The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
predictions for EE announcement

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 24 2015, 7:59am

Post #1 of 22 (2400 views)
Shortcut
predictions for EE announcement Can't Post

Just for fun, let's see who can guess what day we'll get the official announcement for the EE of BotFA. And what clip do you predict we'll see? Pretty soon we'll be out of things to predict and look forward to, which is kind of a sad thought.Frown

my guesses:

August 4th
part (maybe all) of the chariot chase

The other two clips focused on Bilbo, but I just have a feeling they'll go for something more "actiony" this time. And the chariot scene has been brought up quite a lot. Not to mention it was one of the first scenes we were teased with a year ago in the first trailer.

Shagrat
Gondor

Jul 24 2015, 8:43am

Post #2 of 22 (2289 views)
Shortcut
I agree on the date [In reply to] Can't Post

But I think it will be Bilbo talking with Bofur prior to sneaking out of Erebor.

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Jul 24 2015, 10:39am

Post #3 of 22 (2222 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

31 July
Bilbo and Bofur or Bilbo and Gandalf in the trollcave.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 24 2015, 11:34am

Post #4 of 22 (2202 views)
Shortcut
I hope it's not the 4th of August.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be tied up most of the day organising a birthday tea, and probably won't even get near the computer! But because of that, you're probably right, so I'll go with your date....

As for the clip, how about Thranduil talking to Bilbo after the battle (purely because I'd like to see it - I don't really expect it)

But if I were Peter Jackson, I'd make it a clip involving Fili... Wink

CathrineB
Rohan

Jul 24 2015, 12:16pm

Post #5 of 22 (2171 views)
Shortcut
Hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Smartest thing I've heard all year Laugh

Seriously though I am curious about the EE so I need some updates soon! *bangs head against the table* I just... don't want to have high expectations like last time. Unsure That didn't end well.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 24 2015, 3:37pm

Post #6 of 22 (2057 views)
Shortcut
For sure! [In reply to] Can't Post

TongueTongueTongueTongue

Seems like it has been SO quiet from PJ & co. - is this the calm before the storm?

And then it will be all Star Wars, Star Wars...and then, someone will buy the rights to re-boot LOTR and the HobbitCool

But there will NEVER be another Fili like Dean's!!!!!EvilCoolTongueHeartHeartHeartHeart

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 24 2015, 3:41pm

Post #7 of 22 (2059 views)
Shortcut
Calm before the storm? [In reply to] Can't Post

I do hope not. Let's make it the angsty bit before everyone starts beaming with happiness and good cheer...

I expect Peter Jackson's curled up in his Hobbit hole with the cat, the pugs and a nice cup of tea, muttering "Oh, for goodness sake tell them all to shut up and go away..." And who would blame him.... Wink

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 24 2015, 4:29pm

Post #8 of 22 (2019 views)
Shortcut
Love has a price [In reply to] Can't Post

I expect Peter Jackson's curled up in his Hobbit hole with the cat, the pugs and a nice cup of tea, muttering "Oh, for goodness sake tell them all to shut up and go away..." And who would blame him.... Wink

Just to be truly evil, I am gonna guess that Sir Peter's comfortable surroundings are the result of much love from the fans - OK, I'll stop.CoolEvil

Besides, at the end of all things, there is for meHeartHeartHeart:

And who hired this guy, and defended his choice against those nay-sayers, four years ago? Peter Jackson, that's who.HeartHeartHeart

Never mind all the other *GOODNESS* in these films. I just have to wrestle with my GREED in the face of so much lavishness.TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Let's make it the angsty bit before everyone starts beaming with happiness and good cheer...

*snicker*LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Jul 24 2015, 4:46pm

Post #9 of 22 (2002 views)
Shortcut
Fili would be a nice idea in the trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

since so many people are expecting something like that (the buzz on tumblr is even worse)

Anyway, I had many expectations regarding Botfa, and they were all crushed. All of them. I got lots of Elves (and not Thranduil), I got lots of Alfrid.
No expectations this time...

Gandalf the Green
Rivendell

Jul 24 2015, 7:09pm

Post #10 of 22 (1899 views)
Shortcut
Confirmed EE scenes so far [In reply to] Can't Post

According to my spies, these are the possibilities for the EE "teaser" clip, as to be chosen by Peter Jackson himself:

- Legolas running on falling asteroids and meteorites and Beorns
- Alfrid browsing 9gag to look for meme and pop culture references to use in the next Hobbit film
- Smaug using Lake-Town as a toilet
- Fili's character being fully censored

(This post was edited by Gandalf the Green on Jul 24 2015, 7:10pm)

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 24 2015, 7:29pm

Post #11 of 22 (1872 views)
Shortcut
Quite, Dormouse! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I do hope not. Let's make it the angsty bit before everyone starts beaming with happiness and good cheer...

Any and all happiness about something one enjoys I think is completely out of fashion! (So let's be unfashionable, shall we!?) Laugh

(This post was edited by Brethil on Jul 24 2015, 7:29pm)

DainPig
Gondor

Jul 24 2015, 7:40pm

Post #12 of 22 (2026 views)
Shortcut
August 10th [In reply to] Can't Post

Some additional scene during the battle, probably the chariot scene Smile

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 24 2015, 9:36pm

Post #13 of 22 (1764 views)
Shortcut
Lets! :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 24 2015, 9:44pm

Post #14 of 22 (1762 views)
Shortcut
sounds about right [In reply to] Can't Post

You might want to tell your spies to be careful. Those sound way too real to be just rumors.

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Jul 24 2015, 9:45pm)

Bishop
Gondor

Jul 24 2015, 10:26pm

Post #15 of 22 (1735 views)
Shortcut
I agree! [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter Jackson has done enough as it is. It was mutually beneficial to both sides. He got his academy awards, millions upon millions of dollars, and a undeniable place in film history. And we got the films after paying to see them. It was an even exchange. The fans can shut up now!!

lionoferebor
Rohan

Jul 24 2015, 11:18pm

Post #16 of 22 (1709 views)
Shortcut
I have no clue... [In reply to] Can't Post

when we'll get the first announcement, but hopefully soon. Very soon, because the silence is becoming UNBEARABLE.

Is it just me, or has PJ and co. been more quiet than normal?

(This post was edited by lionoferebor on Jul 24 2015, 11:21pm)

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 24 2015, 11:47pm

Post #17 of 22 (1682 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a feeling they're being extra quiet because there isn't another movie to promote. For the average moviegoer, the trilogy is over.Tongue

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 25 2015, 12:19am

Post #18 of 22 (1667 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm..... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a feeling they're being extra quiet because there isn't another movie to promote. For the average moviegoer, the trilogy is over.Tongue

On the other hand, there was that REALLY DRY period before DOS - I mean there was NOTHING for the longest time - but it still sticks in my head - one of the guys connected with the music said something to the effect, because they were WORKING. And PJ has said - so he knows - "many fans feel the EE is the definitive version..."

True, I think for the average moviegoer the trilogy is over, but still, with the upcoming Christmas buying season, holidays, the EE being a legacy of sorts (at least until someone decides to do a mega-director cut with all of the other stuff in the vaults) I should think PJ & co. would want to do an amazing, rich job on the EE.

And I am assuming there will be more Appendices and so on? More goodies to tempt those who already have the TE - as well as decisions about what collectible might go with what, and the production of that.
E.g., I am hoping for a great collector set, if for no other reason than WB likes adding to its treasure hoard.Cool

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 25 2015, 12:27am

Post #19 of 22 (1667 views)
Shortcut
possible trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd forgotten about the lack of information before DoS. That was pretty bad for a while.

I know this is unlikely, but I hope we get a more high quality trailer for the EE this time around. The ones for AUJ and DoS were so underwhelming compared to the ones for each of the LotR movies.

TheRealPeterJackson

Jul 26 2015, 2:02am

Post #20 of 22 (1350 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for understanding [In reply to] Can't Post

In all honesty I have indeed grown quite tired of the incessant clamoring from fans about "what's on this EE, what's on that EE." While "shut up" is perhaps a bit harsh, I do appreciate that there are individuals such as yourself who truly understand that I deserve respite from such an overbearing and often times obsessive fan base. Wink

seelbach
The Shire

Jul 26 2015, 8:20am

Post #21 of 22 (1300 views)
Shortcut
When were the previous EEs announced? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't remember, but maybe there is some pattern to it.

Also- I wonder if they will announce boxsets of the Hobbit EEs at the same time, and also, I wonder if we will also find out about a complete Jackson/Tolkien boxset..

I could see the boxsets being delayed, because of people like me who will pick up the EE, and then hock it and get the boxset when it becomes available..

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 26 2015, 5:36pm

Post #22 of 22 (1173 views)
Shortcut
from memory [In reply to] Can't Post

I think AUJ EE was announced July 30th, and DoS EE might have been announced on August 5th. The reason DoS was a bit later might have been because the BotFA teaser came out the previous week.

As for boxsets, I think there's already a listing for a Hobbit EE boxset on amazon. They'll probably hold off on one with all six films for a while, or at least until they can put some new bonus features together. The last few releases have just been the same old stuff we've had for a decade.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.