The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Title contest LXVII

sador
Half-elven

Aug 4 2015, 1:36pm

Post #1 of 21 (4591 views)
Shortcut
Title contest LXVII Can't Post

I was quite taken by surprise, when my offering of "Portrait as Beethoven taking a selfie" was declared winner by Ataahua.
But according to the ancient and just rules laid by BlackFox, it is now my turn to present you with a new image for titling.
Four hobbis, two carrots and a cabbage. Out of which, only one has any real reason for concern (full-sized image here).

What say you?

Frodo Baggins
Bree

Aug 4 2015, 6:05pm

Post #2 of 21 (4481 views)
Shortcut
"Oh my god is that really Farmer Maggot pole dancing?!?!?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 4 2015, 6:23pm

Post #3 of 21 (4479 views)
Shortcut
The iconic "Spielberg Face" from the upcoming "Jurassic Shire". / [In reply to] Can't Post

Mathom House Bestsellers:

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in the Pits of Orthanc

Zen and the Art of Cockle Boat Maintenance

Fifty Shades of Gandalf the Grey

Coney Stew for the Soul

Rhosgobel Rabbits - Unsafe At Any Speed

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 4 2015, 7:10pm

Post #4 of 21 (4470 views)
Shortcut
"Are those SHOES!!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 4 2015, 9:49pm

Post #5 of 21 (4460 views)
Shortcut
Frodo wondered if he could swipe the carrots while everyone else's attention was on Farmer Maggot's dogs. / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Meneldor
Valinor

Aug 4 2015, 10:44pm

Post #6 of 21 (4454 views)
Shortcut
Objects in Shire are closer than they appear // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Aug 5 2015, 2:30am

Post #7 of 21 (4445 views)
Shortcut
Frodo: I could have had a V-8. // [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Half-elven

Aug 5 2015, 9:08am

Post #8 of 21 (4420 views)
Shortcut
What's that?? The long-awaited Hobbit dwarf calendar finally went to print?! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Aug 5 2015, 1:54pm

Post #9 of 21 (4398 views)
Shortcut
The travelers are stunned to see young Chanterelle Maggot skinny-dipping. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Boromir looked in surprise at Bilbo, but the laughter died on his lips when he saw that all the others regarded the old hobbit with grave respect. Only Glóin smiled, but his smile came from old memories.
-JRR Tolkien

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 5 2015, 3:09pm

Post #10 of 21 (4387 views)
Shortcut
Frodo (to himself): "It's true, just like Gandalf warned me. They really do share one brain." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kim
Valinor

Aug 6 2015, 4:50am

Post #11 of 21 (4345 views)
Shortcut
Wait, what?! [In reply to] Can't Post

ShockedLaugh

cats16
Half-elven

Aug 6 2015, 5:02am

Post #12 of 21 (4340 views)
Shortcut
*grabs fan and hands to Kim* // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Kim
Valinor

Aug 6 2015, 5:04am

Post #13 of 21 (4339 views)
Shortcut
Thanks muchly! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 6 2015, 7:32pm

Post #14 of 21 (4292 views)
Shortcut
*snort* :D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua's stories

CuriousG
Half-elven

Aug 7 2015, 1:13am

Post #15 of 21 (4279 views)
Shortcut
The hobbits tried to discourage Farmer Maggot from investigating further by [In reply to] Can't Post

simulating much heavy breathing in the bushes.

Either that, or:

"It's a little-known fact that hobbits leave their mouths open as insect traps to garnish a dinner salad with protein."

dormouse
Half-elven

Aug 7 2015, 10:34pm

Post #16 of 21 (4231 views)
Shortcut
Frodo realises that Merry's fingers are turning into carrots.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and wonders where it will end

sador
Half-elven

Aug 9 2015, 8:15am

Post #17 of 21 (4177 views)
Shortcut
Was that a response [In reply to] Can't Post

to Maggott's calling: "Shoo off!"?

sador
Half-elven

Aug 9 2015, 8:18am

Post #18 of 21 (4191 views)
Shortcut
Winner! But perhaps for the wrong reason... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was looking at the responses, and trying to make up my mind which was best - but whenever I looked at yours I was reminded of http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=459462#459462.

Congragulations, SirDennis, and looking forward to see your choice!

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Aug 12 2015, 3:40pm

Post #19 of 21 (4105 views)
Shortcut
What the? [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean thanks! I was wondering how portable the phrase is given it's a slogan for a North American vegetable cocktail brand.

Then again you did reference a post by the ubiquitous dernwyn.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 13 2015, 4:15pm

Post #20 of 21 (4051 views)
Shortcut
Who, me? Nah. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm never around, never know what's going on...

Wink

What's truly amazing is how well BotR has held up over the years. And V-8. (Have you tried the new fruity kinds?)

(And I keep thinking I've got to chime in on these caption threads, but then start laughing so much as what's been written that I forget to try to come up with my own...like "Frodo realizes that Sam's the most intelligent of them all, since two heads are better than one". Right, that was bad...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Aug 14 2015, 12:08am

Post #21 of 21 (4030 views)
Shortcut
Two heads? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh!

* is startled by a bunny hopping through the yard just now *

Oh! Now I get it! Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.