Spoilers: Extended Edition trailer!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 25 2015, 11:46pm

Post #1 of 116 (17580 views)
Shortcut
Spoilers: Extended Edition trailer! Can't Post

Here's a trailer for Fathom Events' trilogy marathon!

Contains EE Spoilers: https://youtu.be/awxBUbZQVKE

Laugh

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Aug 25 2015, 11:48pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 25 2015, 11:51pm

Post #2 of 116 (14900 views)
Shortcut
Okay, okay... [In reply to] Can't Post

So about a second's worth of quick shots, but it's something! Laugh

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Aug 25 2015, 11:51pm)

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 25 2015, 11:53pm

Post #3 of 116 (15033 views)
Shortcut
I thought you were trolling at first. [In reply to] Can't Post

Some cool new shots!Smile

That Legolas shot though..... REALLY?Unsure

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 25 2015, 11:59pm

Post #4 of 116 (14882 views)
Shortcut
Some exciting looking stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

Except more Legolas bs Crazy I thought it was an Eagle at first, but obviously it couldn't be. I'm sick of him.

Starglass
Rivendell

Aug 26 2015, 12:00am

Post #5 of 116 (15023 views)
Shortcut
Finally! [In reply to] Can't Post

That went by pretty fast so I'm not sure i caught everything new. I definitely caught the chariot scene, Bilbo fighting and more Legolas + bat?? Crazy

I definitely would have liked a glimpse of some new dialogue instead of just action, but I guess it's better than nothing!

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 12:01am

Post #6 of 116 (14908 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

I see a very unwanted extended "Legolas on the bat" sequence. Hopefully it's mercifully short.

One good thing about the "only twenty minutes longer" is that it seems like the Dain entrance is completely re-done, that will make for a minute or so of new footage.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 12:01am

Post #7 of 116 (14902 views)
Shortcut
Me and you, Mooseboy... [In reply to] Can't Post

Among the first in the world to see those shots.

Looks like there's going to be more Legolas hanging upside down... *sigh*... and a troll jumping into the ice? I actually loved the troll headbutting the wall gag - so I hope this ice troll is as good as that. Trolls are the one thing I don't mind being turned into jokes, because to me they are quite funny creatures.

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Aug 26 2015, 12:04am)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Aug 26 2015, 12:02am

Post #8 of 116 (15043 views)
Shortcut
No kidding. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That Legolas shot though..... REALLY?Unsure

I love PJ for giving us the LotR films (and many parts of the Hobbit films), but I just can't do anything but shake my head at stuff like that.

Where is the PJ that told his crew at the beginning of the LotR production to strive for realism and a true sense of history?
Unsure

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 26 2015, 12:02am

Post #9 of 116 (14815 views)
Shortcut
elves vs dwarves [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder how the ram charge with Dain is going to play out. Is the elf and dwarf confrontation going to be structured completely differently?

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 12:04am

Post #10 of 116 (14861 views)
Shortcut
Definitely more Ravenhill... [In reply to] Can't Post

You can see a shot of the orcs lowering their lances, this must be as the Eagles arrive or shortly before. Maybe against Beorn.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 26 2015, 12:09am

Post #11 of 116 (14818 views)
Shortcut
so unwanted [In reply to] Can't Post

It's literally the exact opposite of what I can safely say a majority of the fans want. Maybe Alfrid will show up in that scene too, and Tauriel will jump on the bat's back and scream "IT WAS REEEEEEEALLLLL!!!"Wink

I can live with it though if it's short.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 26 2015, 12:12am

Post #12 of 116 (14856 views)
Shortcut
blind/stilt walking troll [In reply to] Can't Post

The only troll thing I hate is the one that involves Legolas. It's just beyond ridiculous and not in the good way some of PJ's better gags are.

Never_Underestimate_A_Dwarf
Rivendell

Post #13 of 116 (14854 views)
Shortcut
Now I want more [In reply to] Can't Post

Saw lots of quick battle shots and the chariot. And for some reason, more Legolas. I threw my hands up in defeat. Sure, PJ, the movie needed more Legolas. Twenty minutes and I guarantee there's more Legolas stunts to suffer through.

Justice for Fili

CathrineB
Rohan

Post #14 of 116 (14746 views)
Shortcut
That was [In reply to] Can't Post

incredibly repetitive Laugh How many times did he say 'extended editions' anyway? Maybe less than I got the impression of I suppose.

Wish there were more new clips though Unsure And yey more flying Legolas? Unimpressed

Dcole4
Rohan

Post #15 of 116 (14811 views)
Shortcut
One thing of note... [In reply to] Can't Post

The Dain entrance doesn't have so much of the 'bloom" color grading. BOTFA in general overused that filter but that scene in the TE was one of the worst offenders. Happy to see it might be toned down in the EE.

Never_Underestimate_A_Dwarf
Rivendell

Aug 26 2015, 12:15am

Post #16 of 116 (14698 views)
Shortcut
So true [In reply to] Can't Post

I can live with it though if it's short.

I could live with it if the movie added more than twenty minutes.
Each second is precious - I hope more aren't wasted on what the vast majority of fans don't want.

Justice for Fili

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 12:17am

Post #17 of 116 (14776 views)
Shortcut
Agree, the stilt troll was not good... [In reply to] Can't Post

I also don't like how easily the trolls go down when the dwarves charge out of Erebor. The struggle to kill that one troll in FotR compared to how easily they're taken out in The Hobbit... but I guess that's just the tone of the film.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 26 2015, 12:19am

Post #18 of 116 (14821 views)
Shortcut
broken record [In reply to] Can't Post

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record (I blame PJ, sorry), but the fact that it's only 20 minutes is what bothers me the most. If we were getting 40 or even just 30 extra minutes, I'd be able to shrug off the extra Legolas gag. But every second of those 20 minutes feels precious, and I hate to see any of it wasted on something that we already have more than enough of.

Who knows though... maybe the overall editing and pacing of that part of the battle will be improved to the point where a little extra Legolas won't be that big of a deal. I wonder exactly where that moment will be placed. I assume it's going to be an extended moment when Legolas flies up to Ravenhill. Or maybe he'll hitch a ride with ANOTHER bat after his fight with Bolg just in case the movie focuses too much on Beorn's new scenes. Because heaven forbid we get a battle scene without it intercutting with Legolas being hip and cool.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 12:21am

Post #19 of 116 (14802 views)
Shortcut
It looks like it might be completely different in the EE... [In reply to] Can't Post

What the heck happens?? The dwarves arrive... then the ballistas are fired at the elves, which takes out their arrows. And there's a charge of rams? How do we get from that point to the "I will not stand down" discussion? Is that before or after this battle? And when do the were-worms come into it? Crazy

It must be completely re-edited. Maybe that's why Dain was CG?

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Aug 26 2015, 12:21am)

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 26 2015, 12:22am

Post #20 of 116 (14714 views)
Shortcut
CG [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess that's one of the "good things" about 99% of the scene being CG. They can just redo it however they want when they add in extended stuff.

EgyptRaider
The Shire

Aug 26 2015, 12:33am

Post #21 of 116 (14701 views)
Shortcut
The Legolas shot [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually I am quite happy that one is in. I always noticed the fact that there was something missing with the bat since Legolas started on the bat while holdings the bat's legs, while in the next shot he was suddenly hanging upside down... You might not like the action or nature of the scene, but at least this gap is being filled.

Thrain II
Lorien

Aug 26 2015, 12:35am

Post #22 of 116 (14742 views)
Shortcut
More Legolas OTT stuff??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Has PJ gone completely mad? Not only will we get only 20 minutes, but he decides to waste it on that. Just wow.
From this trailer we see only battle stuff which doesn't interest me much, I am looking forward to the character moments, if we will get any.
I am intrigued by the new Dain's arrival though.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 12:39am

Post #23 of 116 (14617 views)
Shortcut
Oddly, though... [In reply to] Can't Post

For some reason Legolas changing positions from holding its legs to hanging upside down didn't break my sense of reality... I guess I was just too busy wondering if Legolas would fall, or how his arrows stayed in his quiver, or how and why he was hanging from a giant bat Unimpressed

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 12:42am

Post #24 of 116 (14741 views)
Shortcut
Trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

1) New shot of Elves stringing bows. They are point at the mountain, possibly just a new angle? Or was this used in the TE?

2) New Shot of Dale + Elves... Extended Thranduil entrance scene? Not sure why that scene would be expanded when others are woefully short.

3) Catapult Troll readying to fire upon dwarves. Probably just a small addition to add to the peril Dain and his army are in before Thorin arrives.

4) Bard roof-jumping, this might help some of the choppiness in the sequence.

5) Legolas on the bat... completely unneeded. Hopefully it's just 5-10 seconds added to the start or end of an existing "Legolas in the air" sequence

6) Gundabad army lowering spears, probably to fend against Beorn and the eagles.

7) New Dain entrance, this is exciting, especially since it will replace existing footage rather than cut too deeply into the precious few minutes being added.

8) Chariot vs. Troll, we knew this was coming. We've heard this scene is about 3 minutes or so.

I think most of these are interesting additions. Likely they plucked out the biggest action shots. I wouldn't be overly worried that we won't get many character moments. Of the scenes not confirmed, I really just want the Bofur/Bilbo scene, the acorn scene, Dain's coronation and digging up the treasure in the Trollshaws. I think its obvious now we won't be getting the Beorn imprisoned in Dol Guldur set piece. What confuses me about this is PJ specifically said we'd see more of Mikael Persbrandt's performance. With so little footage being added, I can't imagine what they'll give him beyond maybe a line or two post-battle.

The Azog and Thorin duel looks intact which squashes thoughts that we might get a "busier" Ravenhill battle like the one previewed in the video blogs with the numerous toy soldiers throughout the Ravenhill miniature.

(This post was edited by Dcole4 on Aug 26 2015, 12:46am)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 12:44am

Post #25 of 116 (14692 views)
Shortcut
Don't panic yet... [In reply to] Can't Post

Character moments don't make a good trailer, and there was apparently not much to show here, so that could suggest there's plenty of character stuff added. They just (rightly) decided not to use it for advertising. Instead they show the little bit of extra Legolas, because that's what gets people's attention.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.