Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Aidan turner opens up about embarrassing scene with Ian mackellan.

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Jul 23 2015, 1:42pm

Post #1 of 10 (1441 views)
Shortcut
Aidan turner opens up about embarrassing scene with Ian mackellan. Can't Post

http://www.goss.ie/...e-with-ian-mckellan/

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 23 2015, 1:46pm

Post #2 of 10 (1382 views)
Shortcut
ONLY IAN can get away with Calling AT.. [In reply to] Can't Post

"DARLING" & not get Smacked
Right in the "KISSER"

WOoT,wOOT..
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 23 2015, 2:08pm

Post #3 of 10 (1364 views)
Shortcut
Huh? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hollywood hunk Aidan Turner has revealed he got in trouble for mumbling his lines in The Hobbit by acting legend Ian McKellan.

Is it just me? Or have the journalistic standards for writing plummeted? The writer seems to think, based on this sentence, that Ian McKellen either wrote The Hobbit or at least authored the screenplay.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jul 23 2015, 2:09pm)

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 23 2015, 5:20pm

Post #4 of 10 (1202 views)
Shortcut
Put it this way... it isn't you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 23 2015, 8:07pm

Post #5 of 10 (1110 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

It isn't that I don't know what the writer intended to say, but a professional journalist should be able to express himself or herself better and more clearly.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

smtfhw
Lorien

Jul 24 2015, 7:41pm

Post #6 of 10 (814 views)
Shortcut
Please... [In reply to] Can't Post

Do not get me started on the standards of what passed for journalism these days. We'll be here a very long time and I'll be utterly furious for weeks to come :)

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Jul 24 2015, 10:04pm

Post #7 of 10 (781 views)
Shortcut
Yes, but who exactly is Ian McKellan? [In reply to] Can't Post

Also, when did Turner play a character called Fill? Don't we learn to use speech marks in primary school?

Nine basic English mistakes in an article only eight sentences long is quite an achievement. A reporter who can't spell, can't fact-check, can't proof-read and can't use basic grammar. She didn't even do the interview herself - it's taken from someone else's podcast, hence her inability to spell the names, because a few seconds checking on google would probably detract from whatever she was doing instead of actually working.

In Reply To

In Reply To
Hollywood hunk Aidan Turner has revealed he got in trouble for mumbling his lines in The Hobbit by acting legend Ian McKellan.

Is it just me? Or have the journalistic standards for writing plummeted? The writer seems to think, based on this sentence, that Ian McKellen either wrote The Hobbit or at least authored the screenplay.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 25 2015, 12:04pm

Post #8 of 10 (698 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not sure that I should thank you; the article is much more poorly written than I realized. It is almost horrifying to contemplate.

Crunchable Birdses
Rohan

Jul 25 2015, 8:39pm

Post #9 of 10 (651 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

Pretty much every scene in The Hobbit was rather embarrassing for the audience...

* crunch *

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 25 2015, 10:02pm

Post #10 of 10 (627 views)
Shortcut
That would depend on the audience // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.