Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Why Peter Jackson omitted Thorin's Funeral?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Jun 3 2015, 3:08pm

Post #51 of 52 (371 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

I get the feeling Bugs Bunny wouldn't stand a chance in today's Warner Brothers set up. Too sharp, too witty, too original. He'd be out on his ear.

In Reply To
But I really get the sense that WB has no clue what their audiences want or what is beneficial for their productions. I'm not just talking about The Hobbit here, but in the last few years WB has made a lot of poor decisions and messed up a lot of their own films as well as miss-marketed films and even messed up their video games.

I really have no faith in the studio. Instead of accepting that each project is unique and has its own audience with its own requirements, WB tries to target everything at everyone, using the same tried and tested schemes, and then ignores what their audience actually wants, prioritising what makes the most money over what creates the best quality or most satisfying product. Mad

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

Bishop
Gondor

Jun 3 2015, 5:45pm

Post #52 of 52 (335 views)
Shortcut
Sure sure [In reply to] Can't Post

The link cued up here. The joke Jackson makes about "stunned silence" toward the end of the segment.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.