Super Eextended Edition Hobbit and Lord of the rings theory
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Sep 1 2015, 1:06am

Post #26 of 31 (1366 views)
Shortcut
points [In reply to] Can't Post

for knowing way more languages than me...

(I can mangle a few words in Spanish, Elvish, Hungarian, Sign, Chinese and almost remember how to count to ten in Japanese...)

Carry on and keep writing...

Smile

(English is the weirdest language...
for instance: drive, drove, driven... is correct
however: dive, dove, diven, is right out)
Laugh

bigger on the inside...

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

Member of Manure Movers Local 101, Raptor Wranglers & Rehab, and Night Fury Trainers Assoc. Owned by several cats and a very small team of maniacal sled dogs... sorry Radagast, those rabbits were delicious...

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Sep 1 2015, 7:20am

Post #27 of 31 (1356 views)
Shortcut
I dont understand why they didn´t eneter in such story arc [In reply to] Can't Post

The Denethor Palantir is very interesting thing. I find it wouldnt have been very hard to explain in a short scene that there was a palantir in minas tirith aswell.

But I feel this whole thing depends on how they managed the Voice of Saruman seuqnece in wich they messed up completely with the thing that minas tirith is going t obe attacked by the confusing phrase of Saruman: something festers in heart of middle earth...bla bla bla

In the book Gandalf knows not only that minas tirith is going to be attacked but the whole middle earth in the west and that makes it more apocaliptic to me

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

moreorless
Gondor

Sep 1 2015, 2:38pm

Post #28 of 31 (1345 views)
Shortcut
Almost certainly time [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The Denethor Palantir is very interesting thing. I find it wouldnt have been very hard to explain in a short scene that there was a palantir in minas tirith aswell.

But I feel this whole thing depends on how they managed the Voice of Saruman seuqnece in wich they messed up completely with the thing that minas tirith is going t obe attacked by the confusing phrase of Saruman: something festers in heart of middle earth...bla bla bla

In the book Gandalf knows not only that minas tirith is going to be attacked but the whole middle earth in the west and that makes it more apocaliptic to me

I think its pretty clear that ROTK was being pushed heavily in terms of time given that it has to deal with progressively more and more characters introduced though the series. Book Denethor could have been very effective on screen but it would have taken time where as film Denethor was less subtle and easier to get a hold off in a relatively short time. Indeed I think you can see that Gondor generally is rather compressed compared to Rohan but really I don't see too much choice for Jackson in a three film adaptation.

I think the Saurman line makes sense he and Sauron have Palantirs even if Denethor doesn't and they use them to see his vanity and grief and knows this is a weakness that "festers at the heart of middle earth" because it weakens a key defensive position.

(This post was edited by moreorless on Sep 1 2015, 2:42pm)

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Sep 3 2015, 8:58am

Post #29 of 31 (1306 views)
Shortcut
Would be nice seeing [In reply to] Can't Post

Gollum sneaking away to Shelobs Lair when Frodo and Sam are asleep at the stairs of Cirith Ungol.

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Sep 15 2015, 1:42am

Post #30 of 31 (1212 views)
Shortcut
Alfrid [In reply to] Can't Post

"The DoS extended edition for example has this two seconds of Alfrid sneaking among the people of Lake Town, its not in the book I know, its only two seconds but here and there the movie gets enriched."

The Hobbit would have been a better movie without Alfrid. KS

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

RomanGeneral
The Shire

Sep 24 2015, 7:06pm

Post #31 of 31 (1143 views)
Shortcut
Is there a Super Extened LOTR in the works? [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously, is there?

Someone below mentioned the soup scene from TTT. That was ridiculous and detracted from the grave nature of the film. On another thread, I pointed out that the handling of comic relief throughout the six films was often tasteless.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.