The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Title contest for The Hobbit

DainPig
Gondor

Jul 30 2015, 1:20am

Post #1 of 3 (1167 views)
Shortcut
Title contest for The Hobbit Can't Post

Why the thread "Title contest" just appear in LOTR Forum? Why there is no Title contest for The Hobbit?

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jul 30 2015, 4:11am

Post #2 of 3 (1138 views)
Shortcut
I think it's mainly because [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hobbit board is busy enough without it. The Title Contest was BlackFox's idea, based on Caption Contest, to keep the LOTR board active. Caption Contest is posted periodically on Main and is sometimes LOTR, sometimes TH, and sometimes behind-the-scenes, and is not really a contest; there is no winner. (Forgive me if you already know that, I don't remember if a Caption Contest has been posted since you joined.)BlackFox added the twist of having a winner post the image and then choose the next winner. It has worked really well and has helped to keep people coming to the LOTR board. Smile

I don't think there's any reason it couldn't be done on TH board except that it might get pushed to the second page too soon.

By the way, I love Heart your new profile picture. It's sooo cute! Evil

You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning 'round

~Do You Realize?, The Flaming Lips

(This post was edited by zarabia on Jul 30 2015, 4:17am)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 4 2015, 2:48am

Post #3 of 3 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Yes - our discussions are always [In reply to] Can't Post

started by the members, so we often get a repeating contest or thread in one forum but not the others.

We also have an on-going Hobbit movie discussion, and used to have one in the LOTR forum. All the forums evolve as members come and go, and the news topics change.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.