The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
AshNazg

mirkwoodwanderer
Lorien

Aug 3 2015, 10:40pm

Post #1 of 21 (2109 views)
Shortcut
AshNazg Can't Post

AshNazg told us a couple of days ago 4 august is an important day with imporant news about the Hobbit.. Today is that day. .. and we can not wait

AshNazg
Gondor

Aug 3 2015, 10:54pm

Post #2 of 21 (2033 views)
Shortcut
The clip is expected later today... [In reply to] Can't Post

On Yahoo, but the clip comes with an article. If for whatever reason the article is not approved, is late or needs editing then we may have to wait until Friday. But it's unlikely that such a short article will require much editing or would cause so much delay.

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 3 2015, 11:00pm

Post #3 of 21 (2021 views)
Shortcut
And I told it will be release 10 august [In reply to] Can't Post

.... we yet have time....

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 4 2015, 10:58am

Post #4 of 21 (1775 views)
Shortcut
Hard to say with Warner [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought it would be today, about the same time as last year, but the past two Yahoo articles/press releases have been released earlier in the day than this. Warner have announced most of their October titles now, and there's even press material for a 25th Anniversary Edition of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Blu-ray on their site, which is coming 1st December. So really it should be any time now, but we also have to bear in mind that this EE is coming out a week or so later than previous ones.

(This post was edited by Shagrat on Aug 4 2015, 11:00am)

David44
The Shire

Aug 4 2015, 12:36pm

Post #5 of 21 (1720 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

So can you tell us what will be in this clip ? Wink

AshNazg
Gondor

Aug 4 2015, 10:15pm

Post #6 of 21 (1546 views)
Shortcut
If it's out today, it should be in about three hours... [In reply to] Can't Post

Around 6pm PT (that's 2am in the UK)

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Aug 4 2015, 10:18pm)

AshNazg
Gondor

Aug 4 2015, 10:22pm

Post #7 of 21 (1539 views)
Shortcut
No idea... [In reply to] Can't Post

No idea what the clip is. I only know the publishing plans. Because this is a commercial piece, and low priority, it's very easy for it to be put-off or delayed, but if everything goes smoothly we should see it in a few hours.

If it needs much editing (unlikely) we'll have to wait until Friday, because Yahoo is very busy focusing on other stuff.

David44
The Shire

Aug 5 2015, 1:09am

Post #8 of 21 (1484 views)
Shortcut
Still Nothing [In reply to] Can't Post

Can you tell your yahoo friends that they are some fans waiting ?

David44
The Shire

Aug 5 2015, 2:07pm

Post #9 of 21 (1392 views)
Shortcut
So we have to wait until friday ? [In reply to] Can't Post

:(

Númenórean
The Shire

Aug 5 2015, 8:24pm

Post #10 of 21 (1351 views)
Shortcut
"today", ah? [In reply to] Can't Post

David44
The Shire

Aug 5 2015, 10:18pm

Post #11 of 21 (1308 views)
Shortcut
Can we expect something [In reply to] Can't Post

In the next 3 hours ?

David44
The Shire

Aug 6 2015, 1:15am

Post #12 of 21 (1283 views)
Shortcut
Are you just lying [In reply to] Can't Post

and pretending you know some things ?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 6 2015, 1:33pm

Post #13 of 21 (1226 views)
Shortcut
Rude much? [In reply to] Can't Post

You are rather rude, considering that AshNazg has stated that the announcement could be made as late as Friday. Learn to have some patience.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Aug 6 2015, 1:33pm)

AshNazg
Gondor

Aug 6 2015, 1:43pm

Post #14 of 21 (1223 views)
Shortcut
It's not a coincidence that the EE news is everywhere... [In reply to] Can't Post

The R rating, the running time and the news of a theatrical release have been on news sites everywhere since the 4th.

It's also not a coincidence that literally the only movie website that has not published anything about this info is Yahoo. I know the article has been written and was supposed to be up on Tuesday (before all these details leaked). I don't know why it's not been published, that's down to Yahoo. Maybe they held back because their exclusive info got leaked before they could publish it. Or maybe there was a hiccup and they had to delay it for Friday.

Sorry for getting hopes up, I was told it was very unlikely for there to be a delay for such a short article. Mad

David44
The Shire

Aug 6 2015, 1:48pm

Post #15 of 21 (1219 views)
Shortcut
I am sorry as well [In reply to] Can't Post

But the excitment is to high on this one

David44
The Shire

Aug 6 2015, 2:00pm

Post #16 of 21 (1208 views)
Shortcut
So it is friday for sure ? [In reply to] Can't Post

If it's not i won't blame you Angelic

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 6 2015, 11:31pm

Post #17 of 21 (1144 views)
Shortcut
Hey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you know if tomorrow, Friday, looks good for the press release? Like everyone, I'm clamoring for something official. Thanks!!!

AshNazg
Gondor

Aug 6 2015, 11:43pm

Post #18 of 21 (1140 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully tomorrow... [In reply to] Can't Post

Depends why it was delayed, I guess.

I got told, while it was being written, that it would be sent on to the editor by the 4th. They said there'd be a "special surprise" in the article, which I'm guessing was the theatrical release news, and they said if the article's delayed it'll be out on Friday, so I'm guessing (or hoping) that's what's happened. They wouldn't tell me what the clip involved, just that it was a "cool clip".

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 6 2015, 11:44pm

Post #19 of 21 (1137 views)
Shortcut
Ah okay... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the update! Sounds like we should expect it tomorrow!

Númenórean
The Shire

Aug 6 2015, 11:47pm

Post #20 of 21 (1132 views)
Shortcut
¿? [In reply to] Can't Post

What is your "role" within 'Yahoo Movies'?

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 7 2015, 7:54pm

Post #21 of 21 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Any word from your source? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey AshNazg, any word from your source on the article/clip? Probably looks like it isn't coming this week right? Thanks again for your input/updates!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.