The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Christopher Lee tribute in BOFA EE?

Thrain II
Lorien

Jun 11 2015, 1:22pm

Post #1 of 18 (1692 views)
Shortcut
Christopher Lee tribute in BOFA EE? Can't Post

Do you think we will see a tribute to this legend in the EE, or this sad news came too late into production? Frown

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Jun 11 2015, 1:27pm

Post #2 of 18 (1629 views)
Shortcut
I hope [In reply to] Can't Post

but only if Andrew Lesnie is also tribute. They both deserve it.

Thrain II
Lorien

Jun 11 2015, 1:37pm

Post #3 of 18 (1610 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

there will be for Andrew for sure, I just hope they somehow squeeze something about Sir Lee too.

AshNazg
Gondor

Jun 11 2015, 1:37pm

Post #4 of 18 (1612 views)
Shortcut
At the very least [In reply to] Can't Post

He'll get a mention in the commentary, if it hasn't already been recorded. They'll certainly discuss Andrew Lesnie.

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Jun 11 2015, 1:38pm)

CathrineB
Rohan

Jun 11 2015, 1:38pm

Post #5 of 18 (1610 views)
Shortcut
Damnit BotfA... [In reply to] Can't Post

This EE is just going be one long heartbreaking tribute for both the fictional and real Unimpressed
Well that's dramatic, but yeah I'm sure there'll be tribute for these fantastic men Heart

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 11 2015, 2:15pm

Post #6 of 18 (1543 views)
Shortcut
Agreed, Catherine. Well said too. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
This EE is just going be one long heartbreaking tribute for both the fictional and real Unimpressed
Well that's dramatic, but yeah I'm sure there'll be tribute for these fantastic men Heart

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jun 11 2015, 4:27pm

Post #7 of 18 (1436 views)
Shortcut
I hope... [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope they include a tribute for any and all LOTR/Hobbit actors/cast who have passed away in recent months. Honestly, if they don't have time for anything else, I think the least they could do would be an "In memoriam" slide show of pictures of the people while "The Last Goodbye" plays in the background. That would be perfect and very touching, IMO.Evil

Lord I give you everything, Anything you want from me
Take my past and my future I lay it at your feet
Yeah, I'm after your heart, you've stolen mine
I give you my all 'cause you gave up your life
I'm not who I was simply because, Oh, you set me free

And you change me from what I used to be
Opened my eyes, now I can see
You're making this life so beautiful
So beautiful

~"Beautiful" by Dan Bremnes

CathrineB
Rohan

Jun 11 2015, 5:40pm

Post #8 of 18 (1363 views)
Shortcut
! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I hope they include a tribute for any and all LOTR/Hobbit actors/cast who have passed away in recent months. Honestly, if they don't have time for anything else, I think the least they could do would be an "In memoriam" slide show of pictures of the people while "The Last Goodbye" plays in the background. That would be perfect and very touching, IMO.Evil

In memorian of men and steeds! Heart

redgiraffe
Rohan

Jun 12 2015, 12:47pm

Post #9 of 18 (1011 views)
Shortcut
sad face [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
but only if Andrew Lesnie is also tribute. They both deserve it.

OMG, you just reminded me how sad this is. I just realized we lost both Lee and Lesnie in the same year.

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jun 12 2015, 1:23pm

Post #10 of 18 (992 views)
Shortcut
It's 'Sir Christopher' [In reply to] Can't Post

'Sir Ian', 'Sir Thomas' and so on – never 'Sir [the surname]'.

In Reply To
there will be for Andrew for sure, I just hope they somehow squeeze something about Sir Lee too.

Tongue

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Jun 12 2015, 1:23pm)

dormouse
Half-elven

Jun 12 2015, 2:12pm

Post #11 of 18 (965 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure they will if they can.... [In reply to] Can't Post

There are tributes to individuals on the disks of the previous films, some amounting to a special mention in the credits some more substantial - I'm thinking particularly of the section on Cameron Duncan on the Return of the King EE. This seems to be something Peter Jackson makes a point of doing so I'm sure he wouldn't deliberately overlook Andrew Lesnie or Christopher Lee. But we don't know how deep into production the disks are - if it isn't already too late, then I'm sure they will add something.

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2015, 2:20pm

Post #12 of 18 (963 views)
Shortcut
Was a date already announced for the release of this last EE? [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been a while since I visited these Boards, I probably missed all the announcements...! Blush

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2015, 2:29pm

Post #13 of 18 (967 views)
Shortcut
Tribute by Elijah Wood/Frodo [In reply to] Can't Post

Elijah Wood ✔ @woodelijah
An extraordinary man and life lead, Sir Christopher Lee. You were an icon, and a towering human being with stories for days. We'll miss you. 7:51 PM - 11 Jun 2015

(Seen tonight on ARTSBEAT...)

dormouse
Half-elven

Jun 12 2015, 3:07pm

Post #14 of 18 (941 views)
Shortcut
Hello, good to see you again! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think there has been an official announcement. If there has, then I've missed it too!

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2015, 3:17pm

Post #15 of 18 (938 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the warm welcome, and... [In reply to] Can't Post

... let's still wait patiently then...! *sigh*

At least this may give them yet the possibility to include something about both Andrew Lesnie and Sir Christopher... I'm prepared to wait a little longer if that's the case...

AshNazg
Gondor

Jun 12 2015, 4:48pm

Post #16 of 18 (920 views)
Shortcut
Tribute by Peter Jackson [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/...ee/10153256069616558

Beautifully written

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jun 12 2015, 5:46pm

Post #17 of 18 (883 views)
Shortcut
Lovely – thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

I like some of the comments below PJ's tribute, too.

I think I remember Christopher Lee talking about how important his appearance in the ME films was for him. I don't think this was just a 'promotional' statement – LotR genuinely meant a lot to him, and from memory I believe he read the books every year. (Not sure about the Hobbit.)

It is a wonder to me that he was not knighted sooner, given his service to our country during the Second World War, as well as his many years of screen work (and given how readily some people, who do not even appear to contribute a great deal to anything, appear to be honoured these days).

In Reply To

squiggle
Rivendell

Jun 12 2015, 10:49pm

Post #18 of 18 (802 views)
Shortcut
Saruman of Middle Earth [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
For alot and most people, Christopher Lee will remain firstly as Saruman of Middle Earth Smile

In Reply To
I think I remember Christopher Lee talking about how important his appearance in the ME films was for him. I don't think this was just a 'promotional' statement – LotR genuinely meant a lot to him,

(This post was edited by squiggle on Jun 12 2015, 10:50pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.