Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Gandalf and Dumbledore sitting in a tree...

Darkstone
Immortal

May 29 2015, 2:25pm

Post #1 of 10 (536 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf and Dumbledore sitting in a tree... Can't Post

Caution: Offensive and bigoted language discourtesy of Westboro Baptist Church:

http://www.dailydot.com/...witter-lgbt-ireland/

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

Glassary
Rivendell

May 29 2015, 2:50pm

Post #2 of 10 (494 views)
Shortcut
Awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

And this is what makes J.K.Rowling such an amazing person. She could sit back on her laurels but instead she steps up.
Well done J.K.

Annael
Immortal

May 29 2015, 3:16pm

Post #3 of 10 (491 views)
Shortcut
one does have to laugh [In reply to] Can't Post

about the WBC threatening to picket a wedding between fictional characters. Shows just how out of touch with reality they are . . .

They certainly get more than their fair share of press for a church that only has about 40 members. I remember when the press was all over the Aryan Nations group, who had even fewer members.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

May 29 2015, 4:14pm

Post #4 of 10 (483 views)
Shortcut
"thick sloping skulls" :-D [In reply to] Can't Post

I've had the misfortune to breathe the same air as the WBC twice in my life, though I have to say that the experiences turned out to be wonderful. In the first case, they picketed the football game between Colorado State and U of Wyoming, because Matt Shepard was associated with both towns. I was in the counterprotest, and it was so positive with cars driving past and waving, and a policewoman on a horse giving us a surreptitious thumbs up. The second time, they protested the local synagogue because--I don't know why, "let's pick on the Jews" or something. I went, and the Jews invited us into the synagogue and we had an amazing service with lots of live music and positive energy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GNU Terry Pratchett
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 29 2015, 6:25pm

Post #5 of 10 (474 views)
Shortcut
Haven't the WBC members heard? [In reply to] Can't Post

One should not meddle in the affairs of Wizards!

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

zarabia
Tol Eressea

May 30 2015, 11:29pm

Post #6 of 10 (436 views)
Shortcut
Well done, Rowling! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've often felt that the WBC members were too ludicrous to be true, maybe they were "punking" everyone, or their protests were some sort of performance art. But, unfortunately, I've met enough idiots of the caliber to know they are sincere in their bigotry. Frown

Like Ms. Rowling said, its not about addressing them - they aren't worth the time - but letting young people know that the problem lies with WBC, not with the LGBT community. I think Gandalf and Dumbledore would be cute together.
Smile

You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning 'round

~Do You Realize?, The Flaming Lips

Elarie
Grey Havens

May 30 2015, 11:29pm

Post #7 of 10 (433 views)
Shortcut
Ack! Just when I'd finally forgotten about those losers [In reply to] Can't Post

they had to crawl out from under their neanderthal rock. Actually, scratch that - it's an insult to neanderthals.

Anyhow, good for Rowling.

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jun 1 2015, 2:06am

Post #8 of 10 (400 views)
Shortcut
Eep [In reply to] Can't Post

appreciates your withdrawal of the Neanderthal metaphor...

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

(Eep, the Croods)

JK Rowling is my hero. Not only wrote a truly awesome , unique and complex story, but stands up for truth.

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

JARVIS is my copilot, and it's bigger on the inside...

Weed
The Shire

Jun 7 2015, 11:02pm

Post #9 of 10 (321 views)
Shortcut
Flying? [In reply to] Can't Post

Harry Potter and the team could have flown the Ring to Mount Doom without the kerfuffle on traipsing through most of Middle-earth.
And Hagrid would have stomped Boromir if he'd tried catching hold of a broomtail!

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jun 8 2015, 2:04am

Post #10 of 10 (314 views)
Shortcut
bwa ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa [In reply to] Can't Post

Sly

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

JARVIS is my copilot, and it's bigger on the inside...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.