Spoilers: Extended Edition trailer!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

CFGriffith
The Shire

Aug 26 2015, 12:46am

Post #26 of 116 (12427 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for posting the link! [In reply to] Can't Post

Also looks like The Hobbit page on FB updated profile pic, top header, and posted about the DVD release, as well as tweeted about it. Hopefully soon more things will start coming out?

Arthael
Lorien

Aug 26 2015, 12:46am

Post #27 of 116 (12431 views)
Shortcut
No rating on the BOFTA material? [In reply to] Can't Post

I noticed the ratings for AUJ and DOS were displayed during the trailer, but I never saw a rating for BOFTA. I found it strange that they would show the ratings during the preview anyway (and not at the end) but even more surprised when I didn't see any confirmation of the controversial "R" rating?

Thoughts? Did I just miss it?

Also, I'm enticed by the new footage overall. I hope the amount of shots of the Dol guldur showdown indicates that it will be one of the scenes most improved in the new cut?

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 12:49am

Post #28 of 116 (12476 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Galadriel scene with the Dungeon orc was very poorly edited, clearly there will be more footage there. I also wouldn't be surprised if the re-used footage of Sauron flashes from DOS is replaced with some of the mo-capped BC footage we heard so much about. I personally am hoping the AUJ shot of Radagast is replaced. I hate how little regard they've given the character in DOS and especially BOTFA where he has two lines and is thrown aside with no concern.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 26 2015, 12:55am

Post #29 of 116 (12286 views)
Shortcut
reused shot [In reply to] Can't Post

As small and relatively insignificant as it is, getting rid of the reused Radagast shot is one of the things I'm hoping for the most in the EE. It's just so...bad.Crazy

Thrain II
Lorien

Aug 26 2015, 1:00am

Post #30 of 116 (12271 views)
Shortcut
It certainly got my atenttion! [In reply to] Can't Post

But not the way I wanted to sadly. Mad It's just because I think this movie needed at least 30 minutes to fill all the gaps and slow things down a bit, first the news of only 20 minutes, and now the sight of that awful and unneeded addition make me really mad. So mad that now I actually see how horrible I spelled the first post. Laugh
I also hoped for a glimpse of something new from Dol Guldur since it was featured a lot.

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 1:01am

Post #31 of 116 (12315 views)
Shortcut
Agreed... [In reply to] Can't Post

It is likely a placeholder for what was originally the Radagast rescuing Beorn sequence, which looks now to not likely be added back in. As a substitute, I'd love them to just insert even a generic shot of Radagast outside Dol Guldur. Anything, its such a weird re-use.

Also odd is the re-use (albeit used in reverse and regraded) of the establishing shot of Dol Guldur from DOS (with the bunny sled removed). Hopefully all of these re-used shots mean this sequence will be heavily altered.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 26 2015, 1:04am

Post #32 of 116 (12474 views)
Shortcut
Yes indeedy..... [In reply to] Can't Post

There's some comfortCrazyUnimpressed in what seems to be PJ's evidently consistent and enthusiastic determination to feature Legolas as the heroic superman of BOFA, e.g. if walking on air weren't enough, evidently he's taking out an entire legion of orcs while hanging upside down - I suppose it would be *churlish* on my part to wonder why the Durins and Dwalin didn't just start a campfire and toast some marshmallows up on Ravenhill. Unimpressed

Too much is not enough:

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!LaughLaughLaugh (and it's OVER 20 MINUTES OF NEW AND EXTENDED SCENES in case you didn't get that, after the 3rd mention of it....)

Still, for me, some promising moments that at least have dwarvesHeart. Well, CGI dwarves anyway.

AND OVER 20 MINUTES OF NEW AND EXTENDED SCENES!!!!!LaughLaughLaugh

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 26 2015, 1:16am

Post #33 of 116 (12262 views)
Shortcut
I have some hope for that troll.... [In reply to] Can't Post

For me, I hope it leads to, somehow:

Because I think the graphic artists were getting material from footage they saw. E.g., for me there's some hope for more "seconds" of dwarf fighting.

And thank you very much BTW for the link!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 1:16am

Post #34 of 116 (12338 views)
Shortcut
I actually didn't notice the "over 20 minutes" HAHA! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was so busy looking at the footage I completely ignored everything said or written on screen. But yeah, it'll be 20 minutes longer and more than 20 mins will be new footage. That is an encouraging thought Smile

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Aug 26 2015, 1:17am)

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 1:20am

Post #35 of 116 (12315 views)
Shortcut
Music... [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait to hear the new music for Dain's new entrance, hopefully we'll finally hear those bag-pipes in the film. Likewise, I hope the Coronation makes it in, even if only for a minute, and the bag-pipes return.

Hearing the warg music will also tie in nicely to AUJ.

Faleel
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 1:23am

Post #36 of 116 (12174 views)
Shortcut
This [In reply to] Can't Post

This post gets my stamp of approval.

Arveldis
Rivendell

Aug 26 2015, 1:23am

Post #37 of 116 (12249 views)
Shortcut
*Laughs* [In reply to] Can't Post

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!LaughLaughLaugh (and it's OVER 20 MINUTES OF NEW AND EXTENDED SCENES in case you didn't get that, after the 3rd mention of it....)

That did get on my nerves. "Over twenty minutes of new scenes!" Yes, I didn't hear that the first time. Or the second time. Please do repeat it again. Tongue I stopped listening to him after that.

I didn't even notice the subtitles at the bottom, though; I was too busy looking for new shots. Blush

Faleel
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 1:26am

Post #38 of 116 (12214 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I would assume the ending blast of the Erebor theme from "The Clouds Burst" and the opening of "Battle for the Mountain" would cover some of that.

QueenCirce
Bree

Aug 26 2015, 1:45am

Post #39 of 116 (12294 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic Summary [In reply to] Can't Post

Great analysis thank you, please correct me if I am wrong. buututtt Is aw some potential new scenes....

1. The giant cave troll jumping onto the ice where Thorin fights Agog
2. The Ram charge towards the elves ( my GOD I hope this is like the book where Gandalf uses the thunderclap and stops the fighting)
3. There was a shot of arrows or javelins going through the air and then being dissovled or something?
3. It doesn't look like much of Dol Guldor has changed :( :( well that we can see for this trailer.)

O_O

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 1:50am

Post #40 of 116 (12270 views)
Shortcut
3. Shot of arrows or javelins [In reply to] Can't Post

3. There was a shot of arrows or javelins going through the air and then being dissolved or something?

It looks like the elves are going to fire arrows at the dwarves, and the dwarves fire ballistas to knock the arrows out of the sky. How the elves then dodge the falling ballista spears is anyone's guess. Probably create perfect formation gaps which the spears land in.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 26 2015, 1:58am

Post #41 of 116 (12400 views)
Shortcut
Newness [In reply to] Can't Post

*Grins* - where have you been Arveldis? - Having too much fun this summer.......LaughCool

Well, newness - of course there are more elves, and here *sulk* we have precious seconds devoted to a new shot of millions of elves lined up in Dale.....Unimpressed

We've got some potentially promising troll action going on at Erebor:

Bard gets to do some more athletic stuff in Laketown:

And we have some nifty whirly things that seem to handily deal with a volley of elven arrows - I think (never underestimate dwarves....Cool)

So, far as I can tell, it's just enough to be intriguing without spoiling anything juicy.Cool

makingstarwars
Bree

Aug 26 2015, 2:11am

Post #42 of 116 (12207 views)
Shortcut
more battle needed [In reply to] Can't Post

The battle of five armies paled in comparison to the battles in LOTR

Arveldis
Rivendell

Aug 26 2015, 2:19am

Post #43 of 116 (12128 views)
Shortcut
Lol [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't say "fun," but I've been busy. Expect a reply to that PM in a couple of days. Smile And badger me if I don't keep to that promise.

So, not to be extremely negative, but I'm seeing action, far too much of a troll's rear end, action, and more action. Although those whirly twirly things look pretty neat. Still, I wouldn't mind a few character moments (I know, I know, I'm still beating that dead horse)... Although I can understand the reasoning behind what was shown in that clip: 1) actions gets people interested and 2) it's hard to edit character scenes so that they flow and fit into the context of the trailer. But I'm still hopeful for the EE...

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 2:26am

Post #44 of 116 (12192 views)
Shortcut
Woah, wait. Smaug entering Erebor?? [In reply to] Can't Post

The words 'World Premiere' are on the bottom as it shows a montage of BotFA clips...

But among all of these clips from BotFA is the shot of Smaug entering Erebor from AUJ. Is this just a randomly selected shot or...

Could there be a flashback involving that entrance, perhaps highlighting the giant bell? Apparently Thrain is in the EE somewhere, could this be where? Perhaps it could even be a prologue?

Or its just a random fun explosion shot Tongue

xxxyyy
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 2:39am

Post #45 of 116 (12133 views)
Shortcut
So, now it's over 20 minutes of extended footage? // [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Half-elven

Aug 26 2015, 2:49am

Post #46 of 116 (12169 views)
Shortcut
I believe I predicted this one... [In reply to] Can't Post

I seem to remember predicting Legolas riding upside down on a bat during the battle, sometime around DOS.

Huh! Cool

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 2:53am

Post #47 of 116 (12109 views)
Shortcut
You forgot one thing... [In reply to] Can't Post

OVER 20 MINUTES OF NEW AND EXTENDED SCENES. Laugh
Seriously, I am glad there is finally some footage of the EE out for our viewing - in some cases scrutinizing - pleasure Cool though I am not sure how I feel about what I saw in this particular trailer. Okay, I know how I feel about Legolas...I'm still groaning. Why PJ? WHY? Mad Aside from that my feelings are mixed at the moment, because past experience has taught me you can not judge a movie by it's trailer.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 3:22am

Post #48 of 116 (12110 views)
Shortcut
BATTLE RAMS!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm SO EXCITED!!! Thank you for posting this!

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Númenórean
The Shire

Aug 26 2015, 3:30am

Post #49 of 116 (12071 views)
Shortcut
elven catapults? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://i.imgur.com/Nbl1mxf.png

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 26 2015, 4:18am

Post #50 of 116 (12102 views)
Shortcut
Exactly why I think the Hobbit films are "sub par" compared to LOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

It's like PJ stopped caring about making Middle-earth feel real Unimpressed

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.