The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Azog and Bolg at the fields

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 3 2015, 11:10pm

Post #1 of 7 (735 views)
Shortcut
Azog and Bolg at the fields Can't Post

Firstly, I love this scene. Azog is so awesome here and the Orkish/Black speech is very good. I also love the grey clouds, not black as Mordor, but grey and melancolic Laugh

I have some little questions:

1. Where are they?
  2. Why Bolg mentioned Tauriel (she-elf) and Legolas (king's son) to Azog? Why they would matter to the Pale Orc?
  3. Why Azog said Leggy and Taury will come with a army of elves at their backs? They did not it!

(sorry for the terrible english, I preffer orkish/black speech)

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 3 2015, 11:23pm

Post #2 of 7 (712 views)
Shortcut
Take a look [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFE6E9qAtuw

LOve how Azog looks a daddy and Bolg a big teen boy Sly

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Aug 3 2015, 11:30pm

Post #3 of 7 (704 views)
Shortcut
Hi DainPig [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I'm not exactly sure of where they are, but in The DOS, Azog was leaving Dol Guldor, so it's probably somewhere in between Dol Guldor and Erebor.(It does look somewhat like Mordor doesn't it?)Wink

Well, maybe telling Azog that two higher ranking elves were coming after him would save him from a little shock if the elves went and told Thranduil and then were ambushed by a army of elves!

and as I mentioned before, maybe expecting something such as a ambush of elves would save them from shock and give them time to prepare for a ambush!

(And I think your English is fine!Smile)

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 3 2015, 11:33pm

Post #4 of 7 (702 views)
Shortcut
Here's the point! [In reply to] Can't Post

This don't happened! Tauriel and Legolas did not tell to Thranduil about the orcs.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Aug 3 2015, 11:38pm

Post #5 of 7 (693 views)
Shortcut
No, [In reply to] Can't Post

But Legolas did tell Gandalf about Bolg coming from Gundabad, which is where the rest of the reinforcements were coming from.

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 3 2015, 11:44pm

Post #6 of 7 (684 views)
Shortcut
So [In reply to] Can't Post

why Legolas did no tell about Bolg to his father Thranduil?

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Aug 3 2015, 11:57pm

Post #7 of 7 (673 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

Part of that could be meant for the EE or it's seems that Legolas didn't have time.

In the end of DOS, Legolas is pursuing Bolg, and that is the last of you see of him in that film, but in the beginning of BOFA, he's on the Shores of Long Lake.
I think he was trying to pursue Bolg, but then he heard of the outburst from the mountain and he watched as Smaug attacked Laketown. And since Tauriel was there and she was his friend(and he did have some feelings for her.) he wanted to see if she survived.

After he was reunited with Tauriel after the havoc, he gets news from the Woodland Realm that Tauriel was banished. He probably, out of anger decided to take matters in his own hands, knowing that he had to investigate Bolg's mission. And seeming to know that Gundabad was a old stronghold for the enemy, he went there. And after, he got there after the battle had started and told Gandalf, because when he was reunited with his father, he was angered by him.

So, I guess, the reason Legolas didn't tell his father, was because he felt that he didn't have time and had to take matters into his own hands and quickly. As he told Bard, that he knew many would come to try to reclaim Erebor. Hope that helps!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.