The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Where's the Clip?

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 25 2015, 9:18pm

Post #1 of 7 (938 views)
Shortcut
Where's the Clip? Can't Post

Obviously there has been some excitement about the official EE announcement today. I just also received an email newsletter from WB advertising the Fathom Events theatrical screening... so where is the clip? All of the news is out in the world now, why are they holding back on the footage? Both previous announcements were accompanied by a short scene, I find it odd that WB has chosen not to release one with today's announcements. I had thought that they might have held onto it until they could fully announce the Fathom Events screenings, but they just did that today, and still nothing?

We had heard from AshNarg that Yahoo had been holding onto their article and clip. Obviously that was delayed, but with today's info release, its strange that Yahoo hasn't posted their article. Any rumors or info floating around?

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Aug 25 2015, 9:49pm

Post #2 of 7 (857 views)
Shortcut
Not to disappoint you [In reply to] Can't Post

But I think except of a trailer we dont get much more.
Why ? I dont know. Just a feeling.

Actually, this whole WB promotion for The Hobbit is rather underwhelming. Unsure

(This post was edited by NoelGallagher on Aug 25 2015, 9:49pm)

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 25 2015, 10:33pm

Post #3 of 7 (776 views)
Shortcut
Warner Bros. [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't been impressed with how WB has handled really anything Hobbit related. I think we were spoiled by New Line, or maybe times have just changed.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Aug 25 2015, 10:39pm

Post #4 of 7 (762 views)
Shortcut
It's humorous... [In reply to] Can't Post

Because a clip was pretty much all WB still had to release. All the info in the press release had already leaked out. Cool So, essentially, this announcement feels like a total non-event.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 25 2015, 10:49pm

Post #5 of 7 (742 views)
Shortcut
*crosses fingers* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully we'll get it tomorrow. If the clip's not out tomorrow, I doubt we'll be getting anything until the trailer.Unsure

adt100
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 4:32pm

Post #6 of 7 (490 views)
Shortcut
True, but clips will come! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure we probably were a little spoilt with New Line, I've never been overly impressed with WB marketing department. Probably because of them being such a huge behemoth company, there are lots of mangers, lots of committees to go through etc. I was equally unimpressed with their treatment of Harry Potter when it came to the DVD/BR releases.

We had clips and trailers for the AUJ and DOS EE's though, so we will for this too. Bear in mind the release date is not until November! For any other movie you'd think it madness to have trailers and clips posted in August. They'll come when they come. I expect sometime in early September.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 26 2015, 4:50pm

Post #7 of 7 (485 views)
Shortcut
release dates [In reply to] Can't Post

Well the last two EE's were also released in November, and we got clips in late July and early August. At least we have a few new shots in that Fathom Event trailer now.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.