The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 12 2015, 9:58pm

Post #26 of 33 (232 views)
Shortcut
Yes, when I stand straight, I feel like I'm angling to the right. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's such an odd feeling!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 12 2015, 10:00pm

Post #27 of 33 (230 views)
Shortcut
My sister had a rotater cuff injury. [In reply to] Can't Post

She eventually had to have surgery on it - I wouldn't wish that injury on anyone. I'm glad your shoulder got better. :)

I've got my first hands-on session with the physio in a fortnight - can't wait!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jun 12 2015, 11:43pm)

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2015, 10:15pm

Post #28 of 33 (229 views)
Shortcut
Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

I found out that my left hip is angled up and forward from carrying kids/laundry/sundry things on my left hip while trying to do something else with my right hand. Now I have arthritis in my lower back and the muscles were actually shorter on the one side. Once I got them stretched out again, I could sleep and wake up without pain. I don't think I've had that for almost 10 years.

I'm so glad you found out what was wrong. It does make an incredible difference!

_

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Dwarewien
Rohan

Jun 12 2015, 10:20pm

Post #29 of 33 (237 views)
Shortcut
I'm going to Jurassic World too... [In reply to] Can't Post

but unfortunately, not until Sunday, since I couldn't acquire the helicopter until then (sorry, couldn't resist. I've never even been in an airplane let alone a helicopter, and I haven't been on a ferry in years). I'm totally psyched that we get to go back to Isla Nublar, the island of the original park (finally, how dare they make us wait 22 years for that, even though I've never seen the original in theaters. It's not that I was too young when it first came out, I just wasn't into movies like this back then). I'm planning on wearing this shirt that I bought recently on eBay:

http://www.ebay.ca/...;hash=item233cb0406c

It came just in time, on Wednesday. I've been into the Jurassic Park films on and off since '97, when The Lost World came out. Falling asleep tomorrow night is going to be a tad tricky, since it will be like the day before vacation. I just saw the TV spot on television that says "Welcome to Jurassic World" over and over again. Pretty creepy.Smile

On another note, it's sad that Christopher Lee passed, since I thought he did an excellent job as Saruman in both the LotR and Hobbit movies, and got a chance to meet Tolkien in person. The only other movie I've seen him in is a James Bond movie called The Man with the Golden Gun. He must have been about 30 or 40 when that movie was made.Unsure

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Jun 12 2015, 10:28pm

Post #30 of 33 (235 views)
Shortcut
Prepare to be terrified..saw it last night [In reply to] Can't Post

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2015, 11:13pm

Post #31 of 33 (228 views)
Shortcut
I remember taking my Girl Scouts to a Victorian Tea Room [In reply to] Can't Post

down in Washington somewhere. We had a great time, I almost (almost!) got the recipe for fantastic scones out of her and she taught the girls how to swoon.

So maybe I'll just swoon.

The 5th graders do feel like rock stars going through the halls. My daughter was so excited she zoomed right past us but we managed to catch up with her outside. A good ending to a good year. I'm glad to be out of there though. It's time.

_

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Kim
Valinor

Jun 13 2015, 4:08am

Post #32 of 33 (223 views)
Shortcut
Raises a glass [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll raise my glass of strawberry lemonade to celebrate a long life well lived.

We've been enjoying warm sunny weather again this week, so have been enjoying that a lot - lots of nice walks, hanging out at the beach and reading, around another busy work week. Also planning to see Jurassic Park (in 3D IMAX!) tomorrow night, then my brother gets into town on Sunday for the week, so I'm sure we'll have some outings. However, he is prepared for me to abandon him Sunday night to watch the Game of Thrones season finale LOL. Cool

Kim
Valinor

Jun 13 2015, 4:11am

Post #33 of 33 (220 views)
Shortcut
Good grief! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm exhausted just reading all this! Hope you make it through the rest and land in a nice soft place when it's all done. Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.