Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Little scenes that would have been nice....

Eruonen
Half-elven

Jun 28 2015, 5:14am

Post #1 of 13 (1788 views)
Shortcut
Little scenes that would have been nice.... Can't Post

Legolas actually making arrows (he seems to have an inexhaustible supply) until the ice scene.

We did get the little toy making scene with Bifur.

More interior shots of Thranduil's halls as seen from an invisible Bilbo, showing some of the great rooms.

Thorin making a "gold angel" think of a "snow angel"...ok, maybe not.

Smaug torching the exterior of the mountain (which, due to film changes from book we can't see). It could have sent the dwarves scurring back inside.

Others?

AshNazg
Gondor

Jun 28 2015, 11:42am

Post #2 of 13 (1649 views)
Shortcut
Legolas' arrows [In reply to] Can't Post

What bugs me more than Legolas' infinite ammo cheat, is how he keeps those arrows in his quiver? He is literally hanging upside down on a bat at one point and not a single arrow falls out! The magic of elves.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jun 28 2015, 1:20pm

Post #3 of 13 (1609 views)
Shortcut
Legolas' hanging upside down [In reply to] Can't Post

is a magnetic moment! Wink

Boromir looked in surprise at Bilbo, but the laughter died on his lips when he saw that all the others regarded the old hobbit with grave respect. Only Glóin smiled, but his smile came from old memories.
-JRR Tolkien

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 28 2015, 1:22pm

Post #4 of 13 (1608 views)
Shortcut
Smaug smashing the Mountainside [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Smaug torching the exterior of the mountain (which, due to film changes from book we can't see). It could have sent the dwarves scurring back inside.

Well, we could have seen Smaug smashing and burning the side of the Mountain before making for Lake-town (as in the book) but the scene wouldn't be as meaningful in the context of the films where we already just had a big action sequence.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Bishop
Gondor

Jun 28 2015, 3:18pm

Post #5 of 13 (1571 views)
Shortcut
This would only work [In reply to] Can't Post

If Thorin looked dead series while doing it. :)

Thorin making a "gold angel" think of a "snow angel"...ok, maybe not.

Legolas_Shoehorn
Bree

Jun 28 2015, 4:31pm

Post #6 of 13 (1535 views)
Shortcut
DOS: The giant golden Dwarf statue [In reply to] Can't Post

That thing appeared too much out of the blue for me. PJ should have added some additional dialogue during the Lake Town scences. For example: Bilbo sees the master of Lake Town statue and points to it when Thorin and Balin are along with him. And then Thorin could have said something like:

"Master Baggins, you 're impressed by this?! Back in the days, before the dragon attacked our kingdom we were working on a statue. We wanted to call it 'the glory of Thror' ... bla bla bla"

My English is not that good, my Elvish is better ;-)

xxxyyy
Rohan

Jun 28 2015, 5:10pm

Post #7 of 13 (1511 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil's halls... yes [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
More interior shots of Thranduil's halls as seen from an invisible Bilbo, showing some of the great rooms.

Totally agree.
A glimpse of the Feast of Starlight was a big missed chance, in my opinion.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jun 28 2015, 8:03pm

Post #8 of 13 (1444 views)
Shortcut
Scenes in BOT5A? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well many of us agree that more Fili would be nice - I'd love a scene where he reports to Thorin about Bard killing the dragon. More than anything I'd like a close-up on Fili when he says "I'm going over the wall, who's with me?" And then later Fili cutting down an Orc or two before Azog clubs himUnsure

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Jun 28 2015, 8:21pm

Post #9 of 13 (1437 views)
Shortcut
i don't recall that [In reply to] Can't Post

. We did get the little toy making scene with Bifur.

I don't recall that which film was that?

(This post was edited by Barrow-Wight on Jun 28 2015, 8:22pm)

MyWeeLadGimli
Lorien

Jun 28 2015, 9:05pm

Post #10 of 13 (1414 views)
Shortcut
AUJ Appendices [In reply to] Can't Post

It's shown in a featurette for AUJ. It seemed to be in the Misty Mountains cave, right before they were captured by Goblins. It looked like Bifur was working on his toy when the floor opened and everyone fell through, but Bifur's spot opened last, so he just watched the others fall. I think that would have been a funny spot and a nice character moment, so I wish it had been clearer in the movie itself.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jun 30 2015, 7:59pm

Post #11 of 13 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Details [In reply to] Can't Post

1) Seeing the raven arrive at the Iron Hills, and Dain listening in disbelief and then "Right" and striding through a fierce fortress of some kind, rallying the rams and equipment and troops.

2) A scene where Thorin & co. are halfway down from the hidden door and seeing Thorin's face change from grim despair to a kind of desperate hope at hearing Bilbo's voice "come back"....

3) ANY dwarf character building scene, whether between themselves, Bilbo, Thorin, elves...

4) More of the dwarves fighting.

And what happened to Balin's line from a TV spot - "we can not win this fight?" Frown

Eruonen
Half-elven

Jun 30 2015, 8:32pm

Post #12 of 13 (1057 views)
Shortcut
Especially your 2nd point as that scene in DOS was a little unreal [In reply to] Can't Post

All had left Bilbo and were fairly far down the steps, even Thorin (who may have lingered near the top) and could not have heard Bilbo
and suddenly appear when they did. It would have been nice to see their ears perk up and look back up to the hidden door area.

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Jun 30 2015, 8:33pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 3 2015, 6:00pm

Post #13 of 13 (907 views)
Shortcut
Don't we NEED Raddy giving Gandalf HIS STAFF? [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's Hope that Happens..
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.