Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
What have YOU been Watching this week...just in time for more Poldark!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Adrianna
Lorien

Jul 17 2015, 2:02am

Post #76 of 85 (587 views)
Shortcut
TNT [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been watching

Falling Skies!

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Jul 17 2015, 10:59am

Post #77 of 85 (570 views)
Shortcut
So what do you think of Mason's "find your warrior" [In reply to] Can't Post

and the whole Pope against Mason plot?

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

Adrianna
Lorien

Jul 17 2015, 4:23pm

Post #78 of 85 (555 views)
Shortcut
Mmm! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't really care for it. I mean you should have been tapped into warrior mode let's say by Season 3 or 4. Everybody should have been feed up with what's going on.

They need to let Pope focus on his new gal he's got. Leave Mason alone. It's getting old.

I'm really sick of the Maggie situation. First it was Karen now its the Ben.

She didn't have this until she got those spike in her neck. She is calling the kettle black and quite the hypocrite. Because she put Hal through it with Karen and now she is caught between Hal and Ben. How does she expect Hal to feel?

I really have enjoyed watching this series and hope that it has a good ending!

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Meneldor
Valinor

Jul 17 2015, 5:27pm

Post #79 of 85 (552 views)
Shortcut
FOTR EE [In reply to] Can't Post

for the first time in a few years. I worry that if I watch these too often, they'll lose their impact. That didn't happen this time. Fantastic film. Y'all should check it out.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 17 2015, 6:18pm

Post #80 of 85 (541 views)
Shortcut
Prospero vs. Saruman [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Helen Mirren does have that commanding air. That's an intriguing thought, O-S. Might play very well in an RPG setting.

What struck me in particular was the parallel of both Prospero (Prospera) and Saruman losing their power with the breaking of their staffs; although Shakespeare's mage gives up power voluntarily.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Kim
Valinor

Jul 19 2015, 7:38pm

Post #81 of 85 (490 views)
Shortcut
Lost Horizon [In reply to] Can't Post

Bomby has posted about this a couple of times (see one here), so I added it to my queue and finally watched it this weekend. Overall, I liked it, although there was a bit of melodramatic overacting that was prevalent in movies of the 30s/40s (to the character George, I'm looking at you). Still, I thought the story was interesting, and finally got to see Shangri-La that has been such a staple of pop culture for so long. Also interesting how pieces of the movie were cut out/lost over the years, and eventually (mostly) restored. And to see some of the parallels with Tolkien/LOTR as Bomby points out.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jul 19 2015, 8:12pm

Post #82 of 85 (493 views)
Shortcut
Mr. Holmes [In reply to] Can't Post

Once again, Ian McKellan had me saying, "wow", this time in between tears. It's not a sad movie really, but I've always wondered what would happen to Sherlock Holmes when he got old. When I as young, I worried that there would be no one to take care of him. Sir Ian plays him so beautifully, both as a very old man and as a younger old man, if you know what I mean. He was sharp, like the Sherlock we know, and then doddering and forgetful and yes, pitiful as the sharp mind lost it's edge. I loved the "mystery" created by the gaps in his memory. The production design, the photography, the music all added to the wonderful acting of Sir Ian.

Yup. Wow. Just ... wow. Heart

_

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jul 19 2015, 8:45pm

Post #83 of 85 (489 views)
Shortcut
Mr. Holmes [In reply to] Can't Post

Ian McKellen outright owns this film. He is magnificent to watch. His facial expressions, the little gestures he makes, his demeanor at certain times - I really didn't care that there wasn't a suspenseful, exciting case for him to solve. I was too absorbed in watching McKellen act. And I love Hiroyuki Sanada. I'm glad he got such a large role in this, as he isn't well known amongst the U.S. audiences. He probably still won't be, as this movie is only playing at our theater that plays indie films once along with regular mainstream ones.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 23 2015, 1:05am

Post #84 of 85 (447 views)
Shortcut
I haven't seen much of it - but I like those inclusive shows. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Falling Skies!

That tell a sort of whole-world stories.

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 23 2015, 1:06am

Post #85 of 85 (444 views)
Shortcut
I'll make a note of that. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
FOTR EEfor the first time in a few years. I worry that if I watch these too often, they'll lose their impact. That didn't happen this time. Fantastic film. Y'all should check it out.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.