The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Return Journey EE

DainPig
Gondor

Jul 10 2015, 7:52pm

Post #1 of 4 (1226 views)
Shortcut
The Return Journey EE Can't Post

Are we going to see more of the Return Journey on ExEd of BOTFA?

Dale?
Woodland Realm (Thranduil?)
Mirkwood?
Beorn House?
Rivendell (Elrond again?)
The Trolls?

Before the release of the movie, I really thought we would see a younger Strider (Aragorn) at Rivendell.

But the scene we can see Bilbo and Gandalf returning to th Shire is so short...

On the book, the Journey is VEERY long. Bilbo pass in Beorn house, and stay there for a long time.

I've heard there will be a scene where Bilbo and Gandalf return to take back the treasure tha the dwarves left on the Troll Hoard...

(sorry for the bad english) CrazySmile

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Dcole4
Rohan

Jul 10 2015, 8:12pm

Post #2 of 4 (1185 views)
Shortcut
For the EE... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we'll get the following...

-Funeral (4-5 minutes)
-Dain "Coronation" but mostly a scene in which Bilbo gives necklace back to Thranduil. Phillippa teased a scene between Dain and Bilbo. (2 Minutes)
-Bofur, Gloin and Nori gift Bilbo by saying he can take the Trollshaw treasure. (1 -2 minutes)
-Expanded Dale, probably fairly short, Bilbo plants his acorn. (1-2 Minutes)
-Trollshaws, Bilbo digs up the treasure (1 minute)

I'm hoping we get to see some form of goodbye for Radagast and Beorn, we know at the very least they'll be attending the funeral, which will at least give them a visual sense of closure. Whether we'll have any form of significant scenes where they say goodbye, who knows. No rumors have come out suggesting such, and with only 30 minutes being added, it seems unlikely.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 10 2015, 8:16pm

Post #3 of 4 (1176 views)
Shortcut
The Return [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure we'll see at least a little more of Bilbo's return to Bag End; probably not as much as you hope for. We might at least see Bilbo and Gandalf depart in the company of Beorn and/or the Wood-elves. I don't think that we'll spend any more time at Beorn's house. We might see Bilbo plant his acorn in Dale.

The Dol Guldur subplot means that we don't need to see their stop at Rivendell for an explanation of Gandalf's disappearance. It would be nice to see Sting get engraved with its name. We might see Bilbo and Gandalf retrieve the Troll-chest.

We can probably give up on any chance of seeing a young Aragorn. Those of us who had already guessed correctly at Aragorn's approximate age in the films knew that we would not see a ten year-old Estel in Rivendell. Early on, I did suspect that there might be a place for a young Aragorn somewhere in the Hobbit films if only because he would have been about the right age for his first encounter with Gandalf. It looks as though we will only see the young Strider if there is a spin-off movie about him.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 10 2015, 10:09pm

Post #4 of 4 (1079 views)
Shortcut
Well, as it turned out there was a place for a young Aragorn..... [In reply to] Can't Post

... you were absolutely right about that, but instead of seeing him we heard about him. I think that probably means it's unlikely that we'll see him as well.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.