No
View Results (41 votes)

Annael
Immortal

Mar 1 2015, 3:35pm

Post #26 of 35 (2537 views)
Shortcut
I play my vocal cords [In reply to] Can't Post

I sing in a couple of choirs and I'm often a soloist. Years of training.

I love, love, LOVE singing. It's a huge part of my life, always has been since I was 4 years old.

I can plunk the piano a bit. I like that too but wish I was better.

Starglass
Rivendell

Mar 1 2015, 4:58pm

Post #27 of 35 (2524 views)
Shortcut
A few instruments! [In reply to] Can't Post

My mom taught me piano when I was pretty young and I still play it now for fun. I learned violin in 4th grade and played it all the way through high school. I also played a handful of percussion instruments in high school (drums, marimba, xylophone etc.)

However, my favorite instrument that I play and probably the one that gets people most excited is the steel drums (think Caribbean). I have what is called "double seconds" which are two steel drums that you play together. I still have enough notes to play the melodies of songs, but if I'm playing in a band, i usually play chords. I love them!

banaili
Bree

Mar 1 2015, 7:53pm

Post #28 of 35 (2525 views)
Shortcut
Instruments, yes! :D And I sing, though I'm not sure how well... XD [In reply to] Can't Post

I play flute and piccolo and am currently learning shamisen (a kind of Japanese guitar)! Smile Music is a magic all of its own~ Heart I would absolutely love to try playing LotR and Hobbit songs with the instruments I do know! ^_^ (I've been practicing "Feast of Starlight" on flute of late!)

Misto
Lorien

Mar 1 2015, 10:35pm

Post #29 of 35 (2517 views)
Shortcut
How about [In reply to] Can't Post

No, but I used to?

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 2 2015, 10:51pm

Post #30 of 35 (2501 views)
Shortcut
The correct answer is: [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, but I'm not very goodTongue I've played guitar off and on for years, more off than on though. I've been participating in a community jazz ensemble for about 3 years, I pay them for the priviledge, LOL! But playing in a group does help me think about things like timing, which you don't have to think about if you're just playing in your bedroom. And you don't get as nervous playing in front of people if there are (lots of) others on stage with you. Good luck with your musical endeavors!Cool

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Mar 3 2015, 11:34pm

Post #31 of 35 (2458 views)
Shortcut
I love steel drums! [In reply to] Can't Post

http://youtu.be/tJkNDMUidYo

I've loved steel drums since I was a little kid and saw this on Sesame Street. SmileSmileSmile

Longbottom Leaf
Lorien

Mar 4 2015, 4:52pm

Post #32 of 35 (2437 views)
Shortcut
Drums and percussion and I love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I currently play in a band called Band of Dwellers based out of Long Island NY in which I play drums and sing backup. We play funky, bluesy, sometimes psychedelic jam rock that relies heavily on improvisation. It's so much fun to play in this band. There's nothing I love more. During recording sessions I like to add some secondary percussion into the mix. My inventory includes a six piece Tama kit with two additional octabans, bongos, two djembe's, a talking drum, a vibraslap, a hand piano, a small "xylophone like" instrument called the pipe dream and I recently acquired a small steel drum. The next item on my wishlist is a tabla. At some point in the near future I plan to put all of these devices to work to create and record some percussion only tracks based on a few ideas I have. Kind of like a one man drum circle but with a little more song structure. We'll see how that goes but in the meantime I very much enjoy creating music with my band.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Mar 4 2015, 9:53pm

Post #33 of 35 (2425 views)
Shortcut
musically impaired.... [In reply to] Can't Post

though i do own a Native American drum, a native fllute (slightly out of tune) and a (Native Australian made) digeridoo...

yes, I can get noises out of the digeridoo

and you can make one neatly out of PVC pipe...

joec_34
Rivendell

May 29 2015, 4:29pm

Post #34 of 35 (2076 views)
Shortcut
Drums, and a bit of dabbling in other instruments... [In reply to] Can't Post

...like the bongos, congas, guitar, & piano.
My real passion is cymbals (for my drum kits)...my two most frequented sites are this one, and mycymbal.com. The latter site sells cymbals, but posts videos of them being played. (Each cymbal is more-or-less hand-made, so they all have unique characteristics.) I like to drool over those videos and dream of owning every cymbal ever made!

Meneldor
Valinor

May 29 2015, 8:41pm

Post #35 of 35 (2061 views)
Shortcut
I play the stereo. // [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.