Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Okay, who watched "Hannibal" last night?
Poll: Okay, who watched "Hannibal" last night?
I've watched it from the beginning
I started watching this season
I'll wait until Richard is on the show
I want to watch it, but I'm afraid
I will NOT watch this show
View Results (30 votes)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jun 5 2015, 2:00pm

Post #1 of 9 (1271 views)
Shortcut
Okay, who watched "Hannibal" last night? Can't Post

I did, first time I've seen it. Can't say that I cared much for it - the filming style was very artistic, but the time jumping was very jarring and I'm sorry, but Mads is a little hard for me to understand. BUT I will still watch it next week, at least the FBI will be in which should be more interesting. My biggest question from last night's episode is, what is up with Bedelia? Is she CRAZY??? I think she must be, LOL! Maybe someone who has watched the show can explain, would really appreciate it.Cool

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jun 5 2015, 10:52pm

Post #2 of 9 (1224 views)
Shortcut
I thought about it [In reply to] Can't Post

but in the end just really didn't want to. I think I'll wait for the first episode that RA is in and give it a try and see if I can handle it.

Kim
Valinor

Jun 6 2015, 3:02am

Post #3 of 9 (1215 views)
Shortcut
I did [In reply to] Can't Post

I checked the option that I've watching since the beginning, but not as it aired. I binge watched once I heard that Richard was going to be in it so that I would know the characters and what was going on by the time his episodes start. As you say, it's very artistic, but yes, can be hard to watch. The time jumping was a new feature last night, and yes, a little hard to follow. And I too have some issues with Mads' accent that make him a little hard to understand. As for Bedelia, that is the question everyone is asking - we actually haven't ever been very clear on what's going on in her head up until this point, so this was a lot of new territory. We knew that she had killed one of her patients (in self defense), that Hannibal had helped her afterwards, and that she was his therapist, but we never really knew if she was aware of his "activities" and who's side she was on. That's what these first episodes are focused on.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jun 6 2015, 2:28pm

Post #4 of 9 (1201 views)
Shortcut
Well she knows now, doesn't she? [In reply to] Can't Post

Her "not wanting to eat anything with a central nervous system" is pretty telling, and her bag was packed up and she was ready to leave. Hannibal did ask her "what would you have me do?" when he let the guy go the first time. Yeah, I think she knew, and at that moment she would rather leave than watch what Hannibal would do. I'd say she's in big trouble now, but we'll see.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 7 2015, 5:14am

Post #5 of 9 (1178 views)
Shortcut
None of the above? [In reply to] Can't Post

The questionnaire is oddly constructed. I've seen some of the show but haven't been a regular watcher.
My wife and I tuned into the season premiere. Tayna has been watching regularly and she wonders if we have a Jacksonian contradiction with the show's timeline for the torture and death of Dr. Gideon. She insists that the implication in the second season is that Hannibal kidnaps and kills Gideon in a matter of a few days or so, but the new flashbacks seem to indicate that this happened over a matter of weeks.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jun 7 2015, 2:28pm

Post #6 of 9 (1165 views)
Shortcut
Sorry 'bout that! [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't think about an "occasional viewer." I guess since your wife watches regularly that no. 1 is as good a vote as any. And thanks for telling me who that poor soul was, that's being fed his own leg, ewwwww!Frown Care to share the backstory with me?

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jun 8 2015, 6:24pm

Post #7 of 9 (1110 views)
Shortcut
it keeps appearing [In reply to] Can't Post

on my tumblr feed....

and I'm like....

ShockedCrazyPirateShocked

nope, train to nopeville.... not my bag...

would rather have something positive...

though I have ehard that horror writers are the nicest happiest people ever.... maybe they hash out their inner demons in their writing, while the rest of us....

bwaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Beleg Strongbow Cuthalion
Bree

Jun 9 2015, 3:36pm

Post #8 of 9 (1076 views)
Shortcut
My parents did last night [In reply to] Can't Post

and I did for a while. I got bored after a while, though, and wandered off.Unsure

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jun 22 2015, 4:54pm

Post #9 of 9 (970 views)
Shortcut
Beginning to wonder if I'll make it [In reply to] Can't Post

to RA's debut - I'm just not caring much for this show! Guess I'm used to "Criminal Minds," which has a faster pace & I don't question the sanity of the FBI agents. Will Graham, I just gotta wonder about you!Crazy I like the new character Chiyoh, but could care less about Bedelia and how she'll navigate her way out of whatever it is she's gotten herself into. If you're stupid/crazy enough to hang out with a guy that literally has people over for dinner, then whatever you get you deserve. Yeah it's gruesome, but that part doesn't bother me too much - in fact it's kind of getting old. I just need them to pick up the pace a bit, before I get too bored & lose interest.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.