Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Deleted Footage from Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings (1978)

Faleel
Rohan

Jun 2 2015, 9:18pm

Post #1 of 5 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Deleted Footage from Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings (1978) Can't Post

A while back there was a bunch of deleted footage from Ralph Bakshi's LOTR on his website, now they seem to have disappeared, does anyone know what happened?

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jun 3 2015, 8:07pm

Post #2 of 5 (1468 views)
Shortcut
Got deleted? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Beleg Strongbow Cuthalion
Bree

Jun 9 2015, 4:35pm

Post #3 of 5 (1351 views)
Shortcut
Wait, I never knew that!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've watched Bakshi's LOTR but never knew anything about deleted scenes! That's interesting!

~"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” ― Gandalf the Grey~

AshNazg
Gondor

Jun 9 2015, 4:38pm

Post #4 of 5 (1358 views)
Shortcut
Here's some links... [In reply to] Can't Post

Deleted Footage 1: https://youtu.be/jvpebvBMjTg

Deleted Footage 2: https://youtu.be/HzsJO1XIRls

Bakshi wanted to show the fight with the Balrog as a flashback. To communicate to the audience that it was a flashback he changed to a more stylised aesthetic. I really wish a kickstarted could be set-up to convince Bakshi to do a LotR part 2. I think lots of people would want to see that.

lonelymountainhermit
Lorien

Jun 9 2015, 11:47pm

Post #5 of 5 (1335 views)
Shortcut
yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

I was always curious how a part two would have turned out. Especially if he includes "The Scouring of the Shire". That was one of the most harmful omissions from the PJ version.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.