Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
they should give the extended version a limited IMAX/large screen release

Bree

Aug 4 2015, 4:27am

Post #1 of 10 (4597 views)
Shortcut
they should give the extended version a limited IMAX/large screen release Can't Post

they really should. Especially since this might be the last movie.
And the fact that this EE is the first that might be the one to be considered the actual complete movie. Maybe someone should start a petition.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2015, 4:36am

Post #2 of 10 (4570 views)
Shortcut
To your latter point, I actually feel that way about all of the Hobbit films.// [In reply to] Can't Post

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 4 2015, 5:22am

Post #3 of 10 (4550 views)
Shortcut
What about this [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2015/08/03/98908-hobbit-extended-edition-trilogy-in-theaters-this-october/

October!!!

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Bree

Aug 4 2015, 5:30am

Post #4 of 10 (4538 views)
Shortcut
interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2015/08/03/98908-hobbit-extended-edition-trilogy-in-theaters-this-october/

October!!!

whoa! However, this looks like just a one time thing instead of many showings. Also, how many theaters are playing this? Probably not many. I would prefer if they just give the third EE an IMAX one week release or something

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2015, 5:42am

Post #5 of 10 (4530 views)
Shortcut
I've had more luck with Fathom Events screenings than IMAX exclusives... [In reply to] Can't Post

Both my AMC and Regal theaters always get the Fathom Events showings, while IMAX exclusives (like the Game of Thrones week long engagement they had earlier this year) don't usually come to any IMAX theaters near me.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Aug 4 2015, 5:43am)

Bofur01
Lorien

Aug 4 2015, 6:59am

Post #6 of 10 (4479 views)
Shortcut
But the UK is being left out??! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ilmatar
Rohan

Aug 4 2015, 7:46am

Post #7 of 10 (4439 views)
Shortcut
So it seems... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Never mind the rest of the world. Frown I'm disappointed but not exactly surprised that any special showings should be USA-centric, regardless of a global fan base and the notable number of tickets sold in other countries.

adt100
Rohan

Aug 4 2015, 8:41am

Post #8 of 10 (4398 views)
Shortcut
The best chance in the UK would be for a boutique chain like Everyman to get involved... [In reply to] Can't Post

They tend to put 'special events' on throughout the year and things like live broadcast of west end performances from time to time. I may email them! I think the big chains aren't as likely to disrupt their regular schedule of blockbuster for this kind of thing.

mulubinba
Rivendell

Aug 4 2015, 10:14am

Post #9 of 10 (4332 views)
Shortcut
I concur ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but I guess it depends on whether there is a distributor willing to screen these in our respective countries.

Eruonen
Half-elven

Aug 4 2015, 2:38pm

Post #10 of 10 (4200 views)
Shortcut
That is before the official release of BOFA EE. [In reply to] Can't Post

It will be like a premier night for that film.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.