The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I've been away a while...

Oin's parasite
Rivendell

Jun 23 2015, 8:03pm

Post #1 of 3 (660 views)
Shortcut
I've been away a while... Can't Post

And all I can say is WOW! I haven't checked this forum since before BOFTA came out. The slew of topics still being discussed is awesome! This forum was part of my life every day for two years more or less, and it's good to be back. I will no doubt be sifting through these many interesting threads in the coming days!

(You guys still rock)
- The Parasite as big as your arm

"I've got parasites as big as my arm!"

AshNazg
Gondor

Jun 23 2015, 9:55pm

Post #2 of 3 (578 views)
Shortcut
Natural question, what did you think of BoFA? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Oin's parasite
Rivendell

Jun 24 2015, 9:35pm

Post #3 of 3 (389 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think of it as a bad film, in fact it's pretty good by general standards. It's also impossible for me to dislike a film if middle Earth is the subject matter.

That being said; it's not the finale we deserve.

The main issue in all 3 of these films is distribution. And what I mean by that is that the wrong stuff gets too much focus.

Tauriel is fine. Alfred is funny. The elves are well done. The love story is alright...but they all get too much time. If you made these films longer and gave that extra time to the outstanding qualities of the films and you have a trilogy on par with Rings.

For every Alfrid scene give us THREE dwarf ones. For every Tauriel/Legoas scene give us FIVE little things with Bilbo. Give more focus to want we want.

So yeah...while not perfect I still enjoyed it. I'm almost certain the Extended Cut will be a better film because it will help with the distribution of what matters.

"I've got parasites as big as my arm!"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.