Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Aug 5 2015, 12:47pm

Post #3 of 116 (6076 views)
Shortcut
That's... really disappointing. [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsure

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Thrain II
Lorien

Aug 5 2015, 12:58pm

Post #4 of 116 (6056 views)
Shortcut
WHAT? 19 minutes??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe it's true! PJ said around 30 minutes, and PB said around 25, so this is really disappointing if true.

Dipling
Lorien

Aug 5 2015, 1:14pm

Post #5 of 116 (6001 views)
Shortcut
What? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.slashfilm.com/...gy-extended-edition/

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Aug 5 2015, 1:17pm

Post #6 of 116 (5984 views)
Shortcut
That's article's just guessing, based on PJ's previous comments.// [In reply to] Can't Post

//

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 5 2015, 1:40pm

Post #7 of 116 (5909 views)
Shortcut
Oh dear [In reply to] Can't Post

This is incredibly disappointing. I was expecting a minimum of 25 minutes. Why not go all out? And why even mention possible run-times in the first place?

bungobaggins
Lorien

Aug 5 2015, 2:05pm

Post #8 of 116 (5845 views)
Shortcut
An R rating and less extra material [In reply to] Can't Post

than you were expecting.

Behold, the emperor's new clothes!

Think about that, though. Say it to yourself in your head a few times, and then aloud, in front of a mirror or to a friend: "A film adaptation of a children's story is going to be rated R. A film adaptation that purported to be a faithful to the source materials from conception would be unviewable by children in an American cinema unless they were accompanied by an adult."

Think about that.

brotherbeck
Rivendell

Aug 5 2015, 2:06pm

Post #9 of 116 (5836 views)
Shortcut
Utterly Disappointed [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow. If that is true that is completely and utterly disappointing. Especially with the way PJ tends to make scenes that just doesn't seem to be enough time to inject enough of the character scenes and heart that would really hold the movie together. I am still holding out hope, because a scene like the acorn scene does not take up much actual screen time but adds so much to the film - 19 minutes of scenes like that would be glorious.

This continues a very disheartening trend where as this trilogy has gone along it seems like I completely disagree with almost every major creative decision they have made with these films. The most glaring example from this last film is the decision to give it a breakneck pace - I honestly believe that killed the movie and removed most of the crucially important bits, the character moments that really draw you in and allow you to fall in love with the story. When I try and watch it feels like a much longer film that has been brutally hacked down for time constraints with little regard for story, as they often used to do when airing a film on TV. 19 minutes doesn't seem like enough time to fix this.

emanmefan
The Shire

Aug 5 2015, 2:37pm

Post #10 of 116 (5739 views)
Shortcut
Well this finally broke the pattern I guess. [In reply to] Can't Post

Every EE for both LOTR and The Hobbit have had increasing amounts of extra material and overall runtime. This one has less added material than DOS EE, and a much shorter overall runtime as well.
Plus, this is the first Middle Earth movie to be rated R, and while I was getting excited about that, this only 19 extra minutes thing is really bothering me now. All I wanted was at least more extra material than DOS, like 30 minutes as PJ once said, and I would have been completely satisfied.

MechaGodzilla
Rivendell

Aug 5 2015, 2:49pm

Post #11 of 116 (5694 views)
Shortcut
My initial reaction was one of disappointment, however... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think 30 minutes of additional footage could still be true, however some of that footage may be replacing stuff from the theatrical cut. Or Jackson's simply removing stuff he wasn't happy with in the theatrical (remember he apparently wasn't completely satisfied with the way it turned out and may be looking to fix it). We'll see...

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 2:50pm

Post #12 of 116 (5687 views)
Shortcut
So, by the time the EE comes out, [In reply to] Can't Post

we'll have waited almost a year for just 19 extra minutes.

I was hoping for at least half an hour.

From the makers of 'The Lord of the Rings' comes the sequel to Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy -
'The War in the North, Part I : The Sword in the Tomb'.

PredatoR
Bree

Aug 5 2015, 3:12pm

Post #13 of 116 (5621 views)
Shortcut
too bad [In reply to] Can't Post

That is the biggest disappointment which I ever faced in this year. There can be only one explanation for that. He saves some scenes for an ultimate cut which may come with LOTR after a couple of years.

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 5 2015, 3:25pm

Post #14 of 116 (5560 views)
Shortcut
YES [In reply to] Can't Post

and we will have also new deleted scenes with Thranduil SmileEvilSlyHeart

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Bree

Aug 5 2015, 3:35pm

Post #15 of 116 (5526 views)
Shortcut
disappointing [In reply to] Can't Post

that's really disappointing.

how about we go and flood PJ's Facebook page demanding he add more scenes? I mean it

PredatoR
Bree

Aug 5 2015, 3:44pm

Post #16 of 116 (5490 views)
Shortcut
we need more [In reply to] Can't Post

Better to demand for an Ultimate cut for 6 films :)

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 5 2015, 3:44pm

Post #17 of 116 (5487 views)
Shortcut
YES [In reply to] Can't Post

we hate PJ

but he make movies in middearth

so we love PJ

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 4:07pm

Post #18 of 116 (5405 views)
Shortcut
I hope you're right... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I think 30 minutes of additional footage could still be true, however some of that footage may be replacing stuff from the theatrical cut. Or Jackson's simply removing stuff he wasn't happy with in the theatrical (remember he apparently wasn't completely satisfied with the way it turned out and may be looking to fix it). We'll see...

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 5 2015, 4:12pm

Post #19 of 116 (5376 views)
Shortcut
I really hope... [In reply to] Can't Post

this is some kind of mistake. I can accept the R rating, but only 19 extra minutes...so disappointing. Has WB said any thing about the runtime?

gliido
Bree

Aug 5 2015, 4:18pm

Post #20 of 116 (5354 views)
Shortcut
19 minutes longer =/= Only 19 minutes of NEW footage [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

THIS. I have a feeling that there is going to be more than 19 minutes of NEW footage. I could easily see alternate takes/scenes replacing those used in the theatrical version.

Bree

Aug 5 2015, 4:22pm

Post #21 of 116 (5328 views)
Shortcut
does [In reply to] Can't Post

does Peter Jackson ever respond to fans on Facebook or a Twitter account if he has one? Maybe then someone can just ask him why it seems there won't be 30 minutes of footage

joec_34
Rivendell

Aug 5 2015, 4:30pm

Post #22 of 116 (5293 views)
Shortcut
Hope [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you're right on that 19 minutes of awesome character scenes could be glorious. Heck, that one short scene between Bilbo & Elrond made a huge difference to me in the AUJ EE. All I hope for is a few more character bits, some more Beorn trampling orcs, and a bit of a funeral.
I keep telling myself: be happy that I got 19 more minutes of Middle Earth, be happy that I got any Hobbit movies at all. If I want (near) perfection, I must pick up a book.

"Happy painting and God bless, my friend." - Bob Ross

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 5 2015, 4:30pm

Post #23 of 116 (5299 views)
Shortcut
I don't think this is correct [In reply to] Can't Post

Everything else I've read said 174 minutes, which is exactly 30 minutes longer.

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

TiberiusOgden
Bree

Aug 5 2015, 4:37pm

Post #24 of 116 (5264 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Everything else I've read said 174 minutes, which is exactly 30 minutes longer.

Are you able to add some reliable sources?
I think that we should work with more and different sources and compare them.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 5 2015, 4:37pm

Post #25 of 116 (5264 views)
Shortcut
Here's a link to another report of 30 minutes [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/...editions-time-463931
Everybody relax.

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

(This post was edited by Kilidoescartwheels on Aug 5 2015, 4:38pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.