Ruins of the North (The One Ring RPG) in US stores now

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 25 2015, 6:41pm

Post #1 of 7 (11110 views)
Shortcut
Ruins of the North (The One Ring RPG) in US stores now Can't Post

Andrew Kenrick, Managing Editor at Cubicle 7, reports:

On the shelves of US gaming stores right now – The Ninth Doctor Sourcebook and Ruins of the North! They will be available to buy in stores in the rest of the world soon.

The Ninth Doctor Sourcebook is the latest in our line of supplements for Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space covering the adventures of each incarnation; and Ruins of the North is new anthology of six adventures for The One Ring Roleplaying Game.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Eruclauron
Bree

Jul 3 2015, 2:11am

Post #2 of 7 (11075 views)
Shortcut
Where to start? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been looking to get into playing this with a few friends, but I was wondering where to start? I looked on Amazon for this book, and while they had it, I also saw a bunch of other ones. Which ones should I have to start off with, or is there a core book and the others are just supplements, or something else?
I'm doing a bit of research on my own, but thought I'd ask here too.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 4 2015, 9:40pm

Post #3 of 7 (11004 views)
Shortcut
The One Ring Roleplaying Game [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, the default setting for the game is Rhovanion, five years after the Battle of Five Armies. I would recommend starting with the revised core rules book, the Lake-town supplement that includes the Loremaster's Screen, with Tales from Wilderland (being re-released in a revised hardcover). If you or one of your group already has the original two-book version of the core rules then a PDF is available from Cubicle 7 with updates and revisions to bring it in line with the new edition. I wouldn't worry about acquiring newer suppliments (except perhaps The Darkening of Mirkwood) until your group has some seasoning. Experienced players might be able to handle introducing the Rangers and High Elves of Rivendell during the Darkening of Mirkwood campaign, but I wouldn't introduce those newer Cultures earlier than that.

I would also recommend buying the books either directly from Cubicle 7 or from a store or web-store that is participating in the bits-and-mortar program so that you can get a free PDF of your purchases. I'm pretty sure that Amazon does not participate in that.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jul 4 2015, 9:41pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 5 2015, 5:16am

Post #4 of 7 (10987 views)
Shortcut
Tales from WIlderland hardcover [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm seeing reports at the C7 website that customers are already receiving their pre-ordered copies of the revised, hardcover edition of Tales from Wilderland.

Eruclauron
Bree

Jul 5 2015, 3:01pm

Post #5 of 7 (10966 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the information! I'll make sure to look into those books to get started. I think I saw the Lake-town supplement at my local Barnes and Noble, but I never knew if that was something I should have to play or not, ha-ha. The others though I'll definitely buy from Cubicle 7 for those PDFs. Thanks again!

(This post was edited by Eruclauron on Jul 5 2015, 3:01pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 5 2015, 6:48pm

Post #6 of 7 (10953 views)
Shortcut
Lake-town and Loremaster's Screen [In reply to] Can't Post

If you are going to be the Loremaster (Gamemaster; Dungeon Master) then you probably want the Loremaster's Screen. Also, the core rules do not include the Men of the Lake; if you want to have the Lake-town Culture available to your players then you need that supplement.

Eruclauron
Bree

Jul 5 2015, 6:52pm

Post #7 of 7 (10952 views)
Shortcut
I probably will [In reply to] Can't Post

I probably will be the Loremaster, at least for the first few games, so I'll be sure to get that next time I'm at Barnes and Noble.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.