Another "hair" thread? Because ...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Ilmatar
Rohan

Jul 4 2015, 7:41pm

Post #51 of 62 (2065 views)
Shortcut
*Waves back!* :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Let no one say that those posts have not been productive - what's a better produce than sparks of happiness and smiles spread the world over? Smile

(Can't help but grin at the irony - the one who brought us this latest batch of gorgeous hair pictures has a "plethora of hair" at home - even if it's slightly different kind of hair. Hirsute 4th indeed, in many ways... Laugh)

It sounds like our Midsummer Eve bonfires don't require nearly as much planning as your 4th of July fireworks over there. We can just drive (or walk, cycle or row...) from one bonfire to the next, or stay by the closest one until it's time for something else midsummerish - no traffic jams because "everyone" is at their summer cottages or in the countryside. But the bonfires are by lakesides and on hilltops, in nature - no drugstores, no restrooms. Cool So it's better to go prepared and take some refreshments & snacks to go with.

Many thanks for the pics and especially that beautiful Thorin-smile! Heart Oh, it's been HOT here for a few days now - the real summer did begin a little over a week after Midsummer Eve - and looking at that smile for too long might give one a heatstroke... *looks for some ice cold drinks and possibly a cold shower* Tongue

Smile
(combined from: originals by PeckishOwl)

(This post was edited by Ilmatar on Jul 4 2015, 7:46pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 4 2015, 8:11pm

Post #52 of 62 (2059 views)
Shortcut
*grins* - did you say BONFIRE? [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like our Midsummer Eve bonfires don't require nearly as much planning as your 4th of July fireworks over there. We can just drive (or walk, cycle or row...) from one bonfire to the next, or stay by the closest one until it's time for something else midsummerish - no traffic jams because "everyone" is at their summer cottages or in the countryside. But the bonfires are by lakesides and on hilltops, in nature - no drugstores, no restrooms. Cool So it's better to go prepared and take some refreshments & snacks to go with.

Oh, this sounds so lovelyHeartHeartHeart! And so Middle EarthHeartHeartHeart! Well, of course, there are more local U.S. celebrations, and depending on what the state and local laws are, some folks will have smaller fireworks of their own that they light off (and alas, there are accidents every year...).

*Snigger* about the plethora of hair...yes, somewhere out there is an unsung hero, who invented:

Which has saved many hundreds by letting one just snag their own hair out of a clogged drain - it works, but so disgusting what gets pulled out! FrownFrownFrown Still, a CLEVER and CHEAP little gadget.Cool

More soon, but I have GOT to go do something *productive*, although:

Let no one say that those posts have not been productive - what's a better produce than sparks of happiness and smiles spread the world over? Smile

*Bows deeply* - yes, yesSmileBlush. Perhaps it is best to spread JOYCool, in a world so often GRAY. So:

Nothing wrong with a little 'shopped Thorin (courtesy of Pryftan who does such nice work on YouTube). To me this is suitably godlike, which Thorin is of course is.HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Kim
Valinor

Jul 5 2015, 6:49am

Post #53 of 62 (2036 views)
Shortcut
A Gallery of Thorin prints? [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that's something I'd pay money to see! Wink We've still got all the A-roll footage to look forward to, plus all the BOFA BTS, as well as fan art. I think we'll have enough to tide us over for quite some time.

Thorin gazes out at the bonfires the fan-gir-iells have lit in front of the gates of Erebor.

Happy 4th to you too! Smile

Ilmatar
Rohan

Jul 5 2015, 10:14am

Post #54 of 62 (2020 views)
Shortcut
Yes I did - but you said it FIRST... ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

...In this thread, that is... Cool

LOL at the cleaning product - but this IS a hair thread so technically we are still on topic. Tongue (Over here we use something like this under the shower drain's cover, it's like a little changeable sieve: click)

That fiery godlike Thorin is most impressive - nothing wrong indeed... Heart

This seems to fit summer themes, (bon)fires, and Kim's "If this is to end in fire" pic... TongueTongueTongue

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 5 2015, 6:22pm

Post #55 of 62 (1997 views)
Shortcut
Time and tide... [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that's something I'd pay money to see! Wink We've still got all the A-roll footage to look forward to, plus all the BOFA BTS, as well as fan art. I think we'll have enough to tide us over for quite some time.

Too much is not enough, KimWinkTongueCoolEvil. Those *crystallized moments in time* (or rather, because some folks are geeks who just can't resist flipping through EVERY FRAME of certain scenes, and then going back and doing it again, just to make sure every SCINTILLATING DETAIL is permanently burned in your mind. And even then, it's not enough.)

And so, rather than go match those socks and doing other assorted BORING choresFrownFrownFrown...some *precious* fleeting hair moments, like the melting nightshadows of Thorin's hair:

A particularly HAIRY and completely charming moment - IMO worth the cost of the EE alone! HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

As was this. This get replayed a lot, because in high resolution it's beyond stunning. TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

*Flowing* hair action!

Twilight hair and the eyes of a saint *THUD*

I'm convinced that Thranduil was so *snarky* because deep down inside, he knew, upon seeing Thorin again, that the rumors were true - that a DWARF had come to claim the crown for "best hair in Middle Earth". Ever.WinkLaughEvil

Here we see 1) Thorin's hair being particularly gloriously *insane* and 2) Thorin more than a little irritated at having his hair sniffed as he was dragged from the throne room. As he complained to Balin, "it's a little weird having elves smell your hair" but since PJ loves elves, he opted to cut the line.EvilEvilEvilWinkWinkWink

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 5 2015, 6:36pm

Post #56 of 62 (1992 views)
Shortcut
Er, part 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Every time I watch the EE and the dwarves arrive at Laketown, IMO that scene gets more ADORABLE TongueHeartHeartHeartTongueHeartHeartHeartTongue

Even after getting covered in FISH, Thorin just looks AMAZING TongueTongueTongue

Dwarf pile-up - too ADORABLE! HeartHeartHeart

Balin having his own action hair moment!Laugh

And the *shimmering honey-gold locks* of Fili TongueTongueTongue - yep, the Durin bloodline is STRONG in the HAIR!!!

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 5 2015, 6:44pm

Post #57 of 62 (1991 views)
Shortcut
And of course... [In reply to] Can't Post

Those fleeting, glorious, all-too-brief frames when you just wanna thank whatever gods of fate allowed you to witness a being like Thorin.

Except for *the stick*Laugh, the man dwarf is simply living art. TongueTongueTongue OMG, the HAIR TongueTongueTongue

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 5 2015, 7:05pm

Post #58 of 62 (1982 views)
Shortcut
*Grins* - a little more fuel..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wwwwwwelllll - in the U.S. we also have little drain traps and whatnot, but LOL hair - much like *dust balls* that magically appear under the bed - I think all hair must have some sort of life of its own, in that it seems to spontaneously generate just about anyplace. So, I was reading where some guy swore by packing a clogged drain with baking soda and then heaving in vinegar, and doing this repeatedly. I can speak from personal experience that this is a lot of fun, because it all bubbles up like some crazed science experiment.CoolCoolCool

Although if I fished Thorin's hair out of a drain, I'd tenderly wash and dry it and then take it to a jeweler to set in crystal and gold (butShocked seeing as this is a family-friendly site there will be NO speculation on how Thorin's hair could wind up in anyone's drains. AngelicEvilShocked What happens in Erebor, stays in Erebor.CoolCoolCool)

So moving right alongLaugh, how about a little golden Fili?

Yep, the Crown Prince has the profile thing goin' onTongueHeart....just LOOK at the sumptuous richnessHeart of those thick honey-waves....

Even Bilbo is getting in on the *hair action*!

And - for the *bonfire*:

The face of an ANGEL and the HAIR of a GAWD....TongueCoolHeart

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jul 6 2015, 1:00am

Post #59 of 62 (1958 views)
Shortcut
Perfect! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for that! The perfect ending to a holiday weekend - glorious Sunday night Thorinizing Smile

And now Poldark is on... Wink

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jul 6 2015, 2:25pm

Post #60 of 62 (1944 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, Poldark! [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG, was that episode HOT or WHAT?Wink Wonder if we can handle a "shirtless" thread?

Um, probably NOT *Thud!* Darn those Durins!

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jul 6 2015, 9:11pm

Post #61 of 62 (1915 views)
Shortcut
Never noticed it before [In reply to] Can't Post

But in this picture Fili and Kili are standing protectively in front of Ori and Dori, who both look so frightened...

Definitely an "Awwww, how sweet" moment!Heart

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Kim
Valinor

Jul 7 2015, 3:23am

Post #62 of 62 (1904 views)
Shortcut
I must say [In reply to] Can't Post

In that first pic, even Ori is rocking some pretty impressive hair! Shocked

OK, now I'll have the image of the elves sniffing Thorin's hair as they drag him backwards down the stairs, so thanks for that! Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.