Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Bought the new James Taylor album yesterday... it was VINYL!!!!

Moahunter
Rohan

Aug 9 2015, 6:09am

Post #1 of 5 (340 views)
Shortcut
Bought the new James Taylor album yesterday... it was VINYL!!!! Can't Post

as well as being available on CD.http://www.jamestaylor.com/...s-world/liner-notes/
I can't remember the last time I bought a new vinyl recording

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Aug 9 2015, 11:42am

Post #2 of 5 (314 views)
Shortcut
I admit to being very confused about this. [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember the big deal being made years ago about the countdown to the "last" vinyl album and which it would end up being. Your post is not the first time I've heard/read that vinyl is still being made.

Speaking as someone in the youngest group which would have grown up listening to and buying primarily vinyl in their childhood years right before the rise of cassettes, I would still be nervous about it becoming obsolete, and eventually not being able to find needles.

After vinyl, cassettes and cds, I'm now happy with my Ipod. Like radio, except only my favorite songs and no commercials - plus the ability to create playlists for different holidays and occasions.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 9 2015, 12:40pm

Post #3 of 5 (309 views)
Shortcut
Vinyl recordings seem to be increasing in popularity [In reply to] Can't Post

For years it was rare that one would see a turntable for sale; now they're making a comeback. Smile

And I too have noticed that many of the older artists (like Ringo Starr) are offering their latest recordings on vinyl as well as other media! We "oldsters" appreciate it; I wonder how many of the "younger set" purchase the 33 1/3's?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Aug 9 2015, 7:33pm

Post #4 of 5 (294 views)
Shortcut
Little Eruvande bought the newest Imagine Dragons album on vinyl in April. [In reply to] Can't Post

They are definitely not a "classic" group.

He also has a new turntable that we got from Half Price Books. It even has a place to plug in your USB! Laugh

His cousins are all around the same age (early to middle teens) and they all like vinyl.

The more things change, the more things stay the same.

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

Moahunter
Rohan

Aug 9 2015, 9:46pm

Post #5 of 5 (284 views)
Shortcut
In The Past Five Years, Vinyl Sales Have Grown 260%-Forbes magazine 30/5/2015 [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.forbes.com/...ales-have-grown-260/
But the numbers are still very small compared to the other formats.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.