Other
View Results (46 votes)

DainPig
Gondor

Jul 4 2015, 9:48pm

Post #1 of 12 (4435 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit best acting Can't Post

What is your best acting in The Hobbit trilogy?

For me, Martin Freeman made an excellent job as Bilbo Baggins!

It's ma first poll here, Thankz for vote! (sorry for the bad english)

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Jul 4 2015, 10:01pm

Post #2 of 12 (4394 views)
Shortcut
Martin Freeman [In reply to] Can't Post

But everyone is acting excellent in this three films.

Elutherian
Rohan

Jul 5 2015, 3:33am

Post #3 of 12 (4362 views)
Shortcut
It's a tough choice between the top three... [In reply to] Can't Post

..... Armitage absolutely kills it, especially in the third film.

Of course McKellan doesn't play Gandalf, he simply is Gandalf.

But I have to go with Freeman. He made Bible the best Hobbit ever put to film. Perfect in every way.

CathrineB
Rohan

Jul 5 2015, 11:25pm

Post #4 of 12 (4303 views)
Shortcut
Oh dear [In reply to] Can't Post

You can say a lot about these films, but the cast is amazing. I really love pretty much all of them. I might not love all characters, but I don't have a bad word on the actors.

I gave my vote to Martin though. I can really understand why PJ would move mountains to get him as Bilbo and I am so glad he did. Pippin is my favorite hobbit in LotR so you can imagine my delight when I realized how much he reminded me of our favorite Took!

I just love his little ticks and quirks. The twitching nose, huge round eyes and his humphing and puffing. I adore it. Some is a bit weird (the stretching his arms out to compare his size to Smaug just looks stupid), but that's just one silly moment.

That being said although I'm not a huge fan of Richard in other things he is amazing as Thorin. Not the same age and such as book Thorin I know, but wow. He really deserved that award he got and certainly more.

Ian McKellen is a Legend... I never had an opinion on Luke Evans but I quite adore him now. He's got that warmth in him that shines through in Bard and I just love him. Lee Pace. Why yes I love him too lol. He's amazing. I hate that they gave the cheesiest most awfully ooc line in BotfA, but otherwise i love his Thranduil.

Though I think all the dwarves of the Company deserve a shout out too. I've become quite a fan of Dean O'Gorman (duh) and that despite little to say because he (and the others) give so much with just expressions and such.

JEIKS sorry for the gushing Sly

(This post was edited by CathrineB on Jul 5 2015, 11:27pm)

Annael
Immortal

Jul 6 2015, 2:04pm

Post #5 of 12 (4273 views)
Shortcut
Ken Stott [In reply to] Can't Post

stole the show, imho.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jul 7 2015, 12:23am

Post #6 of 12 (4242 views)
Shortcut
OH, decisions, decisions! [In reply to] Can't Post

I ran a similar poll a few months back, and it came down to Richard v. Martin. I have to agree with everyone that Martin was absolutely PERFECT as Bilbo, and I wish I could vote for 2, because IMO he and Richard tie in that respect. I would definitely give Martin Best Actor for DOS - the way he reacted around Smaug, who wasn't even THERE! Absolutely amazing!

But for BOT5A I go with Richard - the acorn scene, where he changes from sane Thorin to mad Thorin without saying a word; the "gold floor" scene (yes, I know not everyone cared for it, but I thought it was brilliant!); that amazing ice fight - can't say enough about that; and of course that tragic death scene! I seriously believe he should have gotten an Oscar nom, and I'm SO GLAD he won a Saturn award!

So it really should be a tie, but since I can only vote for one, it must be ... RICHARD!EvilHeartHeartHeart

I mean, what do you expect from such a fangirl like myself!

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 7 2015, 2:41am

Post #7 of 12 (4236 views)
Shortcut
This is tough. [In reply to] Can't Post

Between Martin and Sir Ian. I ended up voting Sir Ian. He's immortalized Gandalf exactly as I think he should be.

Martin though won me over as Bilbo, and I didn't think he would. And Hugo is in there for me too. I love his Elrond, he captures Elvish, with that kindness of summer, wonderfully. And he has that killer entrance at DG.

(This post was edited by Brethil on Jul 7 2015, 2:43am)

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 7 2015, 11:12pm

Post #8 of 12 (4210 views)
Shortcut
And of course - Richard was spectacular. [In reply to] Can't Post

Duh. Crazy How'd I forget that bit?

Kim
Valinor

Jul 8 2015, 2:04am

Post #9 of 12 (4197 views)
Shortcut
I was wondering about that... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was about to chalk it up to medication for severe back pain making you a bit loopy. That must've been it, yes? I presume you're better now. Wink

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 8 2015, 4:50am

Post #10 of 12 (4187 views)
Shortcut
Must be. Don't know what came over me there. // [In reply to] Can't Post

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Feb 25 2016, 1:44am

Post #11 of 12 (3343 views)
Shortcut
Martin as Bilbo of course [In reply to] Can't Post

But also Orlando Bloom as Legolas...HeartHeart

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Feb 25 2016, 1:46am

Post #12 of 12 (3343 views)
Shortcut
YES! [In reply to] Can't Post

I totally agree with you....Martin and Richard are amazing...HeartHeartSly

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.