BOFA: EE Official Announcement Imminent
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 25 2015, 8:03pm

Post #26 of 36 (580 views)
Shortcut
Isn't it obvious? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why give it away for free when impatient fans are likely to fork out for both? That's one of the primary reasonings behind this staggered release no doubt. People will pay to see it in theatres, then pay to download it a week later, then buy the physical copy. Warner know a good number of fans will be willing to do this.

(This post was edited by Shagrat on Aug 25 2015, 8:05pm)

Imladris18
Lorien

Aug 25 2015, 8:15pm

Post #27 of 36 (557 views)
Shortcut
I shouldn't have said, "I don't know why..." [In reply to] Can't Post

I know that's why, I'm just not a big fan of the business practice at all, especially when a digital copy comes with the physical copy anyways.

Eruonen
Half-elven

Aug 25 2015, 8:15pm

Post #28 of 36 (554 views)
Shortcut
True, but for 20 minutes they are hardly making it worth while. [In reply to] Can't Post

Númenórean
The Shire

Aug 25 2015, 8:19pm

Post #29 of 36 (543 views)
Shortcut
Yes yes... but... [In reply to] Can't Post

Where is the audiovisual promotional content??? Clip or trailer MadMadMad

Lindele
Gondor

Aug 25 2015, 8:24pm

Post #30 of 36 (525 views)
Shortcut
But [In reply to] Can't Post

the digital copy that comes with the physical release is useless. UltraViolet is a huge joke and waste of time, especially considering an industry that is trying to make digital the norm.

The reason I will buy the digital copy in Oct and then the physical in Nov is because I like to have a digital copy that isn't UltraVIolet and that actually works.

gliido
Bree

Aug 25 2015, 8:36pm

Post #31 of 36 (499 views)
Shortcut
Ultraviolet [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never had any issues with Ultraviolet copies. They work on a wider variety of devices than iTunes-only versions.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 25 2015, 8:38pm

Post #32 of 36 (496 views)
Shortcut
Probably out in about 3 weeks... [In reply to] Can't Post

The other EE trailers were released mid September. This could be an exception, because of the theatrical release. But I don't think it will be.

It's just three more weeks, you can do it! Hang on in there!

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Aug 25 2015, 8:39pm)

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 25 2015, 9:01pm

Post #33 of 36 (444 views)
Shortcut
Clip [In reply to] Can't Post

Based on the last two releases, we should have the clip right now. But I'm sure they're waiting longer this time for big "business" and "marketing" reasons that we're just not able to understand. Warner Bros probably has some sort of graph or pie chart that's telling them that they'll make an extra six dollars and three cents if they release the clip later. How could they not follow through on such a strategic decision?

Lindele
Gondor

Aug 25 2015, 9:21pm

Post #34 of 36 (406 views)
Shortcut
To have UltraViolet [In reply to] Can't Post

you have to have like three separate accounts through different vendors, it is so incredibly complicated, and the format is so weird. You're the first person I've heard say that, but I'm glad it works for you.

I agree there are limitations with iTunes but streamlined is good for me.

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Aug 25 2015, 9:41pm

Post #35 of 36 (374 views)
Shortcut
so what does [In reply to] Can't Post

what does the 5 disc DVD cover look like?

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Aug 25 2015, 10:37pm

Post #36 of 36 (325 views)
Shortcut
I was hoping for news like this! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am pleased that it sounds like they are going to release actual DVD this year!Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.