Amazon Uk has extended edition up for Nov. 16

Mithfânion
Rivendell

Jul 4 2015, 6:47pm

Post #1 of 8 (1767 views)
Shortcut
Amazon Uk has extended edition up for Nov. 16 Can't Post

http://www.amazon.co.uk/...ies+extended+edition

They are in fact showing 3 different edition, the bluray as well. All of them release on November 16 so compared to the las ttwo they are giving us to two extra weeks of wait.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 4 2015, 7:42pm

Post #2 of 8 (1685 views)
Shortcut
SPOILERY SPECULATION VID links #2 and #3 from Pryftan [In reply to] Can't Post

Courtesy of the amazing Pryftan *may his/her hands overflow with gold*.Smile

DON'T WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW, A COUPLE OF IMO JUICY TIDBITS here and thereShocked. Not that anything mentioned makes it to the final cut, tho. THIS IS ALL SPECULATION.

(And, personally, I will probably only watch the *possible* Bilbo retrieve the trunk once - if he does - because for me it may be even sadder to watch than the funeral, it its way. *SOB*.FrownFrownFrownFrownFrown. Although some of the speculation here is seriously interesting. But who can say what we will EVER seeUnsure, or what will be *hoarded* for some at-present mythical super-collector-edition cut.Unsure)

And maybe any release delays are the result of wanting to put out a collector figure? There were some foul-ups as I recall, re the dwarf bookends...although I eventually got my set. And I still love the barrels sculpture HeartHeartHeartHeart

Speculation vid #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCjB4gtavo

Speculation vid #3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk1XbAIpud4

And if you read the You-Tube comments:

Srbija VS200 2 days ago I heard that will be a movie clip in August of extended edition :) ·

View all 4 replies Pryftan AW 2 days ago The first Clip from Auj came on 31. July The first Clip from Dos came on 5. August · 1

Srbija VS200 2 days ago Thx for info :D

adu
Bree

Jul 7 2015, 2:41pm

Post #3 of 8 (1233 views)
Shortcut
Great... [In reply to] Can't Post

But how many additional minutes precious?...That's what we must know.

Kim
Valinor

Jul 8 2015, 3:06am

Post #4 of 8 (1192 views)
Shortcut
On TORn Tuesday tonight [In reply to] Can't Post

They apparently discussed what may happen at SDCC this weekend. Their comment on Facebook 2 hours ago was, "Details on EE just got juicier" So maybe we'll find out this weekend!

adu
Bree

Jul 8 2015, 1:50pm

Post #5 of 8 (1143 views)
Shortcut
That would be lovely! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dcole4
Rohan

Jul 8 2015, 3:07pm

Post #6 of 8 (1133 views)
Shortcut
I don't think they know much... [In reply to] Can't Post

I watched quite a bit of the podcast. I like those guys, they're super fun to listen to and always have interesting (sometimes far out) theories. That said, they seem to know less about the EE than we do here on the forum. The "juicy" bit of knowledge was that Alfrid has a death scene that was shot, which we already have known for months b/c of the Art Chronicles book.

It's still not confirmed whether this scene is even in the EE. I personally would prefer the 45s-1m to be used elsewhere. As we learned with DOS EE, every extra minute is precious. I still would have loved for them to have added 3 or 4 minutes more and included that incredible scene where the Dwarves are taken before Thranduil.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 8 2015, 4:25pm

Post #7 of 8 (1098 views)
Shortcut
Hear, hear... [In reply to] Can't Post

The "juicy" bit of knowledge was that Alfrid has a death scene that was shot, which we already have known for months b/c of the Art Chronicles book.

It's still not confirmed whether this scene is even in the EE. I personally would prefer the 45s-1m to be used elsewhere. As we learned with DOS EE, every extra minute is precious. I still would have loved for them to have added 3 or 4 minutes more and included that incredible scene where the Dwarves are taken before Thranduil.

Urgh. I love Alfrid (Ryan Gage) but for me it turned into too muchFrown, like being at a family dinner and someone keeps pushing the overdone dried-out scalloped potatoes on you (here, have some more...ShockedShockedShocked)

Personally, I think there was an overload of "see-how-rotten-Alfrid-is" already and having an IMO trite death is more lame - it's more interesting that he just runs off dressed in a skirt IMO. *Sigh*.

Another poster mentioned Thorin/dwarves singing in the AUJ thread - well, yeahHeart. Re BOFA *sigh* how haunting that could have been, the dwarves singing some sad song, echoing through Erebor e.g. the book *puts head down on desk and cries, thinking about how exquisite that could have been*Frown. And the more I watch BOFA, the more I think there had to be a scene where Gandalf has told Thorin about his father, because Thorin's expression and Gandalf's words later make more sense that way - also, why wouldn't an already enraged Thorin say something about Gandalf's reappearance, even if it was some comment about Gandalf abandoning them?

Agree every SECOND is preciousTongue and totally agree about the DOS scene. I just don't know how PJ & co. get audience feedback and if they do hear things, how and if they bother to respond to any of it - seeing as PJ did say he "was going to make these movies his way".
I can understand that, but at the same time wish PJ, Philippa, and Fran would take a second look when something clearly is having a tepid responseFrown and/or the same *fan wishes* keep popping up in social media (more Fili in BOFA, the Thranduil/dwarves scene, more Beorn, etc.)

*Gloomily* I see these interviews with PJ and Phillipa and while of course all interviews are respectful, I haven't seen an interview yet where some interviewer or fan asks point-blank about the "dwarfless BOFA" or the Thranduil/dwarves scene - it IS Sir Peter and without him these movies wouldn't be, but how are PJ & co. getting feedback if everyone asks the same vanilla questions all the time?Unsure After all, re EEs especially, the PAYING customers - which most of the time are probably not eleven-year old girls - may not want to pay to see even more Alfrid (as for me it got annoying vs. funnyUnimpressed and it infuriates me that Alfrid had more direct engagement than the wonderful Fili/dwarvesMad).

But at the end of day, because every second is preciousTongue, I'll buy the EE - for the chariot race, for possibly Thorin "everything I did, I did for them", for possibly some better editing that doesn't have a pace like the TE. Even if I don't get more of Thranduil fighting or Fili actually having some juicy scenes or more Beorn.Unimpressed

Dcole4
Rohan

Jul 8 2015, 4:30pm

Post #8 of 8 (1094 views)
Shortcut
Regarding the EE [In reply to] Can't Post

I totally agree, I wish someone would mention the Thranduil Dwarves scene to PJ in an interview, i'm sure WB and PJ are already thinking ahead to the "Ultimate Box Set." Whether that included additional scenes in the film or set aside as separate deleted scenes, remains to be seen.

Re: the dwarves singing, there has been speculation that there will be a singing reprise at the funeral. John Callen inadvertently hinted at it in a video interview that there was chanting by the dwarves at the funeral and proceeded to recall a couple lines that were very similar to those lyrics from the book. I hope that its included. It would very much help the film FEEL like a conclusion to the story started in AUJ.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.