The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
the Weta Chronicles

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Jul 31 2015, 12:38pm

Post #1 of 9 (1525 views)
Shortcut
the Weta Chronicles Can't Post

Do you think they'll ever make books for the Lotr's like they did for the Hobbit trilogy?

I would think it would be so cool if they made Weta Chronicles books for the Lord of the Rings!Laugh

TheHutt
Gondor

Jul 31 2015, 5:04pm

Post #2 of 9 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Nope [In reply to] Can't Post

That ship has sailed.

You might want to get the art books by Gary Russell.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Jul 31 2015, 5:19pm

Post #3 of 9 (1350 views)
Shortcut
That's a shame, [In reply to] Can't Post

but ok! I've looked at the art books by Gary Russell and their very good! I was just hoping that they had books for the Lotr's the same as the Weta Chronicles because of all their beautiful props and photographs!

Thanks anyway!Evil

Bofur01
Lorien

Jul 31 2015, 6:08pm

Post #4 of 9 (1322 views)
Shortcut
Say what? [In reply to] Can't Post

From Daniel Falconer on The Flame of Udun forum:

"I would love to do Chronicles style books covering The Lord of the Rings and something that includes the amazing LOTR miniatures/bigatures would be very cool. There’s enough content that something like that could even be its own thing.

The concept is something that we have been discussing with the publishers and remains a distinct possibility. They are of the mind that we need to conclude the Chronicles as a series with the sixth book this November, so that is currently the plan, but that doesn’t mean we won’t be able to give The Lord of the Rings the Chronicles-style treatment under another name or slightly different format. Given the lead time we need on these kinds of books, if it happens it will be next year. Keep your fingers crossed for us! It’s probably the question I get asked most often and seeing how many have jumped in to support it in this thread already demonstrates to me that there is a tremendous appetite for books like this. I am as enthusiastic about it as you guys. I am very hopeful it will happen "

jschomburg
Rivendell

Jul 31 2015, 6:36pm

Post #5 of 9 (1301 views)
Shortcut
That would be Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would buy that book in a minute. Love his Hobbit books.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 31 2015, 7:44pm

Post #6 of 9 (1270 views)
Shortcut
Do not yet abandon all hope. [In reply to] Can't Post

See the post above from Bofur01.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jul 31 2015, 7:45pm)

Timdalf
Rivendell

Aug 2 2015, 11:27pm

Post #7 of 9 (983 views)
Shortcut
Richard Taylor indicated [In reply to] Can't Post

to me as well at Comic Con 2014 in NYC that they might be able to do this. So maybe we could get some publicity going on this -- like a main page article? and try and drum up support in the form of numbers willing to buy them. I can't imagine that everyone who bought the Hobbit Chronicles series would't easily go for an LotR Archives (or some such title) series.

(This post was edited by Timdalf on Aug 2 2015, 11:28pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 3 2015, 12:21am

Post #8 of 9 (958 views)
Shortcut
*rubs eyes* [In reply to] Can't Post

I read that as 'Richard Taylor indicted'.

Oops.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 3 2015, 12:33pm

Post #9 of 9 (912 views)
Shortcut
you didn't hear? [In reply to] Can't Post

News Update: Las Vegas, Nevada (U.S.A)

The recent indictment of Sir Richard Taylor, award winning creative director of New Zealand-based special effects company WETA Workshop, was summarily dismissed today with an effusive apology from the judge of the Las Vegas district court.

The decision received enthusiastic applause from the crowded courtroom.

Sir Richard Taylor had been indicted on charges of disorderly conduct and attempted assault, after an incident at the popular Las Vegas Comic Con. It was alleged that Sir Taylor, who has a reputation for a warm sense of humor and quote "the classiest guy you would ever want to meet" chased a number of "Con" attendees from the WETA booth with a movie prop crafted in the shape of a spear or large arrow.

"I am outraged by this travesty of justice" the judge told a courtroom packed with cinema fans, some sporting various costumes representing characters from the recent series of Hobbit films. "And the evidence fully demonstrates that a talented, creative, and courtly individual was pushed beyond the emotional limit of what even the most hardened of us could stand."

"Just look at this courtroom - women with fake beards, men in sparkly dresses - I know this is Vegas but enough already, we are supposed to be a family-friendly tourist destination. Never mind these crazed "fans" pushing a KNIGHT, mind you, that's SIR Richard, beyond the brink with their incessant pestering "to tell Peter Jackson we want more Fili" (and what is a "Fili" - all of them should be arrested!) and "we want the Sil!" and "why can't you make a 1/4 scale Smaug" and on and on."

Sir Richard Taylor was offered a luxurious suite at the Mandarin Oriental and numerous apologies on behalf of the city of Las Vegas, as well as $10,000 in free gaming credits.
LaughLaughLaughWinkWinkWink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.