The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
emotional and beautiful scenes

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 2 2015, 2:08am

Post #1 of 5 (1451 views)
Shortcut
emotional and beautiful scenes Can't Post

I am not the kind of people who cries over the screen when something sad happened, but I have a great "emotion touch." And watching The Hobbit you have always scenes to cry Evil!

Of course, the entire prologue of AUJ is very touching. When the title appears and old Bilbo says "my dear Frodo"... HeartHeart

To me, one of the most emotional scenes is when Gandalf is talking to Bilbo "you will have a tale or two to tell when you come back" remember so much the final of the trilogy when the hobbit comes back to his house. Oh, and during this scene, a sad music called "Dreaming of Bag End" is playing.... so beautiful Evil

There are too many emotional scenes during the movies (epic and lovely movies) and I can not enumarate all of them. Thorin huging Bilbo, Bilbo and the butterflies in Mirkwood (BEAUTIFUL MUSICHeart) Bard trying to kill Smaug and "look at me, son". And the ENTIRE third movie is COMPLETLY touching to me, and Thorin's death is very special.

Thorin's last words are very sad.... he speak something very very strong, not just about Middle earth, but about OUR OWN WORLD....

And, of course, I can not lef out the return journey and Bilbo's farewells...

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Thrain II
Lorien

Aug 2 2015, 1:31pm

Post #2 of 5 (1268 views)
Shortcut
For me [In reply to] Can't Post

in AUJ: When Thorin's company sing Misty Mountains song, when Gandalf gives Sting to Bilbo, in Rivendell when he talks with Galadriel why he chose Bilbo, when Bilbo decides to spare Gollum's life and when Eagles come to the rescue at the end of the movie.

In DOS when dwarves open the secret door to Erebor, and in BOFA when Thorin says his last goodbye to Bilbo.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 2 2015, 1:49pm

Post #3 of 5 (1246 views)
Shortcut
I have several [In reply to] Can't Post

Here they are in order as they appear in the films.

The prologue of AUJ, specifically Smaug's attack and young Thorin watching his grandfather fall to the dragon-sickness. Bilbo's narration alone is moving, and is easily some of my favorite dialogues from the films.

The Eagles...need I say more.

Gandalf to Bilbo: True courage isn't knowing when to take a life, but when to spare one. Some of the most powerful words spoken in all six films.

To add to the above...the moment Bilbo takes pity on Gollum. No words are spoken, it's all in the eyes. Plus, Gollum alone is rather emotional.

Tauriel: I have seen the world fall away and the white light of forever fill the air. There is something moving about this line. I don't know why (so please don't ask) and I realize the meaning behind Tauriel's words and Gandalf's words may not be the same, but for some reason it reminds me of the moment in ROTK when Gandalf describes death to Pippin, in re to: The grey rain curtain of the world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass....

Fili: I belong with my brother. This whole scene is touching, but those five simple words are proof you don't need to say a lot to make an impact.

Smaug's attack on Lake-town

The Iron Hill dwarves going head on to face down the Orc army.

When Thorin and Company emerge from The Mountain

Fili's death scene. It was shocking, heartbreaking (and I'm not just referring to the fact he was ignored in the aftermath), and out of all three deaths it stayed with me long after the film was over.

The pain and anger in Thorin's eyes as he watches Azog dies. It's as if he's saying "I made this mistake once...it cost me, and I won't make it again."

Thorin's death. His final moment and last words to Bilbo are bittersweet. To add to it when he does pass and then Bilbo says, "Look, Thorin the Eagles. The Eagles are here." Oh, my heart aches.

Bilbo's farewell to the Dwarves. Seeing the Dwarves, knowing three will forever be missing, is heartbreaking.

Last, when Bilbo returns to Bag End and finds his handkerchief. A small moment that speaks of something greater...Bilbo Baggins is not the same Hobbit he was before.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to roll up in a corner and cry.

Kim
Valinor

Aug 2 2015, 8:11pm

Post #4 of 5 (1099 views)
Shortcut
There are so many [In reply to] Can't Post

I am one of those people who cries at sad or emotional scenes in movies, and these certainly had more than their fair share. My favorites are:

AUJ:
When the dwarves sing the Misty Mountains Song - this was the first moment in the original trailer that grabbed me and got me excited for the movie, and when I finally saw it in the context of the entire movie, just loved it. I watched it over and over and just never got tired of it - such a great contrast after the antics of the Blunt the Knives song.
In the EE extra scene, when Bilbo and Thorin overhear Elrond commenting about whether Thorin would succumb to the dragon sickness, the look on Thorin's face is just so sad, and even more so in context of the trilogy now.
Gandalf and Galadriel - you really see their connection and friendship.
The eagles, and the hug at the end. Evil

DOS:
Thorin vs. Thranduil, especially Thorin's heated response and finally being able to tell Thranduil what he thinks of him.
In the EE extra scene, Bilbo vouching for Thorin, and Thorin's reaction.
Thorin opening the door to Erebor and returning to his home. Both his and Balin's reactions were so subtle yet powerful.

BOFA:
Bard's "you look at me"
The acorn scene - it was so unexpected and sweet, and Thorin's response and Bilbo's answering smile were so touching, then it quickly changed when Dwalin came in. And then Balin's reaction at realizing Thorin has the dragon sickness.
OK, not a "favorite", but there's no denying Thorin's final scene packs an emotional punch. So much so that I can't watch it anymore. Unsure
Bilbo saying goodbye and returning to his home.

Think I'll join lionoferebor in that corner now.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 2 2015, 8:18pm

Post #5 of 5 (1095 views)
Shortcut
emotional scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

Most of them are in BOT5A, but I agree that Thorin singing in Bag End is pretty emotional. Also when Thorin jumps up on the rock and waits for all his company to get to safety before he jumps down, certainly not a teary-eyed moment but one that has stayed with me since I first saw it.

DOS is so action-packed I can't really think of any - Bilbo with the butterflies was very nice, but not so emotional to me. Fili standing up to Thorin, refusing to go without his brother is a pretty powerful scene, but I think the one that is the most emotional for me is right at the end, when Thorin realizes his plan to kill Smaug didn't work - and of course Bilbo asking "What have we done?"

And then there's BOT5A, with the big three deaths - nothing's going to top that! And one more, the look on Thranduil's face when he realizes he's lost his son Legolas. Not that Legolas died, but that he's leaving. Thranduil says goodbye & looks so broken - Lee Pace is a great actor! Bilbo looking so shellshocked sitting next to Gandalf, I feel it even if I don't cry over that. And finally at Bag End when the auctioneer asks "Who is this person you pledged your service to, Thorin Oakenshield?" And Bilbo says "He was my friend." Oh, the feels!UnsureUnsureUnsure

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.