Morgause
Agravaine
Nimueh
The Great Dragon
Mordred
Hunith
Balinor
Geoffrey
Other (Please feel free to state who in comments)
View Results (6 votes)

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Jul 5 2015, 2:11pm

Post #1 of 4 (561 views)
Shortcut
Favourite character from the BBC Series 'Merlin' Can't Post

Having only seen the show in its entirety recently, I consider myself a huge, huge fan since I am already partway through re-watching all 65 episodes (am on episode 46). Though I was initially cynical about the idea of a show in which Merlin and Arthur are portrayed as contemporaries, I soon began to marvel at the quality of the show's execution and the originality it brought to the Arthurian myth. I also loved the fact that they still managed to incorporate the older version of Merlin later on in the series.

While Merlin gets my vote as my favourite character, I am very fond of all the characters, particularly Gwaine, the Dragon and Gaius.

I've allowed for multiple answers which I don't usually in my polls (hopefully I won't regret it) because I'm fairly sure there will be at least a couple of people who won't be able to choose just one (especially when it comes to Merlin and Arthur)

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jul 11 2015, 7:24am

Post #2 of 4 (511 views)
Shortcut
Gaius [In reply to] Can't Post

I've only seen a few episodes, but I always like Richard Wilson because of his character on One Foot In The Grave, Victor Meldrew. Laugh The few times I watched Merlin I expected Gaius to exclaim in frustration, "I don't be-lieve it!" Laugh

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Jul 13 2015, 8:27pm

Post #3 of 4 (488 views)
Shortcut
You have to love Richard Wilson [In reply to] Can't Post

Such a nice chap and a fantastic actor-Victor Meldrew is without a doubt my favourite sitcom character along with Basil Fawlty!

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jul 13 2015, 11:36pm

Post #4 of 4 (484 views)
Shortcut
Haha! Now there's a pair! [In reply to] Can't Post

Victor and Basil would have such a wonderful time together complaining and criticizing everyone. What a gripe-fest that would be. Laugh

(This post was edited by zarabia on Jul 13 2015, 11:37pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.