Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
My LOTR inspired music video

Egmond

Aug 1 2015, 5:49am

Post #1 of 4 (1341 views)
Shortcut
My LOTR inspired music video Can't Post

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, been a fan of TOR.N since TFOTR came out, but never joined. Have loved LOTR and TH since I was 16 and it's been a great inspiration in my own writing and music. So as a little homage to the end credits of each of the final film of the trilogies, I have released my new single called "Verslaaf" - it means "Addicted". The lyrics itself is about somebody being in love - so badly that he is addicted to the other person like Gollum was to the ring. There are a lot of references to LOTR in there, and I made sure they stood out here and there. If anybody wants me to post the translation of the lyrics here, I'll gladly post it. The song is sung by myself in Afrikaans. Hope you like my LOTR inspired video clip. Take care! Namárie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHGG1r5zD20

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Aug 1 2015, 8:35am

Post #2 of 4 (1326 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to the forum Egmond [In reply to] Can't Post

Great song.Smile

Egmond

Aug 1 2015, 8:51am

Post #3 of 4 (1322 views)
Shortcut
Appreciate it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a millionWink

Egmond

Jan 5 2016, 11:03am

Post #4 of 4 (804 views)
Shortcut
Music video updated [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful festive season. Since my last post, I have completed the music video as an homage to the LOTR/HBT films. It's actually quite funny moving on from the first chorus - there is an end credits that's actually the song's lyrics. Also, I did the same "black & white drawing" in the same style as the main cast's pictures that appeared in the final film of each trilogy. These pictures actually represent the 7 singles that were released from the same album to which this song belongs, and they've been made "main characters" in this clip. It's just a fun little clip with heavy inspiration from these 6 masterpieces. Of course, the lyrics also has references to JRR Tolkien's wonderful world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0tz_MVYSyU
Take care!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.