The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
8 months after

KingTurgon
Rohan

Jul 30 2015, 5:31pm

Post #1 of 23 (4220 views)
Shortcut
8 months after Can't Post

and we are still here talking! Just wanted to give a post of appreciation to the crew here on TORn who has made following these movies so enjoyable. Thank you guys!

AshNazg
Gondor

Jul 30 2015, 10:35pm

Post #2 of 23 (3955 views)
Shortcut
Hear Hear! 4 August.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with KT, the community here, and especially the staff, are excellent. Much respect and a big thanks!

Just want to say, because it's not worth making a new thread about, there's some Hobbit news coming Tuesday 4 August (ish). And of course, YA know I won't say WHO the source is.

*quietly sneaks away*

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Jul 30 2015, 10:35pm)

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Jul 30 2015, 10:46pm

Post #3 of 23 (3940 views)
Shortcut
Really [In reply to] Can't Post

That is great news!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 30 2015, 10:51pm

Post #4 of 23 (3940 views)
Shortcut
I assumed as much... [In reply to] Can't Post

Last August Yahoo posted a clip from DoS EE and the year before that they posted an AUJ clip, in late July, so this sounds like a plausible date.

Wonder what it'll be.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 31 2015, 12:30am

Post #5 of 23 (3894 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Best ME site IMO in the U.S. anywayHeartHeartHeart.....

Alas, I don't have any *juicy news* to relayFrown which is one of the great things about TORn - its members, but I will probably post a tidbit in the Collecting Forum - so here, VERY briefly, I just noticed this week that the Funko POPs Legolas, Thorin and Bilbo are "retired".....

So guess what, your cute little investment has doubled/tripled/quadrupled in value - perhaps. So cherish your POPS the way you cherish TORn Cool

http://www.amazon.com/Funko-POP-Movies-The-Hobbit/dp/B008XEUXVQ

Dwarewien
Rohan

Jul 31 2015, 2:02am

Post #6 of 23 (3848 views)
Shortcut
Good thing I got mine a while back... [In reply to] Can't Post

still in the box at the back of my china cabinet. I think you can guess which one I got (Thorin, duh). I highly doubt I'll be getting Legolas or Bilbo. Smaug, maybe, but there are so many versions to choose from and they're all cute (which is probably what Smaug looked like as a youngster). I see you added a crown to your own Funko POP Thorin figure (highly doubt I'll be doing that).Wink

Back on topic, what did you expect? Just because the movies are over (or we have other fandoms, such as Jurassic Park, for example) that we'd never post on TORN again? We're still fans after all, so expect a lot more discussion about Thorin (if not by me, then probably by Kim or Avandel, to name a few).

And speaking of the Funko POP figures, I saw some for Minions and Inside Out in my local Hallmark card shop, so those of you that are fans of those movies might want to check those out.Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Jul 31 2015, 2:45am

Post #7 of 23 (3818 views)
Shortcut
I love the Tauriel funko pop! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think hers is so cute!! And for other fandoms, I like the Daenyres Targeren one too. Laugh

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 31 2015, 4:46am

Post #8 of 23 (3771 views)
Shortcut
The prophecy... [In reply to] Can't Post

*Durin's Folk theme plays*

Kim
Valinor

Jul 31 2015, 5:49am

Post #9 of 23 (3738 views)
Shortcut
Tee Hee [In reply to] Can't Post

We're still fans after all, so expect a lot more discussion about Thorin (if not by me, then probably by Kim or Avandel, to name a few).

Oh yes, I don't think we'll ever stop talking about Thorin. Tongue

My Thorin Funko Pop (and my Thorin Lego) are both quite happy hanging out on my coffee table. Smile

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 31 2015, 7:42am

Post #10 of 23 (3699 views)
Shortcut
Richard Armitage POPs LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Am sure the 63,000,000 Funko Thorins Richard was sent after one small remark will provided a nice nest egg for him, now that the cost shot upLaugh. Meanwhile nobody gets my POP Thorin, I love the way his little fist clenches - somehow it captures a true Thorin-glare.Cool

And of course, the Mountain King is ALWAYS worthy of discussion - every jaw-dropping frame. And I know in my heart the kindly and benevolent mods of TORn have had their lives enriched by the members as well - even now, as the tension over the EE slowly but surely ratchets and they need to tend to their hair-addled flock, they are looking forward to more posts crammed with dwarf pilosity. (And that's all I ask, just a few more precious moments of untamed shimmering locks swirling through an action shotTongueAngelicCool)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 31 2015, 7:55am

Post #11 of 23 (3691 views)
Shortcut
Not me [In reply to] Can't Post

My Thorin is unsullied - that was someone's POP that I saw online. Thorin will never need a crown - he IS the Mountain King.Cool Tho if you want Smaug or Tauriel I would grab them now, before they get retired.

True enough, there will always be a lot to talk about re the Hobbit - which I have yet to re-read, even. Not just the EE, but bonus material and books - after all, the next Chronicles book will be out in the fall.TongueTongueTongue

Thrain II
Lorien

Jul 31 2015, 11:55am

Post #12 of 23 (3602 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! [In reply to] Can't Post

And of course can't wait for the news! Cool

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2015, 1:48pm

Post #13 of 23 (3552 views)
Shortcut
Far be it from me to be disloyal, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

the Smaug Funko POP is still the cutest in my book. And he's still available for a reasonable price... http://www.amazon.com/...06GX861MAGNS6923VB29

Disclaimer: May cause purchaser to break into spontaneous baby talk ("Who's a widdle firedrake, hmm? Is him fire and death? Yes, he is! Yes, he is!")

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 31 2015, 2:15pm

Post #14 of 23 (3532 views)
Shortcut
Now that really IS cute! *Tries hard not to say...... [In reply to] Can't Post

.... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2015, 2:58pm

Post #15 of 23 (3506 views)
Shortcut
Agree with you and your disclaimer... [In reply to] Can't Post

Smaug's the cutest! Totally irresistible!!! Heart

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2015, 3:06pm

Post #16 of 23 (3504 views)
Shortcut
Oh my!... How cute! I wants it, I wants it!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, this little Legolas cutie...
By the way, Avandel, thank you for the link to see all of those so funny and nice figures I had no idea existed! I liked Tauriel too, and Bilbo... but I would say Smauggie beat them all for cuteness, rather unexpectedly!... Cool

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2015, 3:09pm

Post #17 of 23 (3507 views)
Shortcut
At least the one thing we can all agree on!... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for saying it for all of us... Smile

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 31 2015, 10:54pm

Post #18 of 23 (3356 views)
Shortcut
Loyalty. Honor. A willing heat....I mean heart.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe y'all think some smelly lizard could POSSIBLY out-cute the King Under the Mountain! ShockedShockedShocked

All of you really took a wrong turnEvil:

And anywayLaugh:

HeartHeartHeartWorth all the GOLD in EREBOR, I tell yah.

Well, OK - this isn't CUTE, it's #MAJESTIC TongueTongueTongue

AngelicCool

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 31 2015, 11:15pm

Post #19 of 23 (3350 views)
Shortcut
LOL like potaoto chips [In reply to] Can't Post

You are welcome and yes, the Funko POPs are irresistible! It's like, they are LOOKING at you. Like TORn mods WinkCoolLaugh.

HeartHeartHeart

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2015, 11:37pm

Post #20 of 23 (3339 views)
Shortcut
It's all in your adjectives, Avendel [In reply to] Can't Post

Cute? Smaugie-waugie.
Majestic? Come on, is there even a question?? WinkCoolHeartAngelic

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 1 2015, 12:22am

Post #21 of 23 (3329 views)
Shortcut
*Snigger* [In reply to] Can't Post

So many dollars. So many agonizing dragon design decisions. So many hours of WETA work. SO MUCH ANGST....ShockedShockedShocked

All of it swept away by a lovely post from a TORn member, that began with such TRUE WARMTH and wandered to the DARK SIDE......EvilEvilEvil

"Who's got his widdle stone den? Is that his widdle PRECIOUS......"TongueAngelicLaugh

(DOS will never be the same.....LaughLaughLaugh)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 1 2015, 12:49am

Post #22 of 23 (3321 views)
Shortcut
Oh, how sad [In reply to] Can't Post

Alas, I don't have any *juicy news* to relayFrown which is one of the great things about TORn - its members, but I will probably post a tidbit in the Collecting Forum - so here, VERY briefly, I just noticed this week that the Funko POPs Legolas, Thorin and Bilbo are "retired".....

Well I have Thorin, Gandalf, Bilbo, Tauriel & Smaug - wonder if I should get a Legolas before it's too late?

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 1 2015, 3:43am

Post #23 of 23 (3294 views)
Shortcut
oh dear [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, as far as I can tell, could be some sticker shock, but you can still get him.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.