The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Lord of the Rings RPG forums?

banaili
Bree

Jun 23 2015, 10:54pm

Post #1 of 6 (1548 views)
Shortcut
Lord of the Rings RPG forums? Can't Post

Does anyone know of an active Lord of the Rings RPG forum? I'm talking about something like on Proboards/JCink/Invisionfree/etc. It's been a while since I was able to roleplay out Lord of the Rings with other fans in such a setting, and I've been wanting desperately to write with other fans in such a place! (I'd do so here on TORN, but I'm looking for a long-term site where I can actually devote myself to one of the canon characters! Heart) If anyone knows of such a site, I would be eternally grateful to hear your recommendation!

Thanks! Smile (Hope you've all been well!)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 24 2015, 12:22am

Post #2 of 6 (1531 views)
Shortcut
MERP? [In reply to] Can't Post

There are probably still active forums for the old MERP game, but I can't say for sure. You mean tabletop RPGs and not the online game, right?

I frequent the TOR boards at the Cubicle 7 website, but the setting for that game is still in the years between the Battle of Five Armies and The War of the Ring.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jun 24 2015, 12:24am)

banaili
Bree

Jun 24 2015, 12:41am

Post #3 of 6 (1526 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps not quite the same... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey there, thanks for your swift reply!

Actually, what I meant is a forum-style RP. Have you heard of Jcink or Proboards? They're different forum host sites, and a lot of people do roleplaying there, where you can write out scenes with other writers for your favorite characters in different fandoms. I hoped to see if anyone on here might know of an active LotR RP like that, because I've checked a lot of the roleplay directories for such boards and have had no luck in finding one. Unsure

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 24 2015, 12:08pm

Post #4 of 6 (1500 views)
Shortcut
I don't use those... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I think that I know what you mean. My wife participates in on-line Hannibal role-play as Dr. Gideon.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

banaili
Bree

Jun 24 2015, 2:40pm

Post #5 of 6 (1493 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Right! That's probably something similar if she is playing a specific canon character on the board! That's the sort of thing I'm looking for. I'm used to RPs hosted on Jcink, Proboards, or Invisionfree forums mainly, but I'd be open to other forums, too. I just want to be able to devote myself to one of Tolkien's characters and explore the character in-depth. I don't like the roleplay style where you switch off playing different characters and don't get to properly spend time learning about and understanding one specific character. For me, that's such an important part of the writing experience - growing alongside your character. Hopefully someone else here might know of an active forum RPG though! Thanks so much for your thoughts nonetheless! Smile

Donry
Tol Eressea

Jun 24 2015, 8:38pm

Post #6 of 6 (1475 views)
Shortcut
If you go... [In reply to] Can't Post

to the Barliman's Chatroom on this site, there are a few folks there who are involved with RPG....you might want to venture in there and ask around.....

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Twitter - @DonryFetor
FB - https://www.facebook.com/donryfetortheouthouse
Instagram - donryfetor
Blog - donryfetorsouthouse.wordpress.com

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.