The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Hugh Jackman steals Thorin's line!?!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jul 28 2015, 6:52pm

Post #1 of 11 (10219 views)
Shortcut
Hugh Jackman steals Thorin's line!?! Can't Post

Here's a funny article, and yes theonering.net is menitoned: https://armitageagonistes.wordpress.com/...shtag-fans-outraged/

So it looks like Hugh Jackman has decided to play Wolverine #onelasttime. Kind of a shame, but then I understand that he's not really a comic book character that never ages, LOL! Yes, I caught the #onelasttime reference, but surely Thorin isn't the ONLY person ever to say that? Which makes me wonder what would happen if two short, hairy dudes had a smackdown? Of course, it would have to be the Wolverine from "Days of Future Past," with the bone claws, or else it just wouldn't be fair - kind of like Batman v. Superman, y'know? (Btw, my money's on the Bat, he's rich so he'd get his hands on some kryptonite for sure.) And Thorin would definitely need the chain mail and Orchrist - hey, he lasted against Azog for a long time, and if that Orc hadn't managed that impossible break-thru-ice-with-nothing-to-push-off-from stunt, Thorin would have won that fight! And Thorin is good at decapitating Orcs, so yeah, I think he'd have a good shot at beating the Wolverine. And let's not forget that both Thorin and Wolverine are about 5'2" (while both actors are about 6'2"Cool), so pretty equal there as well.

OTOH, the thought of two of my most beloved Hollywood Hunks fighting in a deathmatch, well, makes me kinda sad to think about itUnsure*sniff* As for the so-called "controversy," well I think it's pretty funny, and I'm hoping someone out there does a mashup & puts it on YouTube. Hmmmm, weekend project, anyone??? There's a great mashup of "Hunger Games of Thrones" out there, pretty funny stuff! But what does anyone else think? Is Hugh right or wrong to do this?

And who would win in a smackdown, Wolverine

or Thoirn?

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Meneldor
Valinor

Jul 28 2015, 8:51pm

Post #2 of 11 (10169 views)
Shortcut
Did Wolverine just give us the finger?! [In reply to] Can't Post

There are some things that up with I shall not put! Grrr.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jul 28 2015, 9:00pm

Post #3 of 11 (10167 views)
Shortcut
Kinda looks that way, doesn't it [In reply to] Can't Post

Naughty, naughtySlySlySly

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Dwarewien
Rohan

Jul 28 2015, 9:50pm

Post #4 of 11 (10156 views)
Shortcut
If Wolverine's giving us the finger... [In reply to] Can't Post

shouldn't he be going up against Bilbo instead of Thorin (since we all know how many times we've seen Martin Freeman doing so)? The only time I've seen Thorin doing so is in a gif on Tumblr when he does that to Smaug (I'm sure they left that scene out so that the little kiddies wouldn't be offended, but it would have been hilarious if they left it in). I'm not sure if I like Wolverine stealing Thorin's line, but since I'm no superhero movie fan, I'm at a loss to who would win said fight (though I think you can guess who I'd wish would win, since if Thorin can hold up against Azog for that long, why not Wolverine, but like with Azog, please watch that hand! I would love to have the ability to jump into the movie at this point and slice off the rest of that arm, since then you would get rid of that deadly weapon, or better yet his head, but I wouldn't want to deny Thorin the honor of finishing Azog off).Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 29 2015, 12:12am

Post #5 of 11 (10125 views)
Shortcut
Weeeeell.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Wolverine could take Thorin. I'd not want to see it happen though, and would much rather the two of them make Azog into origami art.
As far as the 'one last time' line, in our M-e universe, Théoden said it first. Wink

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Aug 1 2015, 3:47am

Post #6 of 11 (9951 views)
Shortcut
Just curious? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
As far as the 'one last time' line, in our M-e universe, Théoden said it first. Smile

Shoot! I tried to find that line (assuming it was at (or before) the sally from Helm’s Gate) with no luck.

Care to divulge good Brethil??

Boromir looked in surprise at Bilbo, but the laughter died on his lips when he saw that all the others regarded the old hobbit with grave respect. Only Glóin smiled, but his smile came from old memories.
-JRR Tolkien

Bofur01
Lorien

Aug 1 2015, 12:21pm

Post #7 of 11 (9922 views)
Shortcut
The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the Deep... [In reply to] Can't Post

...One Last Time!

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Aug 1 2015, 1:23pm

Post #8 of 11 (9916 views)
Shortcut
* BG slaps forehead * [In reply to] Can't Post

Methinks "one last time" is from the film (right?) while I've been searching the text??

Duh! MadMad

Boromir looked in surprise at Bilbo, but the laughter died on his lips when he saw that all the others regarded the old hobbit with grave respect. Only Glóin smiled, but his smile came from old memories.
-JRR Tolkien

Bofur01
Lorien

Aug 1 2015, 3:59pm

Post #9 of 11 (9907 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 2 2015, 12:23am

Post #10 of 11 (9891 views)
Shortcut
Yup! What Bofur said! // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Methinks "one last time" is from the film (right?) while I've been searching the text??

Duh! MadMad

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Mar 4 2016, 4:23am

Post #11 of 11 (6954 views)
Shortcut
Oh yeah! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahaha! YES! And that was in 2002 The Two Towers! Wink

Elven Lady of the Greenwood Realm

http://429205116927399394.weebly.com/

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.