DainPig
Gondor

Jul 24 2015, 8:41pm

Post #1 of 6 (870 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo's goodbye analysis Can't Post

This video (portuguese dub)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UqF8_nZBfI

At 1:32, you can see a people walking at Gandalf's right!
We can see also the river: it is thawed, flowing again. Winter ended.

The dwarves built a wooden bridge to the gate.

Wait... where is Bofur's axe in the head? He lost it during the Battle? And the dwarves do not speak anything during this scene, but I really hope we can get something in the Extended Edition Laugh

Bilbo is not wearing the same clothes when he returns to The Shire. What that mean? He won these clothes in Dale? Hmm.... Shocked

I just love this little short scene. I think in the EE, we will see this scene just after the great funeral SmileUnimpressedUnsure

What do you think?

(Sorry for the bad english)

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Legomir
Rivendell

Jul 24 2015, 8:56pm

Post #2 of 6 (825 views)
Shortcut
I LOVE this scene [In reply to] Can't Post

This is one of my favorite scenes in all six films. It's funny how after two films that change the tone so much, the last scenes of BOTFA really do feel like An Unexpected Journey again. I was worried they would rush the ending because of all the complaints Return of the King got, but was pleasantly surprised they didn't. I also hope there's a bit more dialogue in the Extended Version, but it won't make me mad if there is nothing. But yes. I can't sing the praise of that scene loud enough. The line "Don't bother knocking" still makes me emotional.

DainPig
Gondor

Jul 24 2015, 9:01pm

Post #3 of 6 (819 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

They really returned to AUJ tone, this is very cool Smile PJ is a wise man.Heart

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Pandallo
Rivendell

Jul 24 2015, 11:45pm

Post #4 of 6 (738 views)
Shortcut
Bifur's missing axe [In reply to] Can't Post

The reason movie-Bifur is with the Company in the movies is first to help his family, and second to find the Orc who put the Axe in his head in the first place. This.. was left on the cutting room floor but I imagine it will be in the EE in some respect.

Good notice though that Winter had ended! That means that Bilbo stayed a season roughly with the Dwarves after Thorin's death, which I feel fits his character well.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 25 2015, 12:22pm

Post #5 of 6 (604 views)
Shortcut
Spring forward? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it does seem to be Spring or near the end of Winter at least. I guess that explains why there is no sign of Beorn or Thranduil and his army.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

CathrineB
Rohan

Jul 25 2015, 7:00pm

Post #6 of 6 (535 views)
Shortcut
Ah yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love that scene. I love Bilbo's goodbye with Gandalf a little more (the setting is so beautiful and Bilbo looks so... perfect there XD Very much like how I pictured him before the movies came out).

But yes this scene is beautiful too, but it's kind of gutwrenching the moment Bilbo turns to see the remaining Company because it's so obvious that someones missing and it hurts Frown Compare that moment to the one where thorin turns to look at the Company during the talk with Bard... Ouch ouch ouch.

And the melody playing in the background is so sweet and vulnerable. Tugs on your heartstrings a little more (listen to 01:41) . If more of the movie had such heart though Unsure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBsh02JAqow

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.