The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Laurelin and Telperion

basti255
The Shire

Aug 23 2015, 8:57pm

Post #1 of 7 (2825 views)
Shortcut
Laurelin and Telperion Can't Post

My gf is a big fan of Tolkien's work, especially Silmarillion. (as am I). These are her handmade pendants.

What do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/hVZLtyM.jpg

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23 2015, 9:40pm

Post #2 of 7 (2809 views)
Shortcut
They look like dream-catchers! [In reply to] Can't Post

Very lovely! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Sep 1 2015, 1:30am

Post #3 of 7 (2737 views)
Shortcut
lovely design [In reply to] Can't Post

good use of twisted wire and hoop...

I've seen things along these lines as jewelry or dreamcatchers, but this is a particularly nice example.

Especially the two intertwined.

bigger on the inside...

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

Member of Manure Movers Local 101, Raptor Wranglers & Rehab, and Night Fury Trainers Assoc. Owned by several cats and a very small team of maniacal sled dogs... sorry Radagast, those rabbits were delicious...

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 7 2015, 12:59am

Post #4 of 7 (2697 views)
Shortcut
Lovely! [In reply to] Can't Post

Very creative use of intertwined wire - I love how she's worked the wire to convey the texture of the trees - the bark and the branches. I like the idea of the two trees together but I also like how in the single tree designs there's room to show more branches, and I really love the way those branches look.

These are lovely! Very nice work Smile!

basti255
The Shire

Sep 7 2015, 9:26pm

Post #5 of 7 (2692 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you :). Yeah, she's very creative and Tolkien's work can be a huge inspiration in any field of art. He created something really special.

ninja_hepek

Sep 11 2015, 8:38pm

Post #6 of 7 (2566 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wow. Amazing work and I sincerely apologize for reviving this thread but I had to! This is so amazing!

basti255
The Shire

Sep 12 2015, 2:59pm

Post #7 of 7 (2542 views)
Shortcut
new design [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you like it. You can also check her new design, she "upgraded" the whole thing a bit :).

http://i.imgur.com/8qvSFDn.jpg

(This post was edited by basti255 on Sep 12 2015, 2:59pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.