Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Yawwwnn. And no NOT because I don't like these movies...

Olorin2607
Lorien

Aug 15 2015, 6:57pm

Post #1 of 9 (1240 views)
Shortcut
Yawwwnn. And no NOT because I don't like these movies... Can't Post

Yawnnnn... its so boring to wait for some news... why does WB not give us this g..d.. press release.

It's really starting to get ridiculous. I currently have to learn for an oral exam.. and I really need SOMETHING new concerning the EE that will get my mood up. Unsure

Perhpas user AshNazg can ask his sources why for example Yahoo may not post the details for the EE?Wink

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Aug 15 2015, 7:04pm

Post #2 of 9 (1211 views)
Shortcut
I'm very surprised... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that the announcement didn't come out this week. I was certain it would. The press releases for the previous films were out by this time for the past two years. Also, given that both details about the runtime, as well as artwork, have been leaking out, I don't know what WB is waiting for.

All that's really left is for someone to leak the list of special features, and the press release will be beside the point. WB will still have the clip to release, but that's it.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 15 2015, 7:40pm

Post #3 of 9 (1153 views)
Shortcut
hope [In reply to] Can't Post

I think there is reason to HOPE, with this long silence - based on the way a lot of people work - myself too - I hate being pestered when I am on a project before I am READY to show it to people. Look at all the flak that PJ got w. the first DOS trailer "oh, the CGI, oh Smaug", and so on...

Trouble w. releasing drafts is no matter how many times you tell people something isn't finished, it's taken as "Gospel". The of course, there's WB and its accountants and the "looming threat" of SW hype - remember reading an article last year that after the Hobbit, WB didn't have any "sure thing" franchises lined up and it was a concern, especially after BOFA boosted the slow BO at the end of the year. So I am thinking WB is very carefully calculating info release times re maximum impact.

I think that WB is going to want to make as much as possible from the EE, to boost those coffers - well, of course they would anywayCool, but being the "last film" at least for a while, there's plenty of reason for hype - especially since the fan community does so much free advertising anyway at little cost to WB. I imagine even file security is a concern, with the explosion of pirating, and maybe there's a hold-up in the actual disk production - and as we know, PJ has and does tweak up to the last minute. Then if he's editing the film, the score has to be altered to fit, and seems like the musicians work at a distance.

(And with an R rating maybe there will be some finally realistic blood smears put in here and there, I hope soCool, it doesn't have to be awash in gore but those often squeaky clean swords are very mildly annoying time to time - just a smear of stickiness here and there would help.Unimpressed)

The pressure on PJ & co. re BOFA was enormous and think it is too re this EE from the fan community at least - so yeah, I can see PJ & co. just hunkering down and doing what they need to do. Also, of course, PJ & co. may have personal issues going on that we know nothing of, that they are dealing with. And he has to know, for good or bad, unless they really are planning some sort of super-director cut release at some point (and IMO that won't be for a while as PJ seemed to have other things he wants to do) this EE is a very real legacy for him. I think it's like DOS when there were not many blogs and a lot of secrecy - PJ & co. are just working, still.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 15 2015, 7:47pm

Post #4 of 9 (1144 views)
Shortcut
Maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps WB is still locking down the special features. That's all I have for a guess.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 15 2015, 8:34pm

Post #5 of 9 (1088 views)
Shortcut
Finished product [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure if PJ actually works on the EE for this long though. I don't think they normally work until the last minute to finish things up for the EEs. The late release is more in the hands of the people putting together the bonus features and the people preparing the digital and physical releases. At least that's what I assume.

dormouse
Half-elven

Aug 15 2015, 10:31pm

Post #6 of 9 (990 views)
Shortcut
That seems possible.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... particularly with the deaths of Andrew Lesnie and Christopher Lee. Maybe some late changes to the special features? Just a guess.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 16 2015, 12:39am

Post #7 of 9 (904 views)
Shortcut
You're not the only one whose surprised. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was certain a press release and/or clip would have been out by now. Especially since the EE is opening in theaters in two months, I figured WB would want to get the word out sooner than later.

Goldeneye
Lorien

Aug 16 2015, 4:31am

Post #8 of 9 (829 views)
Shortcut
Ee theater release [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure the EE release will draw any but the most devoted fans to theaters. So WB probably isn't going to market this all that much. To set the record straight, when is the actual home video release again?

BalrogTrainer
Rivendell

Aug 16 2015, 2:20pm

Post #9 of 9 (664 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

I seem to recall this being around the time the DOS EE was announced last year.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.