The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
My latest fanfic - "In Remembrance of the Fallen"

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 16 2015, 8:01pm

Post #1 of 6 (2695 views)
Shortcut
My latest fanfic - "In Remembrance of the Fallen" Can't Post

Well I've been working on this fic for some time, and I thought if I upload the first part, then maybe I'll get this thing finished! It all started with a Fan Art of an older Kili & Fili, with Fili wearing a crown. I wondered what one thing could change, which would lead to their surviving the battle, and decided if Gandalf had gone to Erebor before Dale, that just might be enough. This story starts at the 20th Anniversary of the reclaiming of Erebor. It's similar to one that DainPig is writing, although not as dark. It's told in a series of flashbacks, which I hope is not too confusing. Feedback is greatly appreciated - hope you like it!

In Remembrance of the Fallen

Part One – A Celebration of Sorts

The twentieth anniversary of the reclaiming of Erebor would be quite the celebration, even if it is marked by a remembrance ceremony for the fallen. Fili sighed as he looked over the plans Ori had drawn up. As heir to the throne it fell to him to supervise the celebration, especially now that King Thorin Oakenshield’s health seemed to be failing. There were times when he just wanted to get away from it all. At least Ori had written a fine speech, telling the story of the Company, their success in battle, and their loss….

“Begone,” Thorin screamed, “ere our arrows fly!” Bard slammed his fist against the stone wall before walking away in disgust. The Dwarves made it to the landing at the top of their hastily constructed wall just in time to see the Bargeman ride away. As far as Thorin was concerned, the matter was resolved.

“What are you doing?” Bilbo protested, “In case you haven’t noticed there is an army of Elves out there – not to mention a few hundred angry fishermen. We are in fact outnumbered.”

“Not for much longer,” Thorin replied. Fili didn’t know what to think. He knew his uncle well, but this Dwarf standing in front of him was a stranger that he did not think he could trust. Fili glanced at Balin, who quickly looked away. Fili resolved to talk to Balin later, in private. But right now Thorin ordered them to prepare to defend their new home, and it was clear they would need to do just that. Sometime later he observed Thorin giving Bilbo an unusual shirt of fine chainmail. The shirt was too small for any dwarf, and the Hobbit was too small for the Dwarven armor, so Fili was relieved that Thorin had found something for Bilbo. Dwalin rounded up the Dwarves and they marched past the two – and just what were they supposed to do, Fili wondered. Unless Dain shows up they will likely be overrun in the morning. He glanced back at Kili, fearing the worst for his brother. And what about the others, Ori and Bofur, who had no real fighting experience? How many of them would die, just because Thorin wouldn’t keep his promise to the men of Laketown? And if he survived, could Fili actually live with that loss?

“Someone’s coming!” Dwalin hurried to the wall at the sound of hooves striking the hard ground. The sun was low against the horizon, but the Dwarves could still see well enough. Gandalf had finally returned.

“Thorin!” The wizard was baffled by the wall, and the bridge that had been collapsed. “Bilbo!”

“I’m here,” the Hobbit replied, followed by the new King Under the Mountain.

“What is the meaning of this?” Gandalf looked up at the Company.

“We have won back our mountain,” Thorin replied, “and our treasure. It must be protected. The men of the Lake are conspiring with the Elves of Mirkwood to rob us.”

“Is that correct?” Gandalf looked at Bilbo for answers.

The Hobbit thought hard about how to answer. “It does appear,” he started, “that the survivors of Laketown have formed an alliance with the Elves.”

“The survivors? Tell me what happened – how do I get up there?”

“You don’t,” Thorin said harshly. “You abandoned us after starting this Quest, and since then we’ve been captured and imprisoned by Thranduil, and if it weren’t for Bilbo we’d still be there. Then we were harassed and threatened with imprisonment in Laketown, and then we had to fight the Dragon on our own. So you’ll understand if I don’t let you in.” It suddenly occurred to Fili that there was no way to let anyone in – or out, but he said nothing.

Thorin turned and started to leave, but Gandalf called out to him. “Thorin, I was called to investigate Dol Goldur, and I was imprisoned there – along with your father.”

Thorin turned back sharply. “My father lives?”

Gandalf sighed. “He was a prisoner in Dol Goldur for many years. He was so thin ….”

“Does he live?” Thorin looked desperate for the answer, and for a moment Fili believed he saw his uncle again.

“I freed him, and we tried to escape.” Gandalf was still grieving over Thrain’s death. “But Azog was there, with a legion of Orcs. A huge army is now marching toward Erebor – they will be here in a matter of days, you must be ready for them!”

“Where is my FATHER?” Thorin scanned the road leading to Dale. “He is not with you – where is he?”

Gandalf sighed and shook his head. “They killed him before my eyes. I could do nothing to save him.” Gandalf watched as Thorin turned pale and slumped against the stone wall. “Thrain’s mind was nearly gone, but he remembered you, Thorin. He asked me to tell you that he loved you.”

Thorin rose slowly, his eyes filled with his hot anger. “You left him there to DIE!” He threw his sword at the wizard as if it were a spear. Gandalf deflected it with his staff, then looked up at Thorin in shock. “You LEFT HIM,” the Dwarf King screamed in fury, “just to save yourself! I will KILL YOU! When next we meet I will kill you!” He staggered away, followed by Balin and his nephews.

The other dwarves looked at each other in confusion. “What do we do?” Ori looked to Dori, but his oldest brother had no answer.

Bilbo was equally confused, and torn between following Thorin and staying to talk to Gandalf. “Bilbo,” Gandalf called, “what happened with the Dragon?”

Bilbo could see he had little time. “Thorin came up with a plan to kill the Dragon, but Smaug escaped. He destroyed Laketown - the survivors are in Dale. Kili told me Bard managed to kill Smaug, look for him in Dale.” He turned to find Thorin, but before he walked away Bilbo leaned over the wall and quietly said, “I will try to come out there later.”

Someone knocked on the door, bringing Fili back to the present. “Enter.” The door burst open and two dwarf children came running in, shouting “Uncle Kili’s here!” They were followed by Prince Kili. “You’re back!” Fili set aside the papers and walked quickly toward his brother. They seized each other in a strong brotherly embrace, while the two dwarf boys bounced around them.

“Uncle Kili, you have returned. It is good to see you.”

“It is good to be seen – and what have we here?” Kili grabbed one boy and pulled him up for a closer look. “This cannot be Kirin,” he exclaimed, “he’s too big!”

“Yes, it is Kirin,” Fili acknowledged, “and yes, he has grown.” The other boy pulled at Kili’s leg, shouting “Me next, me next!” Fili scooped him up quickly and explained, “Your uncle is tired, he’s had a long journey. Give him a moment, and I’m sure he’ll play with you after supper. Now, where is your mother?” He walked to the door and looked out. A dwarf maid was running toward him – just as beautiful as the day he first met her.

“I’m sorry,” she said breathlessly, “I turned around for one moment and they got away from me.”

“It’s all right, Amralamaine.” He kissed her lightly on the mouth before handing his younger son to her. “Kirin, go with your mother and don’t give her any more trouble. Uncle Kili and I will be joining you after we’ve had a moment to talk.”

Kili let the boy down gently. “Best do what your father says.” He smiled approvingly as the boys left, but couldn’t help feel a pang in his heart for the sons he would never have.

“Can I get you something,” Fili offered as he returned to the table. “Tea? Ale?”

“Ale, of course.” Kili glanced at the clutter of papers while his brother opened a keg and filled two mugs. “Thank you,” he said as he took the mug. They both took a deep drink, while gathering their thoughts.

Fili spoke first. “So, how is the big wide world?”

Kili knew what Fili was referring to. “Mirkwood is somewhat improved. Thranduil has cleared out Dol Goldur, but I fear things have just moved east.” Fili nodded. Kili shuffled his feet. “Is it true about Thorin? Is his health failing?”

“I’m afraid so,” Fili replied. “He may join us for supper, so be prepared. He seems to age daily anymore.”

Thorin staggered over to the damaged throne, but collapsed in front of it. His head ached worse than his heart. It was as if two voices were inside, screaming at each other – it was driving him mad! He struggled not to cry, and ended up screaming.

Balin, Fili and Kili approached cautiously. Kili was particularly upset. Thrain, his grandfather, held prisoner all these years! The grandfather he’d never had a chance to meet, killed by the same monster that killed Thror and tried to kill his uncle. This could not stand!

Bilbo hurried up so quietly that no one realized he was there. “Thorin, I’m so sorry! What can I do?”

Thorin looked with dull eyes toward the Hobbit. “I do not know,” he muttered, shaking his head.

“Thorin,” Balin began, “I am sorry to bring this up, but Orcs are coming. We have to get ready for them.” Thorin sighed and rolled over into a sitting position, but his head was aching. He grasped his head with both hands, as if it would split in half if he let go. “Thorin,” Balin continued, “we don’t know if Dain will get here in time, and he needs to be warned about what is coming.” Thorin sighed and nodded slightly, but said nothing. Balin gathered his courage an added, “Perhaps we should consider contacting Bard. They need to be warned as well. Perhaps if they are preparing for the Orcs they will leave us alone.”

“By all means, warn them,” Thorin finally spoke. For now, his grief was keeping the dragon-sickness at bay, and he now had something else to focus on. “We need to find a way to kill as many of the Orcs as possible.” His head began to clear – killing Orcs and protecting the gold seemed to work well together. “We can set fire traps in front of the gate. Kili, take Ori to the Armory and find him a good bow. He’s a good aim with the slingshot, he should pick up the bow quickly.” Kili nodded and left to find Ori.

“We can set firetraps,” Balin acknowledged, “but we’d be short on archers.”

“Catapults,” Thorin muttered. “Perhaps we can make some quickly, something that will work until Dain arrives.”

“Yes, we could do that,” Balin mused, “but, I wonder if perhaps the men of the Lake couldn’t help us.” Thorin glared at him, but Balin kept talking. “Perhaps they have some archers they could loan us, and in return ….”

“We give them gold?” Thorin scoffed. “You would give away our treasure? Do not speak to me of such treason! The gold is ours, and ours alone!” And with that Thorin rose and stomped off to the gold floor.

Balin shook his head. “I’m sorry, Fili. I shouldn’t have suggested that.”

“No, you are right. We don’t have enough archers, and we’ll have to pay to get their help.” Fili watched as Thorin walked into the Hall of Kings. “Bring me a sack of gold,” he whispered. His mind was made up. “I’m going to make a deal with Bard.”

“It could be dangerous,” Balin cautioned, “and I hate to think what Thorin will do when he learns of this.”

“What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him,” Fili replied, “and by the time he finds out it will be too late for him to stop us.”

“I’m going with you,” Bilbo insisted. “We need to talk to Gandalf, we need to find out what he learned.”

Fili nodded. “We must hurry. Balin, can you keep Thorin, um, occupied while we’re gone?”

“I’ll do my best,” he answered. They quickly gathered a bag of gold and found some ropes. Bilbo slid down first, while Fili balanced the sack on his shoulder. Before climbing down he asked Balin what he should say to Thranduil. “He’ll be angry,” Balin suggested, “and there’s a chance he’ll try to hold you captive again.”

“Let us hope not. That would push Thorin to the brink, and I’d hate to think what my brother would do.” Fili swung his leg over the wall, but before sliding down he added, “If Kili asks for me, tell him you’re not sure where I am – that won’t be an entire lie.” Balin nodded as he watched the young dwarf slide down the rope, all the while praying to Mahal for his safe return.

They ran quickly, Bilbo struggling to keep up with the eager Dwarf. Their travel was uneventful, until they reached Dale and ran into the Elven guard. Where Bilbo may have been quiet enough to slip past (even without the ring), Fili was not so lucky. They were captured almost immediately and brought to Thranduil. Fili heard Thranduil scoffing at Gandalf. “This army you speak of, where is it?”

“Perhaps you should send scouts to find them,” Fili shouted, “instead of arguing with Gandalf.”

“You!” Thranduil recognized the blonde Dwarf immediately. “You escaped from my dungeons, and if I’m not mistaken this is the Halfling who stole the key from under my guard’s nose.”

“Of course he did,” Fili retorted, “you imprisoned us for no reason!”

“And I will do so again,” Thranduil snapped.

“Wait!” Bard finally intervened. Turning to Fili he asked, “Why are you here?”

“To strike a bargain with you.” Fili stepped forward, letting the bag slide from his shoulder. “I bring you this gold, and ask that you treat with me instead of my uncle. Listen to Gandalf, he would not lie about such a grave matter.”

“Perhaps not, but tell me, why should we treat with you?” Thranduil towered over Fili. “One small sack of gold? By what authority do you bring it? I can’t believe your uncle supports your action.”

“Listen!” Fili turned his face up to the Elven King. “Put your anger aside and think for a minute. Orcs crossed into your realm in pursuit of our Company. They are out there! Why is it so hard for you to believe us?” Turning back to Bard he added, “You should not be wasting your time and resources on Erebor. You need to get your people to safety.” He motioned toward the sack. “Take the gold, there will be more, I promise you that.”

Bard picked up the sack and examined its contents. “There are hundreds of us. Where could we go?” He closed the bag. “I do not doubt your word, but if an Orc army is coming then we cannot leave. We are safer here than we would be on the open road. Thranduil, are we still allies?” The Elven King tilted his head in consideration before nodding. “Then can you leave some of your Elven guard here in Dale, to help defend us?”

“Yes,” he relented, “but I will not help the Dwarves.” Turning to Fili he added, “Your uncle has boxed himself in. If what you say is true, then Erebor will be overrun and he will be killed. Thorin is out of time. You would be wise to remain here with us, in fact I insist.” Thranduil waived his hand, and two of his Elven Guard stepped forward. “If Thorin truly wants my help, he’ll have to pay for it. And I will keep his nephew until I receive what is mine.”

“Thranduil!” Gandalf began to speak, but the Elven King walked past him. Turning to Bard he asked, “Do you agree with this? Holding Fili hostage?”

“What would you have me do?” Bard looked to the ground, disturbed by Thranduil’s action, but he felt he had to protect his own people. “I am sorry, Fili, but I must look to my own.”

“Wait!” Bilbo ran after Thranduil. “You don’t need to do this – I’ve got something better.” He pulled the Arkenstone from his pocket.

“Bilbo?” Fili couldn’t believe what he saw. “You’ve had the Arkenstone all this time? You’ve kept it from Thorin?” Fili couldn’t help but feel betrayed at this revelation.
“Fili,” Bilbo started, but the blonde dwarf shook his head. “Fili, I told Balin, in a matter of speaking. He seemed to think it would, make matters worse?” He hoped Fili would understand his meaning. Fili looked like he was in pain, not sure what to think. Bilbo withheld the Arkenstone from Thorin, and was now offering it to Thranduil. But what was he doing? Making a deal with Bard behind Thorin’s back? Giving away the gold that Thorin had insisted was theirs alone?

“I made it to the Shire in record time,” Kili bragged, “just in case you’re curious.”

“Oh – and is Bilbo still there?” Even after all these years, Fili still had misgivings about the Hobbit.

“Yes he is – I spoke to him personally. It’s amazing, he doesn’t look like he’s aged a day.”

“And what did he say? Will he come?”

Kili smiled. “He came with me. He is most anxious to see Thorin, while there’s still time.”

Fili nodded. “Thorin will be glad to see him again – I suppose I should see him as well.”

“Don’t you think it’s time you let that go?” Kili tapped his fingers on the side of his empty mug. “He’s traveled a long way, and I did tell him he was welcome here.”
“And he is.” Fili’s mind began to drift into the past. “I just can’t help but wonder how different things might have been if Bilbo hadn’t concealed the stone.”
“Probably much worse,” Kili mused, “at least that’s what Balin believes.”

Thranduil looked down at the Arkenstone, almost mesmerized by its beauty. Bard also walked over to marvel at it. “How is this yours to give?”

“I, um, claimed it as my 14th share of the treasure. But you can keep it as collateral against future payments of gold, and the necklace, if that is what it takes to secure an alliance. Of course, if Erebor is overrun by Orcs, there won’t be any future payments, so by helping us you will actually be helping yourselves.”

“All the gold in that mountain won’t help my people if they are dead!” Bard feared for his people. “There are few of us in Dale, and we need Thranduil’s help as much as you do. Can you not ask for help from the Iron Hills?”

“Yes, Thorin has done that, but the Orcs may get here first. If we could just have a few archers to help us defend ourselves until Dain arrives, and then they can return to help Dale.”

“You don’t know much about war, do you?” Thranduil smirked at Bilbo’s idea. “Any troops placed at Erebor would likely be cut off by an Orc army, and therefore be unable to return to Dale.”

Gandalf finally spoke up. “Thranduil, you could divide your troops, placing some inside Dale and some outside Erebor. Should Dain arrive before the Orcs, your troops could withdraw to Dale, but if not then Dain’s forces could support your forces in both locations.”

“It’s possible that a combined force could box the Orc army in,” Bard speculated.

“So,” Bilbo asked, “do we have an agreement?”

This time Fili spoke. “No, we don’t have an agreement! And you, Bilbo, what have you done?”

Bilbo hadn’t been prepared for Fili’s reaction – he now realized that Fili saw him as a traitor to his friends. “Please, let me talk to him a moment.” Bilbo approached the Dwarf cautiously. “Fili,” he said quietly, “listen, you know your uncle hasn’t been himself lately. We want to help him, and I want to help all the Dwarves, you included.” Turning back to Thranduil he added, “Thorin values this stone above all else, and I believe he will give both of you what you are asking for in exchange for the Arkenstone.”

Thranduil glanced at Fili. “And what does his heir and nephew think? Do you support this action?”

No, he most certainly didn’t, but Fili realized they would need the Elven King’s assistance, at least until Dain arrived. “That stone belongs to the King – Bilbo, go back to Thorin. Tell him I am staying here in Dale, with our new Allies. Take the Arkenstone with you.”

“I’m afraid not.” Thranduil suddenly pulled a sword. “I will keep both you and the Arkenstone.”

“No,” Bilbo protested, “Fili must come back with me.”

“I agree,” Bard objected, “we have the Arkenstone, we don’t need to keep Fili as a hostage.”

“I can’t be sure of that,” Thranduil scoffed. “Which means more to Thorin, the Arkenstone or his nephew?” Bilbo feared the answer, and said nothing. Thranduil smirked triumphantly. “You do not know? Well then, I’ll keep them both, just to be safe.” He again motioned for his guards. “Take the Dwarf to a secure location and keep him there. See that he’s fed, but make sure he can’t escape.” Thranduil turned back to the Hobbit. “Go back to Erebor, and take the wizard with you. Tell Thorin I have his nephew and Arkenstone –. I will release them both in exchange for the gems I want, but not before I receive them.”

Bilbo had never felt so angry in his life. “We came here in good faith, offering you the diamonds in exchange for your help. You cannot do this! Any harm comes to Fili, and I’ll throw those diamonds over the wall and let the Orcs have them!”

“Thranduil,” Gandalf interceded, “you won’t get the diamonds if the mountain is overrun. Will you help defend Erebor?”

“Now that I have a reason to, yes.” The Elven King returned to his chair. “Now if you’ll excuse us, Bard and I must make plans.”

Ori escorted Bilbo to the King’s chambers, all the while talking excitedly about the celebration. “This will be the grandest event since Thorin’s coronation. “I’m so glad you came. It will mean so much to the King, and, well, it’s good to see you again.”

“It’s good to see you too,” Bilbo replied.

The Hobbit felt apprehensive as Ori knocked on the door. A dwarf opened the door – someone Bilbo didn’t recognize. “Emundur,” Ori said, “please tell King Thorin that Master Baggins has arrived.”

“The King is indisposed.” He began to close the door, but Ori stepped in.

“Emundur, the King is expecting Master Baggins. He will want to see him.”

The dwarf looked the Hobbit over. “Very well, I’ll inform King Thorin.” He opened the door and allowed them to enter the foyer. “Wait here,” he added before walking into an adjacent room.

“Emundur,” Ori explained, “Bombur’s oldest son, and Thorin’s personal assistant. He’s a good dwarf, very loyal – takes his charge seriously.”

Bilbo laughed. “I thought he looked familiar.” Just then he heard another familiar voice insist on getting up, along with the rustle of fabric and the tapping of a cane. A familiar silhouette filled the doorway, but the face of the King Under the Mountain looked much older than he remembered. “Thorin,” Bilbo gasped.

“Oh come now,” Thorin replied, “I can’t look that bad.” The strong nose and determined brow were the same, but dark circles ran under the piercing blue eyes, and the complexion had an unhealthy ashen tint. The hair was streaked with more gray than dark brown color, the beard was much longer and forked, but also held much gray coloring. “Now,” he mused, “how is it that you look the same as the day you left Erebor?” He didn’t really give Bilbo a chance to answer, as he moved rather quickly to the Hobbit and pulled him into a strong embrace – strong, but not as strong as on the carrock. “I am glad you came, my friend.”

“I am glad I came as well.” He looked up at Thorin and smiled. “I was rather hoping you could show me around this place, if you’re feeling up to it. I’m sure much has changed.”

“It has indeed ….” Thorin couldn’t finish his sentence, because he started coughing heavily. Emundur helped Thorin to a chair and fetched him something to drink. After a few swallows the coughing subsided. “I’m afraid I have changed, too,” he lamented, “and not for the better.”

Bilbo looked at Ori, hoping for some assurance that Thorin’s condition was only temporary. But the shy Dwarf could only look down. “Are you being treated – is Oin still around?”
“Oh yes, I see our Apothecary daily.”

Bilbo nodded. “And Balin, and the others?”

“Of course,” Thorin nodded. “Dwalin is Captain of the Guard, and Balin is Fili’s Chief Advisor.”

“Fili’s Advisor?” Bilbo was confused. “Not your Advisor?”

“No, not anymore.” Thorin took another drink. “Fili is now Regent of Erebor, so Balin reports to him now. Fili will be King soon, very soon.” Thorin put the cup down and leaned against his cane. Bilbo waited for Thorin to speak again – it took a few minutes. “I am sorry, Bilbo,” he finally said, “but I fear my strength has left me. Ori, see if Lord Bofur could show our Hobbit the improvements we’ve made since his last visit.”

“Yes, my Lord.” Ori stood gave Thorin a quick bow before leaving.

“Thorin,” Bilbo said quietly, “I did bring you a small gift. You remember that acorn I showed you?”

“The one from Beorn’s garden?”

“Yes, that one. Well, it’s grown and started producing acorns last year. I brought you some. I thought that the Mountain could use some good solid trees.” He smiled weakly.

“That was very thoughtful.” He finally looked up and smiled, but Bilbo could tell that Thorin had spent all the energy he had. “Perhaps you could plant them for us. Dwarves aren’t as skilled at gardening as hobbits.”

“Of course.” Bilbo struggled to think of anything helpful to say. “You’d be surprised how fast they grow. Why, in just a few years they’ll be over six feet tall.”

“I would like to see that,” Thorin said, slurring his words a bit. “But I fear I’ve already lived longer than was intended.” He motioned for Emundur to help him stand. “I must rest now, but I will join you for dinner.” “I look forward to it,” Bilbo replied sadly. He now realized why Thorin had sent for him – clearly the King was running out of time.

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Aug 16 2015, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 6 (2684 views)
Shortcut
I love it. [In reply to] Can't Post

It is really good, especially the Fili and Bilbo conflict. Where can I read the rest of it?

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 16 2015, 9:45pm

Post #3 of 6 (2676 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I haven't finished it yet, I have Part II written and nearly done with Part III. I usually post my fanfics here, but I also have a WordPress blog:

https://hobbitized.wordpress.com/

It's not uploaded there yet, but will be.

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 21 2015, 10:44pm

Post #4 of 6 (2427 views)
Shortcut
Really nice fanfic! [In reply to] Can't Post

(and soon you guys will see the last part of "Darkness Above Erebor" Wink)

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

And my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hobbit-Rules/676198089181339

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 21 2015, 10:50pm

Post #5 of 6 (2423 views)
Shortcut
I have a little question Toni [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you writting another "Mary Sue" fanfic? Because I remember you saying it in Hobbitized!

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

And my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hobbit-Rules/676198089181339

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 21 2015, 10:56pm

Post #6 of 6 (2421 views)
Shortcut
er, um, well [In reply to] Can't Post

I have started one, that might be a "Mary Sue," though I don't think she really is one - she's half-dwarf and living in Laketown - but that is a different fanfic from "In Remembrance." This one doesn't have any new characters, it's just the events that have changed. I have finished Part II, and will post it sometime this weekend. Part III is taking a bit of time, though.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.