The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
I have returned from the abyss

MirielCelebel
Rivendell

Jul 1 2015, 1:27pm

Post #1 of 3 (730 views)
Shortcut
I have returned from the abyss Can't Post

The abyss of moving, that it. It has been months since I've posted and since I was living without internet during the release of the final Hobbit film, I missed out on all the good stuff this forum has to offer. I picked up "The Fellowship" written by the Zaleskis and it covers the four main Inkling members (Tolkien, Lewis, Williams, and Barfield). It has inspired me to get back into my own research and writing on Tolkien. I am here to say Hello Again! to everyone on the One Ring forums, and to highly recommend the book to anyone interested in these authors since we all have a vested interest in at least one of them :) I hope to see you all on the boards more often and I apologize for the extended absence. Cheers!

"The Road goes ever on..."

Writing Bliss

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2015, 6:41pm

Post #2 of 3 (693 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back, Miriel! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope your move went smoothly and thanks for the book recommendation! It sounds interesting.Smile

Lord I give you everything, Anything you want from me
Take my past and my future I lay it at your feet
Yeah, I'm after your heart, you've stolen mine
I give you my all 'cause you gave up your life
I'm not who I was simply because, Oh, you set me free

And you change me from what I used to be
Opened my eyes, now I can see
You're making this life so beautiful
So beautiful

~"Beautiful" by Dan Bremnes

tgshaw
The Shire

Jul 2 2015, 11:34am

Post #3 of 3 (654 views)
Shortcut
The Fellowship [In reply to] Can't Post

I just finished reading the Zaleskis' book and was thinking about starting a thread on it. I learned a lot, especially about Owen Barfield since I'd never read a biography of him. Caught a few minor mistakes in the Tolkien material, but nothing major (gnomes are the same as dwarves?). I did disagree with their opinion that Tolkien "wasted" time writing letters after LotR was published. I consider a lot of those letters to be golden and am very glad he wrote them. Sure, some of them are just complaining to his publisher, but then you get a magnificent one that makes them all worthwhile.

(Hope your move went well. I'd say "welcome back" but I'm new here so this is the first time we've met.)

(This post was edited by tgshaw on Jul 2 2015, 11:37am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.