Another "hair" thread? Because ...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Ilmatar
Rohan

Jun 28 2015, 9:03am

Post #26 of 62 (4134 views)
Shortcut
Wow - I don't know what to say!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG Avandel... ShockedShockedShocked I'm just completely floored. Speechless. And hysterically giggling. LaughLaughLaugh

I can't believe - did you just create these (or do you have a huge stash waiting, one for every occasion Angelic)? It's like having a piece, no, two pieces of personalized Durin art! ShockedBlush *bows, grins and dances* If ever anything could have speeded up my recovery, that was it! Feeling SO MUCH better and overwhelmed! SmileSmileSmile

Now must read it again. So wonderful! The concerned Fíli - yes, thank you Óin, many of us here benefit greatly of that Dwarvish medicine and prefer it over the Elvish one Wink - Bilbo quoting Óin's poetry to Thorin - and the chocolaty hair shots HeartHeartHeart, how generous of his Majesty to co-operate like that EvilTongue - "the Fan-gir-iells are all hyperventilating", LOL, at least this one is! Sly

*whispers to Bilbo* As far as I'm concerned, there's NO WAY any fan-gir-iell would not feel remarkably well after that! I suspect there are many people out there wondering why they feel so much BETTER now than a little while ago.... Angelic

Must breathe, I'm grinning so much my face is starting to ache. Cool LOVING Heart these posts. Thank You!!!

Ilmatar
Rohan

Jun 28 2015, 9:28am

Post #27 of 62 (4133 views)
Shortcut
Switching between catatonic and manic... [In reply to] Can't Post

But of course, excessive Thorinitis (and here I was thinking it was bronchitis - well, some -itis or other anyway) - I should have known that Avandel and you, Dr. Kim, could diagnose my case with superior accuracy. Cool

Poor Ilmatar is already in a weakened condition due to excessive Thorinitis, this might cause her to trip right over the edge into a catatonic state. Ilmatar, perhaps you should ease back in with small doses* - we don't want you to have a relapse.

Many thanks for your concern - now that I can form sentences again Tongue I AM feeling a bit light-headed and giddy, but I'm sure it's an improvement! Yes, Thorin images always help, but after seeing this incredible thread I have now recovered like you can't imagine. TongueCoolLaugh

But, but - oh, that collage, I'm not sure that such an intense concentration of marvelous #majesty is exactly what I would call a small dose... Shocked *takes some deep breaths and a sip of that ice water* TongueTongueTongue

This thread Heart has done wonders to my health!
And it seems like the 'net also has a "Thorin for every occasion" (though NOTHING that could compare with the cartoon art we have witnessed here):

(This post was edited by Ilmatar on Jun 28 2015, 9:41am)

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jun 28 2015, 12:25pm

Post #28 of 62 (4117 views)
Shortcut
Ah yes, the Fang-gir-iell Saturn Award salute... [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL - of course, every Fang-gir-iell has one of these stashed in the back of her closet, just in case. Smile
Ummm, right? Blush Blush Blush

Wink Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jun 28 2015, 1:22pm

Post #29 of 62 (4113 views)
Shortcut
Thud! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I just decided to be a professional hypochondriac. Wink

Treatment! I need treatment!!!!
LaughLaughLaugh

Smile Wink HeartHeartHeart

Kim
Valinor

Jun 28 2015, 6:23pm

Post #30 of 62 (4096 views)
Shortcut
Whoops, sorry! [In reply to] Can't Post

But, but - oh, that collage, I'm not sure that such an intense concentration of marvelous #majesty is exactly what I would call a small dose... Shocked *takes some deep breaths and a sip of that ice water* TongueTongueTongue

I forgot about the effects that a concentrated dose could have. Quick thinking with the deep breathing and ice water. Here, is this better?

Evil

Ilmatar
Rohan

Jun 28 2015, 10:52pm

Post #31 of 62 (4079 views)
Shortcut
Overdose of epicness is imminent! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here, is this better?

Gaaah - Kim, you are doing that on purpose! ShockedCrazyTongue

Too... many... EPIC... Thorins... at one glance... I'm not sure if my wavering Tongue health is yet up for this... Must stay strong!
*fortifies herself against relapse with more pillows, cold mineral water and vanilla-orange ice cream*

Whew... That was a close one! Tongue

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just meditate upon this single image of tranquil expression and softly flowing cascade of hair... Cool

(This post was edited by Ilmatar on Jun 28 2015, 10:56pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jun 29 2015, 3:26am

Post #32 of 62 (4067 views)
Shortcut
*Bows and blushes and smiles* and er..... [In reply to] Can't Post

OK, some of those "bubbles" floated to the surface and kept going.....Cool

(Right there with yah, Hilda!Cool)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jun 29 2015, 3:33am

Post #33 of 62 (4063 views)
Shortcut
*grins* - oh, Bard...... [In reply to] Can't Post

I always miss Thorin, too, Thranduil *SQUEEEE*!!!!CoolAngelicEvil

Ilmatar
Rohan

Jun 29 2015, 7:52pm

Post #34 of 62 (4027 views)
Shortcut
By Mahal, this is brilliant! [In reply to] Can't Post

How I wish all local Thorin fans and River travelers here could see this and revel in the knowledge that the Mountain King Heart himself partook in our celebrations! Poor Roäc and his kin crossed my mind as well when writing about that particular Midsummer spell. Tongue And this, "the koko kokko of our hearts" - oh gods, conceptually perfect and linguistically hilarious! LaughLaughLaugh

Balin: "...the time you spent with the sick Fang-gir-iell worked a *miraculous cure*!" Oh yes - the time Thorin spent with me Cool *THUD* Tongue was miraculous indeed, and naturally it's good of Balin to give an official report since I was quite dazed & entranced at the time, tho I will always cherish it. Angelic "What happens in Erebor, stays in Erebor!"

Well of course - Thorin's charm IS a magic charm.

I can ALMOST hear Julie Andrews singing cheery dwarven jingles in Khuzdul... Laugh

Bard, I think that Girion may have had it a little easier in his day. It's quite possible that all the majesty and irresistible appeal of the previous generations of dwarven royalty in Erebor has just CONDENSED and REFINED in the current representatives of the line of Durin. It's unfortunate that you must deal with the consequences... (Bard: "I wish it need not have happened in my time..." Tongue)

I hope we get to see how Thranduil might deal with Thorin this time. Things might get out of hand if he brought his own devoted army along (not speaking of the archers here Cool).

(BTW, don't you think (re: your earlier post) that "Distracted by the Durins" sounds like a catchy title for, say - a collection of Durin-induced fan art, such as these cartoons and so forth, and/or a collection of short stories... I'd buy it. Angelic)

(This post was edited by Ilmatar on Jun 29 2015, 7:56pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jun 30 2015, 12:30am

Post #35 of 62 (4009 views)
Shortcut
Koko kokko! [In reply to] Can't Post

*Bows repeatedly* - so glad I didn't blow the Finnish references, which would not have been clever at allBlushBlushBlush - but now I can't get them out of my mind. Tho, of course, I am not sure my "mental" U.S. pronunciation is anywhere accurate!ShockedShockedShocked

And to be truly fair, I don't think Bard ever tried to *out-smoulder* the Durins. IMO being angry and frustrated is not the same thing as *smouldering* and too, for Thorin it's pretty much a state of beingTongueHeart.....

Image from: http://larygo.tumblr.com/post/122084320036/x

And of course, we see hints of the *bloodline* in the INTENSITY of the Heirs:

Conversely, of course, Thorin's gentler side is simply time to go get the defibrillatorTongueTongueTongue:

I hope we get to see how Thranduil might deal with Thorin this time. Things might get out of hand if he brought his own devoted army along (not speaking of the archers here Cool).

I hope so too! Light and shadow, fire and ice, grace and power, the two kings...and of course, there is endless joy in those two sparking off each other. Not to mention Hair Wars.CoolLaughEvil

Image by Enedhil HeartHeartHeart

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jun 30 2015, 3:23pm

Post #36 of 62 (3988 views)
Shortcut
ROTFL! Genius [In reply to] Can't Post

Another stellar visit with #Majesty and the wind machine.

And who would ever have guessed that the family Von Trapp was really just recreating that epic, never-to-be-forgotten quest of Thorin Oakenshield and Co.? I don't know how it went unnoticed all these years, but this is an historical discovery of Special Magnificence!

Oh my gosh - it's AMAZING! Laugh Laugh Laugh

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 1 2015, 2:24am

Post #37 of 62 (3972 views)
Shortcut
OMG!!!! ROFLOL!!!! *wipes eyes* [In reply to] Can't Post

Bwaaaaaaah!!!!LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

OMG......OMG - the Sound of Music will never be the same, obviously being a *feminized*, watered-down, "G-rated" version of the Hobbit!ShockedShockedShocked

All that fuss about having "girl power" and Tauriel - but it has been there the whole time! I DEMAND and immediate re-dubbing of the Sound of Music in Khuzdul!

(*Snigger - I can only imagine what Thorin would have to say in his Journal, as he chronicles the *infinite* River, being confronted these perky "dwarflettes" singing in dwarvish. Especially since our noble King is so lately recovering from the potions of Lothlorien)

OMG - thank you for this!LaughLaughLaugh.....I feel the first tiny *agitation* of more bubbles - I am sure Thranduil will enjoy meeting Julie Andrews too. After all, elves are all about song...EvilEvilEvil

Cool

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jul 1 2015, 12:10pm

Post #38 of 62 (3955 views)
Shortcut
Ahhhh... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, in the interests of that G rating I had to leave out the really scary stuff...

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 3 2015, 11:17pm

Post #39 of 62 (3903 views)
Shortcut
PS - a Happy *hirsute* 4th of July to all.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Who just can't GET ENOUGH of those sumptuous, satiny, glossy, textural, mind-blowing waterfall cascades that PJ so thoughtfully included in his last three movies (which basically rendered the scripts and even the plot superfluous, really, except many of the voices were so jaw-dropping - but it would have been silly to have Benedict Cumberbatch reading New Zealand phone books for minutes at a timeWinkWinkWink)

Anyway, since the 4th of July in the U.S. is a pretty good excuse to have a massive barbecue (not that we need excuses, as ANY time is a good time for a barbecue and fried foodsTongue) how about some HAIRY IMAGE LARD - mined from the DOS EE Appendices, a fascinating compendium of making the film, and exquisitely jeweled here and there with all-too-fleeting glimpses of Thorin's hair....

Fili and Kili in action....*sigh* there's still time!!!!!EvilEvilEvil

Beautiful Kili....HeartHeartHeart

*Thorin looks on with disapproval as PJ explains about BOFA *cough*EvilEvilEvil

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 3 2015, 11:34pm

Post #40 of 62 (3898 views)
Shortcut
More lard... [In reply to] Can't Post

THIS only had a few seconds in BOFA??? *cries at the memory*Evil

Thorin takes a moment to let the Fang-gir-iells gaze at his flawless profile and fantasize about what his hair smells like (probably cinnamon and cloves and vanilla and autumn leaves and melting sugar and blackberry wine *SQUEEEEEEE*!!!TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue)

Here we see Thorin #Majestically accepting a compliment from PJ on his hair.Angelic

Thranduil being ridiculously flawless and beautiful....TongueTongueTongueHeartHeartHeart

And speaking of ridiculously beautiful, the Fang-gir-iells getting a lovely view of honey-butterscotch rippling locks of the crown prince TongueTongueTongueHeartHeartHeart

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 3 2015, 11:49pm

Post #41 of 62 (3895 views)
Shortcut
And there's more! Because it just wouldn't be a HAIR FINALE without the KING.... [In reply to] Can't Post

These BADASSES!HeartHeartHeart (Thorin's hair is worth the ticket price alone TongueTongueTongue)

What's better than a wet Thorin - a wet smiling Thorin! Why this isn't made into a New Zealand amusement ride.....ShockedUnsure

One of the best scenes we never got....why? Because here, if you watch the Appendices, you can hear Thorin calling for Bilbo *sob*. Just a little character-building moment that MIGHT HAVE BEEN NICE TO SEE.UnsureUnsureUnsure

Still...in the OMG department - well, anyone who's ever walked a stream with a current knows how tough that can be, especially if there are slippery rocks or sediment you are sinking into, so it always occurs to me, once more, how amazing Richard's physical condition is - he's incredible. HeartHeartHeartTongueTongueTongue

Beautiful dwarves....HeartHeartHeart

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 3 2015, 11:58pm

Post #42 of 62 (3896 views)
Shortcut
And finally [In reply to] Can't Post

Because.HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Happy 4th Richard, wherever you are! (hopefully in the U.S. at a barbecue LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh)
And just sayin' LOOK at that SUMPTUOUS mane - no fireworks can compete with that....Cool

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 4 2015, 3:13am

Post #43 of 62 (3875 views)
Shortcut
You're probably right... [In reply to] Can't Post

...celebrating the 4th somewhere near his NY home:

http://inthienthan2011.tumblr.com/...jfk-arport-yesterday

(Looks like the suitcase is weighted down by some award for playing a short guy with what is apparently very, ah, "inspiring" hair...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jul 4 2015, 4:24am

Post #44 of 62 (3866 views)
Shortcut
Many thanks!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

And a happy, hairy 4th to you as well!Cool

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Kim
Valinor

Jul 4 2015, 4:36am

Post #45 of 62 (3865 views)
Shortcut
Thanks muchly for the holiday treat! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank goodness for the bottomless well that never runs dry! Smile

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 4 2015, 4:43pm

Post #46 of 62 (3830 views)
Shortcut
It seems impossible that *the KING* would carry his own suitcase... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil probably finds this amusing.....WinkWinkWink

On the other hand, as *everyone* knows, Richard has an entire army around the world who would be only too happy to carry his suitcase, make him dinner, and take him sightseeing and so on....WinkTongueAngelic

The U.S. imports a LOT of junk, but sometimes we get it right. WinkTongueHeartHeartHeart Thank you for the link - LOL, there goes Richard's anonymity, but still,
he's so classy I can't imagine anyone just grabbing him like a fan recently did to Johnny Depp.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...rates-Caribbean.html

But it might be worth it to get a *smokey* Thorin-glare.TongueEvil

Image credit: Arkenstone HeartHeartHeart

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 4 2015, 4:54pm

Post #47 of 62 (3826 views)
Shortcut
Thank you back! [In reply to] Can't Post

A most SUITABLE thread topic, so you get a wet ThorinTongueHeart:

A Happy 4th to you too! Smile

Ilmatar
Rohan

Jul 4 2015, 6:04pm

Post #48 of 62 (3817 views)
Shortcut
Even more TREASURES have been unearthed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the great pictures (and the accompanying commentary!), delighting also those of us here who have had just an ordinary day. Tongue (In addition to great hair, there are many great SMILES to be seen in those posts - for example, Fíli in his "honey-butterscotch" pic has quite an endearing one. And, of course, Thorin... )

Happy 4th of July! Smile

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 4 2015, 6:08pm

Post #49 of 62 (3818 views)
Shortcut
Well, one day, the well MIGHT run dry ): [In reply to] Can't Post

Although happily, it would seem that Richard Armitage is so BELOVED by the camera, just about every FRAME he is in, is worth preserving as a gallery print.HeartHeartHeart

And so these days became legend, and stories and songs are still sung, of the fierce courage and magnificent HAIR of the Durins with their army of madden'd Fang-gir-iells that vanquished their foes. Cool

And lo! Their great Enemy, who was named the Defiler, had fallen. LiterallyCool.

For Azog the Defiler had failed to considerLaugh, that with the return of the Durins, the Ravens of Legend would also return, and like many birds would seek high places. After all, Ravenhill had been named such for good reason, and even a few hours of residence by the noble birds had rendered the already frost-slick'd rocks of the pinnacles many times more treacherous. And the heavily-armored orcs provided much amusing pecking opportunities for the wise Ravens, especially the yearling ravens who were eager to test their flying skills. (And he-who-we-do-not-name was said to be wroth at the stupidity of his Commander, who had not thought to wear more suitable footwear and/or wear a safety harness.)

It was said, that for many weeks after, not only the ravens, but birds and beasts for miles about, came to the base of Ravenhill to gain sustenance, for winter was coming. By the turn of the Spring and Thorin's coronation, not a trace of orcs remained to foul the newly-green hills of Erebor and Dale except for some rusting bits of armor. (The bits of armor were collected and melted down to make new decorative ironwork for Dale).

The great Thorin Oakenshield chose to accompany his cherished friend back to Bag End, reckoning that after his coronation at Erebor and with the coming Spring, the demands on his time would be great - and nothing in the world would suffer Thorin to have harm come to his Hobbit. The mighty wizard Gandalf also joined the little party West, and so, perhaps predictably, it was a very peaceful journey back to the ShireCool.

Thorin actually seemed to enjoy himself, now that the great weight of reclaiming Erebor had been lifted from his mighty shoulders.Heart

And Bilbo and Thorin celebrated with the Shirefolk on Midsummer's Eve.Heart

Happy 4th, Kim!Smile

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 4 2015, 6:39pm

Post #50 of 62 (3810 views)
Shortcut
*SQUEEE!* Waves at Ilmatar! (: [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the great pictures (and the accompanying commentary!), delighting also those of us here who have had just an ordinary day. Tongue (In addition to great hair, there are many great SMILES to be seen in those posts - for example, Fíli in his "honey-butterscotch" pic has quite an endearing one. And, of course, Thorin... )

Happy 4th of July! Smile

*Waves enthusiastically at Ilmatar!*
Well, you know - I am SUPPOSED to be doing something PRODUCTIVE. Perhaps doing something about the PLETHORA of HAIR from that wafts everywhere from the 4-legged babies or myself *cough*ShockedShockedShockedBlushBlushBlush.

But I got sidetracked AGAINCrazyCrazyCrazy.

(Anyway - I don't get the tape measure hereMad - just put a camera on Thorin, and keep it there...TongueTongueTongue. Seriously, look at that *gorgeous* face.TongueTongueTongue)

*Grins* no day with Thorin is ordinary! (Also, those bonfires you mention sound lovely - don't know if it's the same where you are, but our celebrations - if you are not savvy and don't plan your strategy for possibly very crowded fireworks-viewing - can result in getting stuck in traffic for hours and/or desperately seeking a restroom and/or a drugstore, depending on what stuff you ate....LaughCoolLaugh. There are times you really need to be prepared for those big celebrations shown on TV.CoolLaughShockedCrazy

A Thorin-smile for you!

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.