*THROWS OPEN DOORS* It’s Fiesta Time!!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 26 2015, 4:00pm

Post #1 of 42 (786 views)
Shortcut
*THROWS OPEN DOORS* It’s Fiesta Time!! Can't Post

It’s finally FIESTA FRIDAY!! Our lovely Altaira has been waylaid by RL responsibilities, so I’ve snagged the keys and will tend to the bar today! What would you like to drink?

Tell me about your week, day, thoughts, plots, and coming weekend plans :)

*kicks jukebox* Michael Jackson Medley – Sam Tsui

sample

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #5 1/30/15

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 26 2015, 4:13pm

Post #2 of 42 (732 views)
Shortcut
It's a Saturn Awards Congratulations Fiesta! [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings, gramma! Did you see the news? Last night, BotFA took Best Fantasy Film at the Saturn Awards, and Richard Armitage took Best Supporting Actor! He was on hand to accept both. Smile

It's so nice to see PJ & company get some kudos. Heart

Could I have a frapuccino, please? I've taken the day off from work, and just got home after running errands - more to go, this afternoon. It's nice to have a week-day to get a few things done! Weather is lovely here, hubby and I are thinking of taking a trip out to Block Island (R.I. - 12 miles off the coast, lots of hiking trails) this coming week.

How's it been out your way?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 26 2015, 4:13pm

Post #3 of 42 (738 views)
Shortcut
Happy Friday Gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

I got the deck stained, literally in between the raindrops. Eating blueberries as I pass by bushes! I also scored another columnar apple tree at a closeout sale: poor little Charlie Brown thing, but hard to beat for $8. Intense TLC will have it in good shape by next year. I may go trolling for more sales today...and no, I DON'T know where I am going to put it, those of whom will ask. Laugh

Tallest Dwarf Prince now has a LEARNER'S PERMIT. Unimpressed But who am I kidding about being stressed. He's going the Neil Armstrong route of having his pilot's license before his driver license anyway. *thump* But I'm so very proud of him.

Work tomorrow, then hoping Sunday can be a rare (ULTRArare!) family day when we are all home at the same time.

I'm pouring cold coffee in travel mug and whooshing. Have a great weekend Gramma, and all!

(This post was edited by Brethil on Jun 26 2015, 4:15pm)

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 26 2015, 4:14pm

Post #4 of 42 (728 views)
Shortcut
Love Block Island! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have fun if you go, D! We used to boat out there at least once a year.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 26 2015, 4:16pm

Post #5 of 42 (726 views)
Shortcut
No! I didn't see that! AWESOME! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

How GREAT is that!? I'm so glad Richard was there to receive the kudos. He REALLY REALLY deserves it :)

I hope you have a great weekend and OOODLES of fun running errands ;)

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 26 2015, 4:19pm

Post #6 of 42 (726 views)
Shortcut
Big time congrats to your youngster! [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course you'd be nervous, but what a wonderful achievement! Well done!

I love that you're picking up trees that are distresses (poor Charlie Brown) and giving them a great life. That's what I like to do, too. I planted a tree for my Sister this past Spring, and it's struggling.... but determined! ;)

Have a wonderful weekend, and don't work too hard!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 26 2015, 4:33pm

Post #7 of 42 (722 views)
Shortcut
Hey, gramma! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Will probably have a mostly quiet weekend here, as usual (and just as I like it :) ).

I'll have a Spring/Summer Usual, please; thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend, too, gramma! *hugs* :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jun 26 2015, 4:34pm

Post #8 of 42 (733 views)
Shortcut
Got home last night from working out-of-town [In reply to] Can't Post

I beat the thunderstorm by about 5 minutes and ended up in the torrential downpour but on the right side of the Bay instead of on the bridge. It's...exhilarating to say the least, going over that bridge with the wind and the rain whipping around. I really lucked out this time and didn't have to experience that thrill.

It was, however, an "thrilling" visit to the Eastern Shore. I barely made it into town, pulled into the Wendy's parking lot to grab a late dinner and my van was hit by a young woman just getting off work. She is the same age as my daughter and I just couldn't be mad at her. She was so upset at what happened on top of the bad day she had already had that she couldn't talk through the tears. I ended up on the phone with her mom for the insurance stuff. Poor kid. Car is drivable (thank goodness) but not water tight. That first night brought some very intense thunderstorms making the passenger side seat soggy and prompting a warning from the front desk clerk as to where to go in the event of a tornado. All that before I even stepped into the pharmacy the next day.

Tonight is my son's Eagle Board of Review. I may be more nervous than him. Not sure yet. Any extra good thoughts, prayers and karma sent his way is much appreciated. He's had an uphill battle.

So, given the last few days, I think I'll have stiff highball with a side of Xanax. Cheers!

_

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 26 2015, 4:38pm

Post #9 of 42 (729 views)
Shortcut
One of my favorite events tonight [In reply to] Can't Post

Every year, several large sculptures are placed around town. They are the result of the work of a non-profit that raises money for artists to create the sculptures, and it's free for everyone to enjoy them. Tonight's party is a kick-off event where we see the sculptures all together and get a chance to meet the artists.

Anyone who lives in and visits Chicago, please try to see all the amazing art that this group brings us. It's the Chicago Sculpture Exhibit.

Today is a gloomy, chilly day for midsummer, but at least it's the weekend! I'll have a nice crisp glass of white wine, please :)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 26 2015, 4:38pm

Post #10 of 42 (721 views)
Shortcut
Whoop! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats to the Tallest Dwarf Prince - as long as he doesn't "fly low", he'll be fine! Wink

Weren't those storms something else? A couple of the towns near us had microbursts - trees and telephone poles sheared off and shredded about 10 feet above the ground.

Have fun doing the "good" kind of "trolling"! Laugh

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 26 2015, 4:41pm

Post #11 of 42 (719 views)
Shortcut
Hi, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

A quiet weekend sounds nice...enjoy the sunshine! Cool

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 26 2015, 4:43pm

Post #12 of 42 (720 views)
Shortcut
Hey Evey!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I LOVE it when it's quiet! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! :D

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 26 2015, 4:44pm

Post #13 of 42 (717 views)
Shortcut
Thanks; you, too! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 26 2015, 4:45pm

Post #14 of 42 (717 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 26 2015, 4:49pm

Post #15 of 42 (720 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh geez! There's WAY too much for you to be dealing with! WOW! Any ONE of those would be enough! I'm so glad you didn't jump on that poor worker. It's tough when you see how devastated someone is when something like this happens. You've showed your Quality, fresher!

BEST OF LUCK to your Son tonight! I will certainly be shooting my prayers, positive thoughts and vibes his way... and yours! BE CAREFUL!

I'm just so glad everyone AND YOU are alright! *huggles*

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 26 2015, 4:52pm

Post #16 of 42 (716 views)
Shortcut
Oh! Excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember (which doesn't happen often ;) you talking about this before! I really hope the weather holds up for it... and for you! Just to be able to do a walk-about and enjoy the city and the artwork sounds so great!

Have fun, and stay warm/dry/comfy/relaxed!!! :)

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 26 2015, 4:56pm

Post #17 of 42 (716 views)
Shortcut
Oh, no! [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel badly for the car damage (I hope it's easily repaired), but more so for the poor kid who hit you. Unsure

Best of wishes for your son - let us know how it goes! Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 26 2015, 4:58pm

Post #18 of 42 (712 views)
Shortcut
That event sounds like fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Let us know if there's some art in particular which astounds you! Cool

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 26 2015, 4:59pm

Post #19 of 42 (711 views)
Shortcut
**HANGS OUT SELF-SERVE SIGN** Have a wonderful weekend, everyone :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Jun 26 2015, 5:19pm

Post #20 of 42 (714 views)
Shortcut
Just back from seeing Jurassic World [In reply to] Can't Post

Not a life changing movie, but good action packed fun. Even if the dinosaurs didn't have feathers!

Our extension build has gotten underway, so we will be living in chaos for a few months. Living room and bedroom are finished rooms so at least we have a haven from the mess. Hoping the main kitchen extension will be functional, if not finished, in time for us to host Christmas.

Now I think I will sit by the bar with a nice cold cider and catch up on ToRN.

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 26 2015, 5:56pm

Post #21 of 42 (703 views)
Shortcut
Oh sheesh! I hate that *impact* sound... [In reply to] Can't Post

Not a great day for anyone but at least it was small and not an injury crash. NOT good not to be watertight these days in the east coast!!!!!! You'd better drive with a bailing bucket.

There were small tornadoes in the next county I think. We had that weird 'greenish' tornado (not the good kind either) sky for a while.

Good vibes sent Son's way for the Review board. Angelic

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 26 2015, 6:01pm

Post #22 of 42 (698 views)
Shortcut
Yes what a week for weather! [In reply to] Can't Post

As I said to DI, we had weird greenish skies for a bit. We went out to get takeout the one night of bad T-storms, and had such a great, just astounding moment: as we rounded the nearby lake, the red sun was setting in silvery clouds, JUST as the sweet and haunting sounds of Track 11 (The Leave Taking) on TTT soundtrack came on...and then a wide rainbow appeared, arcing through and over it all.

Whoa.Cool

TDP said quietly, maybe you should head that way, it looks like Valinor is over there.

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 26 2015, 6:03pm

Post #23 of 42 (696 views)
Shortcut
Sending growing thoughts to your Sis's tree, Gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

(((((((((AngelicHeart)))))))))

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 26 2015, 9:19pm

Post #24 of 42 (678 views)
Shortcut
*dusts off bottle of Old Wynyards* [In reply to] Can't Post

The sun's over the yard-arm somewhere in the world, right?

I've just finished 12 days of working, thanks to that storm last weekend. The same system that brought heavy snow to Southland and floods to the South Island's West Coast moved up the country to inundate the lower North Island. Three regions - including mine - went into states of emergency as floods and landslides played merry hell with towns and roads. Up where I am got hit hard, but nowhere near as badly as the areas south did. Now we're back to ordinary cold winter and I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend with little to do other than watch the Super Rugby semi-finals tonight. Oh, and get further into Ufthak's book - he's an entertaining storyteller!

Happy end of the week, everyone. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 26 2015, 9:28pm

Post #25 of 42 (672 views)
Shortcut
I thought you might be busy [In reply to] Can't Post

What a horrible mess. Unsure
Enjoy a well deserved break.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.