The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell - and Beyond!

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jul 2 2015, 8:56pm

Post #1 of 8 (1116 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell - and Beyond! Can't Post

It's a fly-by for me this week, as I'm writing to you from the wilds of West Yellowstone, Montana - apparently the only place I can find internet or cell service in the Yellowstone area (it's certainly not happening at our cabin). Yes, it's beautiful - stunning, even - and quite reminiscent of Rohan and the Northern Wastes, in my opinion. Wink

How go your journeys this week? The usual links are missing this time around because I'm in a rush, but they'll return when I get home. Also, rather than having the Mods change our thread title when it stays on the front page, how does this sound: if a week has gone by, just post your update on the most recent WTR post. I'll update in the previous week's thread if it's still on the front page come the next Thursday. Okay?

My Mileage:

Past two weeks: 54
Cumulative: 538
Goal: I hear Lothlorien is lovely this time of year...

Prep for the trip and our stop at Independence Rock in Wyoming have helped my mileage along considerably this week - plus, I'm trying to increase my daily mileage, and it seems to be working, for now.

Have a great next week, everyone!
- Ara

Walk to Rivendell: Walk with the Fellowship Challenge - grab a buddy and let the magic live on, one step at a time.

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 3 2015, 8:30am

Post #2 of 8 (1100 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Arandiel! [In reply to] Can't Post

Aren't the days just flying by? And miles, along with them. As of yesterday, I've been on the road for exactly half a year.

My progress:
Miles covered this past two weeks: 94,5
Cumulative miles: 458 + 450 = 908
Goal: Rivendell to Lothlórien

In Middle-earth, I'm only 12 miles away from reaching Caras Galadhon. Woohoo! It's to Rauros next from here for me.

Happy walking, everyone, and enjoy the trip, Arandiel!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 3 2015, 3:41pm

Post #3 of 8 (1086 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Walkers! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yellowstone!? That is one of the places I'd dearly love to see someday. I'm so glad your family is having such a great time :D

I'm including 4 weeks of mileage since the last time I posted miles was for June 4th... and boy have I been running!

Over 10 days, I moved my daughter and her 2 teen sons from an upstairs 2-bedroom apartment in a pretty iffy complex to a very nice 3-bedroom ground-floor apartment! Such a great thing for them as they each get their own bedrooms, but mainly it will help my daughter who has fibro-myalgia and a very bad back. So I got a fabulous workout!

All of this has taken me off the threat of Caradhras and on my way to Moria.

I'm doing major cleaning and moving over this weekend... so the miles are already adding up!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend... and holiday here in the US. :) Thanks for keeping us on the Road, Arandiel... and I think the idea of posting on existing threads is a great idea :)

See everyone on the Road!

Miles covered: 65 miles 6/11 ; 40 miles 6/18 ; 25 miles 6/25 ; 38 miles 7/2 = 168 total
Cumulated miles: 787
CHALLENGE: The Lord of the Rings Walk with the Fellowship Challenge!
GOAL: Walk to Lothlórien and peek into a mirror – 462 miles + 458 (Rivendell) = 920 Cumulated miles

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #5 1/30/15

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Jul 3 2015, 3:49pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 3 2015, 3:50pm

Post #4 of 8 (1081 views)
Shortcut
Great progress! [In reply to] Can't Post

The time really DOES fly by!!! Well Done! See you on the Road! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 10 2015, 6:37pm

Post #5 of 8 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Update for July 9 [In reply to] Can't Post

My progress:
Miles covered this week: 49
Cumulative miles: 920 + 37 = 957
Goal: Lothlórien to Rauros

In Middle-earth, I've begun my journey along the Great River, steadily inching south now.

Happy walking, everyone!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 13 2015, 1:53am

Post #6 of 8 (981 views)
Shortcut
Time Flies when you don't pay attention ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG! I'm late again! But I've had a pretty productive week :) TONS of yard work and TONS of cleaning. I'm still purging 40 years of hoarding for a monstrous yard sale probably in September. I'm determined!

The Fellowship and I are travelling through Moria and came to 3 doors! Which way now? Plus, Frodo's sure he heard footfalls coming up from behind. hmmmm...

I hope everyone has a GREAT week... and I'll see you on the Road... thanks to Arandiel for taking such good care of us :)

Miles covered: 31 miles 7/9
Cumulated miles: 818
GOAL: Walk to Lothlórien and peek into a mirror – 462 miles + 458 (Rivendell) = 920 Cumulated miles

sample

TIME Google Calendar

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 18 2015, 8:43am

Post #7 of 8 (871 views)
Shortcut
Update for July 16 [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe it's already the middle of July! Days may be longer in the summer, but they feel twice as short as in the winter.

My progress:
Miles covered this week: 43
Cumulative miles: 920 + 80 = 1000
Goal: Lothlórien to Rauros

I've found a nice steady pace and continue drifting downstream towards Emyn Muil.

Happy walking, everyone!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 18 2015, 1:21pm

Post #8 of 8 (850 views)
Shortcut
OMG! Already mid-July!?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya look away for one second, and BOOM! Lookit what happens! I'M NOT READY!

Anyway... it's all good :) I'm closer to my Granddaughter's visit August 1 and closer to retirement and closer to Lothlorien ;)

The Fellowship has escaped Moria, visited Mirrormere and the Silverlode. Soon there will be rest and food.

I've made good mileage with yardwork, massive housecleaning and lots of walks to decompress. See ya'll on the Road!!!

Miles covered: 33 miles 7/16
Cumulated miles: 851

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.