Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I posted this like seven year ago but... the Balrog hath returned.

Nomad
Forum Admin

Jun 18 2015, 6:49pm

Post #1 of 10 (419 views)
Shortcut
I posted this like seven year ago but... the Balrog hath returned. Can't Post

I just returned from the restroom and I have a story to tell... a story about a man... the man who walked out as I was walking in... actually a story about the smell that assaulted me upon entry which surely must have come from that man.

Were it not for the incinerating fires of Melkor's malice and hatred which clothed the mightly Gothmog in his evil glory, the gaseous emissions of that Lord of Balrogs were they to escape the flames mayhap could rival the stench of which I speak. Were the belchings of darkness and death within Torech Ungol gathered together and put into a phial concentrate, they might have attained unto the vileness I have experienced. Nay the heady vapours of the Dead Marshes in comparison are like unto the gardens of Fimbrethil, or the perfumes of the blossoms of Nimloth. I speak of a malodorous air beyond comprehension; a noisome rottenness the likes of which could not have come from mere mortal man. Perhaps he was not of this world. Perhaps he was... no; the horror of this memory haunts me and I will speak of it no longer. I must try to purge my mind of it lest it drive me to vomit in my mouth... again.

Ettelewen
Rohan

Jun 18 2015, 7:06pm

Post #2 of 10 (385 views)
Shortcut
Applause! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well done, Nomad.

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jun 18 2015, 7:06pm

Post #3 of 10 (388 views)
Shortcut
>>> [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaugh

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

(This post was edited by Elarie on Jun 18 2015, 7:07pm)

Morthoron
Gondor

Jun 19 2015, 1:38pm

Post #4 of 10 (330 views)
Shortcut
I believe the word you're looking for is "Bowelrog" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Please visit my blog...The Dark Elf File...a slighty skewed journal of music and literary comment, fan-fiction and interminable essays.

Nomad
Forum Admin

Jun 19 2015, 1:47pm

Post #5 of 10 (327 views)
Shortcut
+1 // [In reply to] Can't Post

Annael
Immortal

Jun 19 2015, 4:07pm

Post #6 of 10 (321 views)
Shortcut
nice to see you again oh Metal one [In reply to] Can't Post

and you make me glad, once again, that I don't have to deal with men's restrooms.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Nomad
Forum Admin

Jun 19 2015, 4:38pm

Post #7 of 10 (313 views)
Shortcut
Indeed... Nice to see you too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jun 20 2015, 11:43am

Post #8 of 10 (290 views)
Shortcut
perfect post is perfect [In reply to] Can't Post

SlySlySlySlySlySlySlySlySlySlySlySlySlySly

keep calm and open paddock 9

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

Member of Manure Movers Local 101, Raptor Wranglers & Rehab, and Night Fury Trainers Assoc. Owned by several cats.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jun 20 2015, 9:32pm

Post #9 of 10 (275 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I don't know [In reply to] Can't Post

you make me glad, once again, that I don't have to deal with men's restrooms.

I've dealt with things that have had me backing out of women's restrooms at impressive speeds - must be the 'ol survival instincts kicking in since at those critical moments I don't even need to make use of eyesight or hearing- just some instinctive use of feet, but there are appalling horrors in life that you just don't forget even years later.Unimpressed

However, I am glad I tripped over this post, as verily, I never thought to wax eloquently about such experiences, never thought to ascribe an epic narrative to the life-changing event - and so, when the next eye- and nose- searing atrocity is witnessed, perhaps I will set it in verse....

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jun 21 2015, 12:39am

Post #10 of 10 (265 views)
Shortcut
And then of course... [In reply to] Can't Post

who could forget when this was making the rounds on the internet? LaughLaughLaugh

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.