The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
WB Announcement???

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 6 2015, 1:30am

Post #1 of 8 (1356 views)
Shortcut
WB Announcement??? Can't Post

Over the past few days/weeks there has been quite a bit of news in regards to the BOTFA EE: DVD release date, rating, runtime, and theater release. While all of this is exciting and a bit controversial - as some sites are reporting different dates, ratings, and time - I find it a bit odd that WB hasn't said ANYTHING official up to this point. I even checked the WB website and find nothing - release dates, ratings, etc. - in regards to the BOTFA EE. I don't mean put a damper on all the buzz, but wouldn't WB have said something by now?

David44
The Shire

Aug 6 2015, 1:51am

Post #2 of 8 (1305 views)
Shortcut
reminds me the trailer thing last year [In reply to] Can't Post

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 6 2015, 2:00am

Post #3 of 8 (1301 views)
Shortcut
Guessing, but [In reply to] Can't Post

Not if WB is still talking to theater chains - in the U.S. I think AMC and Fathom have been mentioned, but what about Regal and others I can't think of...may be deciding if there will be marathons and so on.

Re the actual DVD/BR stuff may still be being finalized, if and what collectible may be included (I remember some issues with the dwarf statue bookends) - and it seems like some countries get nice colored disk labels and so on, so there is printing and disk production and packaging and hopefully quality checking; there isn't even a picture of the artwork up yet on the retail sites. Even stuff like printing next year's calenders and so on - licensing for that kind of thing may be going on.

Possibly lining up interviews and/or some kind of publicity - I mean Yahoo had a blurb, and they and other places are getting their information from TORn! *Shrug* I suspect WB isn't going to miss an opportunity to add to the coffers, when everything is lined up and ready.Cool

So maybe what we are seeing is leakage, but WB isn't ready for official announcements yet. It's nice to think that all this silence means something extra-special is coming.UnsureShockedCool

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Aug 6 2015, 6:21am

Post #4 of 8 (1137 views)
Shortcut
Maybe they weren't ready to give the bad news yet. [In reply to] Can't Post

'We are pleased to announce the final Extended Edition which many of you have been looking forward to for months. By the way, it it's only nineteen minutes longer, instead of the thirty or forty minutes you were hoping for.'.

I'm starting to wonder if WB just want to get the last EE out of the way with minimum fuss. I guess New Line spoiled us with the LOTR movies.

From the makers of 'The Lord of the Rings' comes the sequel to Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy -
'The War in the North, Part I : The Sword in the Tomb'.

(This post was edited by Hanzkaz on Aug 6 2015, 6:22am)

Dipling
Lorien

Aug 6 2015, 6:32am

Post #5 of 8 (1123 views)
Shortcut
Also... [In reply to] Can't Post

Weta digital is late at updating their in-production page. BOTFA is showing still in production:
https://www.wetafx.co.nz/in_production

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 6 2015, 10:12am

Post #6 of 8 (977 views)
Shortcut
Interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Weta digital is late at updating their in-production page. BOTFA is showing still in production:
https://www.wetafx.co.nz/in_production

Even the estimated release date is vague - 2015. All the other films on the list give a month, day, and year. I don't know, maybe I'm looking too much into it...but something is not adding up.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 6 2015, 1:27pm

Post #7 of 8 (833 views)
Shortcut
Might as well say '20 minutes'. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
'We are pleased to announce the final Extended Edition which many of you have been looking forward to for months. By the way, it it's only nineteen minutes longer, instead of the thirty or forty minutes you were hoping for.'

It's only a few seconds short of 20 minutes long. we might as well round up instead of down. And that report was for the version that was approved by the German Film Board. It is possible that additional cuts were required, considering that AMC has listed a 3-hour runtime (although that might just be a place-holder).

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Aug 6 2015, 1:28pm)

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 6 2015, 3:06pm

Post #8 of 8 (737 views)
Shortcut
Spot on, Avandel [In reply to] Can't Post

At least for the EE theater release. When theaters started putting it on their schedules, and fans started noticing, the cat was out of the bag. I think WB underestimates the sleuthing abilities of fans because they didn't have an official press release prepared. I also agree that the theaters might not be finalized yet. I've only found one in the state of Colorado so far, and I find it hard to believe no other theaters in the state will be showing the trilogy.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.