Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Wich south-american country would you like to live in?
Poll: Wich south-american country would you like to live in?
Uruguay
Paraguay
Bolivia
Ecuador
Brazil
Chile
Venezuela
Peru
Argentina
Colombia
View Results (20 votes)

DainPig
Gondor

Jul 10 2015, 11:15pm

Post #1 of 5 (785 views)
Shortcut
Wich south-american country would you like to live in? Can't Post

And why? Smile

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jul 11 2015, 7:16am

Post #2 of 5 (738 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know enough to know where I'd want to live, but I'd love to travel all over: from the tropical jungles to the mountains to the pampas to the deserts...cities, small towns, and pristine countryside. So many gorgeous places with interesting history and varied cultures; it would be hard to pick just one. I have a friend who's living in Peru right now, if I had the chance, I'd visit her there for a start. Smile

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jul 13 2015, 8:34pm

Post #3 of 5 (691 views)
Shortcut
Never been there, but chose Chile for the mountains. [In reply to] Can't Post

And Chile always seems like an "accident of geography" to me, that big, long, thin strip of a country--how do Chileans keep a sense of identity in a stretched out nation like that? I would like to get a sense of how they view themselves and the rest of the world.

Brazil would be my second choice, for the beaches and rain forest and the people. There are a lot of Brazilian immigrants where I live (Boston), and they're so much friendlier than Bostonians. And they're food is good too--some of the best potato salad I've ever had, and great barbecued meats.

Gianna
Rohan

Jul 17 2015, 8:49pm

Post #4 of 5 (667 views)
Shortcut
Peru probably [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks to Machu Picchu.

(Although, if I lived in Argentina I could infiltrate their soccer team. Still mad that they beat Holland in the World Cup last year... Wink)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jul 20 2015, 6:34pm

Post #5 of 5 (635 views)
Shortcut
welll [In reply to] Can't Post

a friend eventually married a guy who'd grown up in Chile (rode in the cavalry, I had no idea they still had a cavalry)...

My cousin went to Brazil once... the AMazon would be cool to visit.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.