The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Has anyone seen this?

JamesPaganini
Rivendell

Aug 3 2015, 7:25pm

Post #1 of 7 (1318 views)
Shortcut
Has anyone seen this? Can't Post

http://www.farawayentertainment.com/show/the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-extended-edition/

Also note the date, October 13th, which means if this is true then we could be getting the extended edition way earlier than November.

Not all those who wander are Lost

Darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.

AshNazg
Gondor

Aug 3 2015, 7:37pm

Post #2 of 7 (1247 views)
Shortcut
The previous EEs were available for download early... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the EEs were available for download in October and on DVD/Blu-ray in November. So we won't really be getting it any earlier, but it's cool to see it's getting a theatrical release, even if it's very limited.

Is there confirmation that the EE will be released on DVD at all? WB have stopped making special edition and re-release DVDs (favoring Blu-ray and downloads) and I'm not sure if The Hobbit is an exception to that.

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Aug 3 2015, 7:37pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 3 2015, 7:51pm

Post #3 of 7 (1219 views)
Shortcut
Nice find [In reply to] Can't Post

And clever of WB - e.g., before the Star Wars frenzy swamps everything - and I am not saying there's anything wrong with doing good business.

Lots of questions - does this mean other theater chains will be doing the same, round the U.S. and rest of the world? Or is this just some (possibly) muddled language, where the EEs of AUJ and DOS get shown, but not BOFA?

Will other theaters possibly opt for marathon events instead of showing the films over 3 days? If it really is the BOFA EE, does a theater showing have anything to do with a DVD release date - especially if the DVD and BR releases also have to coordinate with manufacturing and packaging possible collectibles? Unsure

PryftanAW
Bree

Aug 3 2015, 7:56pm

Post #4 of 7 (1219 views)
Shortcut
AMC Theatres says October 13, too [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.amctheatres.com/...ies-extended-edition

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 3 2015, 8:26pm

Post #5 of 7 (1159 views)
Shortcut
oh my.... [In reply to] Can't Post

To go, or not to go, but if I don't go, I'll have to embargo myself, but then again, I wanna know re the EE what I am gettingCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazy

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 3 2015, 9:23pm

Post #6 of 7 (1055 views)
Shortcut
Heck Yeah I'm going!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

This Kili will be doing Cartwheels all the way to the theater!!!

Du Bekarrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 3 2015, 9:24pm

Post #7 of 7 (1054 views)
Shortcut
I'm in class that night [In reply to] Can't Post

Guess I'll have to skip itWink

Yea, I want to see my beloved Heirs of Durin die on the big screen in 3DHD one last time - I must be sick or somethingUnsure

Oh that's right, it's actually the Hair of Durins!EvilHeart

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

(This post was edited by Kilidoescartwheels on Aug 3 2015, 9:30pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.