Shortcut
I didn't even think of that. [In reply to] Can't Post

That makes it sound even more unlikely.

Silmaril
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 9:20am

Post #27 of 74 (2035 views)
Shortcut
What would you have done if you had the R rating? Interview PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

What would you have done if you had the R rating?
Oh all sorts of great things. I will tell you what, you wait for the extended cut of this film. There are a few Orc killings that we actually got knocked back. Because when we submitted this to the MPAA we got an R. So what you’re seeing is the result of heavy editing to even just get the PG-13. But there will be a little bit of Orc killing to be seen in the extended cut.http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/04/no-regrets-peter-jackson-says-goodbye-to-middle-earth.html

adt100
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 10:28am

Post #28 of 74 (1988 views)
Shortcut
Is 'R' the equivalent of 15 in the UK? [In reply to] Can't Post

FrostyLemon
The Shire

Aug 5 2015, 10:45am

Post #29 of 74 (1963 views)
Shortcut
I think this has something to do with the appendices [In reply to] Can't Post

The Desolation of Smaug EE is a 12, but the appendices part 9 is a 15. I think it's because Legolas call Tauriel a sl*t during an outtake.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 10:47am

Post #30 of 74 (1965 views)
Shortcut
I heard this too [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I think the original plan was for Fili to be beheaded, but I don't think they ever followed through with that idea. Thankfully...

but the gruesome Durin death moment (if it's included) is not that.

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 5 2015, 10:55am

Post #31 of 74 (1969 views)
Shortcut
What is it then? [In reply to] Can't Post

I assumed the Fili beheading also. Do tell. Wink

Never_Underestimate_A_Dwarf
Rivendell

Aug 5 2015, 11:01am

Post #32 of 74 (1959 views)
Shortcut
Not sure what to think... [In reply to] Can't Post

Or if this is accurate. I'll withhold my judgement for the official announcements, but I assure you that a particular dwarf is NOT beheaded. That's just not gonna happen.

With the freedom of cgi orcs, I guess that can allow for some gruesome slayings. We've already seen plenty of orcs lose their heads in these movies, so what is it? More blood? That doesn't fit with the films, to have one excessively bloody battle. We didn't recieve that in LOTR.

Justice for Fili

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 5 2015, 11:16am

Post #33 of 74 (1946 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure it will just be Beorn's kills [In reply to] Can't Post

We know he's going to run rampant, tearing things apart and crushing Orcs. I really wouldn't worry too much. Beorn on the rampage is very much a good thing!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 5 2015, 11:31am

Post #34 of 74 (1932 views)
Shortcut
R-rating [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Is 'R' the equivalent of 15 in the UK?

Maybe. An R-rating means that minors must be accompanied by an adult.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 11:57am

Post #35 of 74 (1914 views)
Shortcut
No one panic...it's not a beheading [In reply to] Can't Post

as far as I aware.

I heard that in the uncut version of Fili's death that Azog's blade goes straight through his body and that is how he's held before he's dropped. Watching his death I can see it and if I had to guess it probably happens right before Dwalin turns away.

As for Beorn I'm pretty certain he is one reason - if not the reason - for the R rating. I would be very surprised if he's not.

(This post was edited by lionoferebor on Aug 5 2015, 11:59am)

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 5 2015, 12:26pm

Post #36 of 74 (1878 views)
Shortcut
This I could well imagine [In reply to] Can't Post

It was clearly sanitized for the TC. It remains to be seen if it will be more graphic, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a more explicit shot of the blade penetrating through Fili, possibly Kili also.

Never_Underestimate_A_Dwarf
Rivendell

Aug 5 2015, 12:39pm

Post #37 of 74 (1865 views)
Shortcut
I can see this too, [In reply to] Can't Post

But what would adding that accomplish? Taking the time to add in a sword blade, more blood...for what purpose? There's so many things that can be "fixed" or added to the film, why spend time killing off the characters...more? So I hope they leave the deaths as is. It was bad enough.

There's so much speculation at this point, I like to keep guessing but I really have no idea what direction this EE will take. As others have said, we need more character moments and resolutions, not more gore (I'm excited to see more Beorn though).

Justice for Fili

Silmaril
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 1:14pm

Post #38 of 74 (1841 views)
Shortcut
Age limit 12 years in Germany!? [In reply to] Can't Post

"Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren"
https://www.spio-fsk.de/...le=1508\148566aV.pdf

(This post was edited by Silmaril on Aug 5 2015, 1:16pm)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 5 2015, 1:33pm

Post #39 of 74 (1830 views)
Shortcut
What was "Jurrasic World" rated? [In reply to] Can't Post

There were a few guys that got crunched in that movie, along with blood spatter & all.

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 5 2015, 1:41pm

Post #40 of 74 (1816 views)
Shortcut
I'd rather see that than a beheading [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
as far as I aware.

I heard that in the uncut version of Fili's death that Azog's blade goes straight through his body and that is how he's held before he's dropped. Watching his death I can see it and if I had to guess it probably happens right before Dwalin turns away.

As for Beorn I'm pretty certain he is one reason - if not the reason - for the R rating. I would be very surprised if he's not.

The Avengers 1st movie almost got an R rating because Loki stabbed Phil Coulson all the way through. I imagine if there was blood on Azog's sword (which I would assume would be bloody if it goes all the way through), that would generate an R rating. That would also go along with something Graham McTavish said in an interview, that somehow involves his reaction or mourning of Fili. I did notice that the camera stays above Fili's chest while he's dying - oh, so sad!Unsure

*starts singing "Did you ever know that you're my hero!*

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

(This post was edited by Kilidoescartwheels on Aug 5 2015, 1:42pm)

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 1:42pm

Post #41 of 74 (1813 views)
Shortcut
Aside from... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
But what would adding that accomplish? Taking the time to add in a sword blade, more blood...for what purpose?

Aside from shock value...nothing.

In regards to Fili's death (and possibly Kili's) if the blade penetrating through his body is true, all they would have to do is cg it back in. It really wouldn't even be an extended scene but more of an edited scene. So really - if it's added back in - it wouldn't take away from the 30 minutes of extra footage.

In Reply To
There's so much speculation at this point, I like to keep guessing but I really have no idea what direction this EE will take. As others have said, we need more character moments and resolutions, not more gore (I'm excited to see more Beorn though).

As I said in a previous post, it doesn't take much for a movie rating to move up or down. In the case of violence it's not always how much violence but rather the type of violencethat pushes a film up to the next rating. We may get 20 minutes of extra violent scenes in the EE (hopefully not) or we may get less than 10 minutes, but as long as it's the "right kind" of violence that alone would change the rating to R.

Though I agree BOTFA really does need character *cough* Dwarf *cough* moments.

brotherbeck
Rivendell

Aug 5 2015, 2:21pm

Post #42 of 74 (1771 views)
Shortcut
Mixed Feelings [In reply to] Can't Post

If the R rating is true than I am completely surprised and somewhat shocked. On one hand that seems absolutely crazy for a mega-budget mainstream adaption of a book that is widely enjoyed by children... Yet, on the other hand it has been shown time and time again that the ratings systems are completely inconsistent and in my opinion downright silly, at least in the U.S.

The ratings board here seems to have an aversion to actually showing blood and gore, but not violence and killing. The slew of PG-13 action films that have come out in recent years show this - dozens if not hundreds of people can be killed in all sorts of horribly violent ways but they are totally fine as long as no blood is show. And heaven forbid two adult characters have completely consensual sex in anything approaching a realistic or passionate manner - that usually guarantees an R rating right there.

I will say though that to me this does explain the odd and choppy editing choices around the finale though. If the scenes they had made of Beorn fighting were too graphic and got their PG-13 taken away it seems like they just didn't have enough time to change them or re-film them and so simply took them out. I still think this could have been handled much better but at least it explains the baffling 6-second cameo Beorn had.

Eruonen
Half-elven

Aug 5 2015, 2:54pm

Post #43 of 74 (1745 views)
Shortcut
At least it wasn't rated M or NC17 because then we would know [In reply to] Can't Post

that the Kili / Tauriel scenes were more "extensive." ;)

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 3:47pm

Post #44 of 74 (1702 views)
Shortcut
Surprisingly... [In reply to] Can't Post

Jurassic World is rated PG-13. http://m.imdb.com/...de?ref_=m_tt_stry_pg

Now I haven't seen Jurassic World - though I have seen Jurassic Park - but based on this parent preview IMO it probably should've been rated R. http://parentpreviews.com/...-info/jurassic-world

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Aug 5 2015, 4:11pm

Post #45 of 74 (1639 views)
Shortcut
Just wondering... [In reply to] Can't Post

that Botfa was essentially not much more than an action film, and that it was lacking those character, quiet moments which were the strong point of Rotk, ( not only Pelennor Fields, evidently).

Therefore, we are talking about a TE lacking so many things to be added with the only thing it possesses: fights, to be made more gruesome, Alfrid's deathCrazyCrazyLaughLaugh, as if Alfrid had not graced the screen enough...

We are still talking about Fili's beheading (pointless cruelty), or how much blood we should see as he dies.

I truly hope that there will be a theatre in my town or nearby showing Botfa EE but... my hopes to see something more are wearing thin.
Very saddened.Evil

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 4:59pm

Post #46 of 74 (1602 views)
Shortcut
This is good news [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm pleased to see more fighting scenes will be included - this was something I loved about the ROTK EE.

I wonder what the UK rating is, since it often varies. FOTR got a PG rating here (lower than the 12A the rest of them have) and its the scariest film of them all!

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 5:07pm

Post #47 of 74 (1594 views)
Shortcut
Here's PJ explaining some things [In reply to] Can't Post

What would you have done if you had the R rating

Oh all sorts of great things. I will tell you what, you wait for the extended cut of this film. There are a few Orc killings that we actually got knocked back. Because when we submitted this to the MPAA we got an R. So what you’re seeing is the result of heavy editing to even just get the PG-13. But there will be a little bit of Orc killing to be seen in the extended cut

http://www.thedailybeast.com/...to-middle-earth.html

Glorfindela
Valinor

Aug 5 2015, 5:17pm

Post #48 of 74 (1574 views)
Shortcut
Ugh, agree [In reply to] Can't Post

Agree totally with this. If that's the way it's going to go, it will leave me even further behind. (:

In Reply To
This movie didn't need more violence. It needed more character moments, which have been the best things about all the EEs, including LotR.

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 5 2015, 5:26pm

Post #49 of 74 (1563 views)
Shortcut
what about the profanities? - nudity? [In reply to] Can't Post

are we going to see some bad words in the EE?

Are we going to see nudity? Hahahah LOL this is kind of weird, Tauriel.... Evil

Sorry.

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 5 2015, 5:31pm

Post #50 of 74 (1553 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

There's already nudity in AUJ EE, and that wasn't rated R.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.