EE Collector's Statue Revealed!

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 20 2015, 8:51am

Post #1 of 24 (3106 views)
Shortcut
EE Collector's Statue Revealed! Can't Post

Taken from Blu-ray.com forums. Very fitting:

(This post was edited by Shagrat on Aug 20 2015, 8:53am)

Silmaril
Rohan

Aug 20 2015, 9:25am

Post #2 of 24 (2974 views)
Shortcut
A nice scene! [In reply to] Can't Post

But I am not a big fan of these statues.

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 20 2015, 9:55am

Post #3 of 24 (2940 views)
Shortcut
Better Quality Pic [In reply to] Can't Post

http://i.imgur.com/fUE63sb.jpg

Milieuterrien
Rohan

Aug 20 2015, 10:05am

Post #4 of 24 (2906 views)
Shortcut
I believed that one couldn't work [In reply to] Can't Post

But in fact it does.
Very moving.

It gives this movie justice.

(This post was edited by Milieuterrien on Aug 20 2015, 10:07am)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 20 2015, 10:05am

Post #5 of 24 (2906 views)
Shortcut
These collector edition statues have been rather underwhelming... [In reply to] Can't Post

... at least in comparison to the ones that accompanied the LOTR box sets. The Erebor statues were rather impressive, but then they came with some special edition of the DOS TE. On the positive side, at least the three Hobbit statues actually feature Bilbo, so kudos for them trying to stay faithful to something.

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

dormouse
Half-elven

Aug 20 2015, 10:54am

Post #6 of 24 (2805 views)
Shortcut
Best one so far, I'd say // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silmaril
Rohan

Aug 20 2015, 11:01am

Post #7 of 24 (2794 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, best for me too. [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see Gandalf!

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 20 2015, 11:49am

Post #8 of 24 (2711 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't like this scenic statues at all.

Imho it would have been cool to have :

AUJ: key of Erebor
DoS: Smaug
BotFA: bookholder statues

Definitely something more abstract... Oh well.

This one is definitely the best of the three though.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Aug 20 2015, 11:50am)

mo0on-light
The Shire

Aug 20 2015, 11:57am

Post #9 of 24 (2696 views)
Shortcut
and there a nother pic [In reply to] Can't Post

and there is a box of the dvd EE

http://www13.0zz0.com/2015/08/20/14/915617407.jpg

(This post was edited by mo0on-light on Aug 20 2015, 11:59am)

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Aug 20 2015, 1:08pm

Post #10 of 24 (2584 views)
Shortcut
Rather underwhelming... [In reply to] Can't Post

nalthough it's ice enough, I suppose...
The only one I bothered with is the AUJ EE Bilbo and Gollum...at least that's an iconic moment from the novel, too. I would have liked to get the Erebor statue bookends, as well, but wasn't going to pay for another copy of the TE, particularly since I would need to import it.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 20 2015, 1:29pm

Post #11 of 24 (2549 views)
Shortcut
Well I think it's perfect [In reply to] Can't Post

That scene makes me teary-eyed. Okay, so now we know that trailers are ready, and we have a statue, now can we PLEAZZZEEEEEEE get an EE movie clip?????

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

tsmith675
Gondor

Aug 20 2015, 1:32pm

Post #12 of 24 (2541 views)
Shortcut
I totally called this. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it looks great. Bilbo finally looks like Martin Freeman there. The only thing that looks weird are his feet Crazy. But I'll definitely be picking this one up.

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 20 2015, 2:31pm

Post #13 of 24 (2440 views)
Shortcut
Very good choice... [In reply to] Can't Post

I personally thought they wouldn't dare take this moving moment in favour of action. Good thing they did.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2015, 2:43pm

Post #14 of 24 (2425 views)
Shortcut
Thank you - think this will be popular for good reason (but not for me) [In reply to] Can't Post

IMO it's fitting and from TORn I think a lot of people find meaning in this scene...and IMO it's appropriate...

But for me, while I wouldn't mind having this figure, it's not something I'd fight to have either (tho being in the U.S. guess I won't have to worry about import fees).

Which, being a Durin/dwarf fan, for me is probably an expected attitude but *wistful* I wish we had a choice between this figure, the Durins charging maybe set between 2 shields, and maybe Bard/Smaug. So this is a let-down of sorts, for me.
(And a set of bookends would have been nice - maybe Ravenhill/Dale?)

The first two figures for the sets IMO had a lot of energy and I loved that, plus capturing a scene from the film (as this does). And also for me, all things considered, it might have been nice to have some dwarves w. Bilbo.

But I did get a figure that is IMO amazing w. the DOS set, and happy for the folks who love this scene and are pleased. And I suppose WETA may well be planning some interesting (and pricey) BOFA figures in the futureShocked. So re BOFA guess in theoryUnsure it will be steelbooks for me vs. the "collector edition" - I hope, as the BB steelbook exclusive was quite nice packaging IMO, I wouldn't mind having another like that.

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Aug 20 2015, 2:55pm

Post #15 of 24 (2396 views)
Shortcut
I agree! // [In reply to] Can't Post

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Aug 20 2015, 2:55pm

Post #16 of 24 (2400 views)
Shortcut
Am I seeing only three discs??? [In reply to] Can't Post

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

dormouse
Half-elven

Aug 20 2015, 2:58pm

Post #17 of 24 (2397 views)
Shortcut
It's Blu-ray.... [In reply to] Can't Post

And that has fewer discs, doesn't it?

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #18 of 24 (2393 views)
Shortcut
Good points [In reply to] Can't Post

I too wished for a set of bookends, but oh well. Objectively speaking, this is based on a rather nice moment from the movie, and I'm glad that the people who wanted something like this will have to chance to actually have it.

For me though I think it'll just come down to buying the UK EE DVD set. If it is anything like the AUJ and DOS EE DVD sets, it'll have that elegant quality, in keeping with the LOTR EE DVD sets, that I so desire Smile

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

Avandel
Half-elven

Post #19 of 24 (2391 views)
Shortcut
Disagree - just sayin' re quality [In reply to] Can't Post

Tho LOL I don't know any of the LOTR pieces - but I thought the level of detail in these pieces was startling - the barrels figure for instance there is water in the barrels, intricate folds of cloth, and faces at that scale and price point are about as good as you can get IMO - amazing job with these IMO and am sure this sculpt will be just as nice and detailed, from the looks of it.

That said, for the past few years I have heard repeatedly of the lavish care re PR that LOTR received *sigh*Frown. I utterly loved the AUJ dwarf series of images that came out, the sepia -colored movie posters - and with each film seemed there were less new image re PR, less to collect, and more re-hash.

IMO one of the best collectibles coming out of the Hobbit has been these intricate figures, because for sure there hasn't been a lot of anything else unless you go to WETA and collect the 1:6 figures and assorted replica weapons. I am just glad I snagged a couple of Erebor key paperweights when B &N had them, and the collector disk set w. the key at BB.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 20 2015, 5:00pm

Post #20 of 24 (2254 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was hoping for something like this. I'm glad they didn't go for something like Thorin and Azog. This feels much more fitting.

Hey.

Hey, Warner Bros.

You're running out of things to reveal.

You're already two weeks late.

Just give us the darn clip.Wink

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2015, 6:55pm

Post #21 of 24 (2145 views)
Shortcut
phhht [In reply to] Can't Post

Suspect that the type of collectible I would most like - Thorin/Azog; dwarves, Bard/Smaug (and some of those exist already); bookends - might be output larger and for a bigger price. A lot bigger $$$$Unsure. I just waved off the new WETA Dain because it was too rich for me (all things considered tho it looks great). And it could be years before WETA might make a Thorin-on-throne or Thranduil-on-his-elk or something like that.

Oh, well, the important thing is what's on the disk I guess - or not. Maybe the news holdup is as been has suggested, that tributes for the fallenFrown are being developed and edited in. FrownFrownFrown

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 20 2015, 8:06pm

Post #22 of 24 (2068 views)
Shortcut
Still no DVD?? // [In reply to] Can't Post

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 20 2015, 9:43pm

Post #23 of 24 (1997 views)
Shortcut
cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

I desliked the scene, but oh boy it is about the EE!

Next step: clip!!!

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

And my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hobbit-Rules/676198089181339

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 28 2015, 11:12am

Post #24 of 24 (1513 views)
Shortcut
omg.... *tearing* [In reply to] Can't Post

This is absolutely the one I wanted! It's my favourite moment in all 3 Hobbit films. I'm so happy... and so moved...

Oh wow...

Thank you for posting this!

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #5 1/30/15

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.